Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (LABOR DAY, 9/1)

Good morning, shopping friends. Today is Labor Day, a day set aside to recognize the efforts of those who labored to make this nation the great nation it is. It is a time many are involved in the last festivities of summer as Fall lurks in the background.

Today, I finalize what goes into the under the seat rolling bag, as well as which clothes go into the packing cubes destined for the bag to be checked. I have to go to the drugstore and pick up some meds that have been refilled. Tomorrow, I take Midnight to the vet, return to fine tune the packing as I don't let Midnight see me with suitcase being packed. I'll then be off to pick up the others to go to the capital city to stay overnight so we an get up early and catch the 6am flight. We have to be at the airport by 4:30am. If not, we will be fighting the lines of people taking all those early morning flights. I'll already be checked in online, so all I need to do is give them my bag that is checked.

I saw this link on Facebook and checked it out. Basically, it deals with 10 fashion mistakes that make you look heavier(skinny jeans and layers are culprits):

http://www.minq.com/style/2041/10-style-mistakes-that-make-you-look-heavier?os=true&cont=6882041f#s...

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (LABOR DAY, 9/1)

Kona - have a great time on your vacation. I hope that you are blessed with an easy flight, wonderful weather and good times with good friends {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bird--Thank you so much! This is my favorite island so I am looking forward to it very much. Since we have two people going who have never been there, we have packed the time with activities but yet left some relaxation time.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon Ladies, have a great trip Jean, I know it's a long one to get there but once there it's a great place! Hope you have wonderful weather.

Not much here,today is sunny,warm and humid, we are expecting strong storms again this afternoon, but it's good for my flowers. Hard to believe summer is over but still hoping for a few more good weeks before we have our pool closed.

Have a great day everyone........Marijane

Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today, glad you almost have the packing done. Like you I have to pack after the dog goes to the kennel. I hope your flight and day go well for all of you, and hopefully there will be no delays. I know you all have a very long day ahead of you.

Well the Labor Day party went well yesterday, we did not have our usual sunny warm weather, but it was nice enough to sit on the covered deck and the kids got to go swimming. We had everything cleaned up by 7:00 last night, so today is a very lazy day for us. It was raining this morning, but the sun has been showing itself every now and then. Hopefully it will be sunny today for the parties going on.

Well off to get some caffeine and maybe just read a book. Have a Safe and Happy Labor Day everyone.

Trusted Contributor

Mari Jane - We will be closing our pool the middle of this month. I should say the pool guy is coming to close our pool, it has become too much work for DH and I. Enjoy yours while you can.

Respected Contributor

Krona...have a wonderful time on the big island. We just returned from two weeks of heaven on Kauai. The weather was wonderful...it is my favorite and we have visited all of the islands. Safe travels and aloha.
Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--I do hope that you can get several more weeks use out of your pool before it is closed. The weather has been so unpredictable.

Susan--Glad the party went well. Enjoy your lazy day. Hopefully, the weather will improve for you. I don't get bent out of shape about delays. I rarely have one but when it happens, it is something beyond my control. I just find something to do to make use of the extra time.

The one horrible delay I had was when we had the evening flight out of Maui one year. We were to take the flight that was coming in from San Francisco but would turn around to return. The only problem was that it developed mechanical problems and left SFO super late. We were to leave Maui around 9pm. When it was announced that there would be a delay with the anticipated departure time, some wanted to leave and go out to eat, etc. The only problem was that Maui was closing security and if anyone left, they couldn't get back in until the next morning. The airline provided us with food and beverages to tide us over until the flight arrived. We left Maui around 1:30 am, so our flights out of SFO to home had to rebooked as we missed them.

Sydsgma--Thank you so much. I did a day trip to Kauai once and it poured the entire day. I was expecting to see beautiful vegetation, etc. but we must have hit it at the wrong time. The canyon was the best part. I have a thing about the Big Island as you can tell from my user name. It is so diverse and is the closest to being true Hawaiian. Most of the climates of the world are represented on the Big Island. I plan to give Kauai another chance next year but it is like Maui, 3 days is the max.

I just returned from the drug store where I picked up my meds and got my flu shot as they were available. I now have that out of the way. My "drug bag" is now packed to go into the under the seat carry on. Now, to tackle the one-quart bag thing for the liquids.

Trusted Contributor

Susan, we have a pool service also that opens,closes and comes weekly...expensive but... When we lived in NJ and had a pool we had kids around to do that and they "sorta" knew what they were doing! Have a great trip...I don't remember reading where you are heading. it was nice your weather held off pretty much for your company yesterday.

Sidsgma...Kauai is our favorite too!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean, and have a great trip. As others have said, it is a long trip, but worth it when you arrive. DD and part of her family leave for South Carolina tomorrow to attend DGS' basic training graduation. They are driving, and it isn't all that far away, but I know she is very anxious. I was thinking that she hasn't traveled much. I have traveled much more, and I find it difficult to sleep the night before a trip. Fingers crossed all goes well for all the travelers.

I read that article, and I was struck that some of this advice seems obvious, but other parts don't necessarily apply. I noted that one of the statements that involved the difference between being a curvy size 8 and a 00. It is difficult to think of size 8 being heavier. Maybe I'm just oversensitive since that I'm a size 6-8. LOL

Waves to bird mama, Marijane, Susan (glad your party went well), Barbara (I know you enjoyed your Hawaii trip), Kathleen, Arlene, Karen, twinny, LindaR, Rosa, Gayle Val, Nancy, Gina, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

I plan to go to Curves this morning since they are only open in the morning, and maybe go to the pool this afternoon. DH and I had a nice walk this morning, and I did make it to the gym yesterday. Still hot and dry around here.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda