Super Contributor

Great buy at Christopher and Banks !

I went shopping on Saturday. I was armed with coupons from Talbots, Chicos, Christopher and Banks, and Kohls. I purchased fitness pants and top at Kohls and they always have great deals for fitness. I they went to a nice outdoor mall. I used to buy quite a bit at Cold Water Creek. It was sad to see the large beautiful store empty. I then went to C&B. I am selective in what I purchase there, however I was looking for straight leg black jeans in a short. I tried several, and the modern fit was too low for my little muffin top. The regular fit ran large. I needed to size down from my 8 short to 6 short. The clerk found a pair that had just come in, and they fit great. I had a 40% off coupon on regular priced items. I was happy to pay $26.00.

I then went to Chicos, and was looking for leggings for the older girl. I was there about 1/2 hour, and although I wear some of their clothes, it felt like I was an outsider. They seem to have their customers. It is hard to justify paying 89-99 dollars for leggings.

Then I went to Talbots. It was even more catering to their regulars. I had been in there in the spring and bought something.

I didn't purchase anything at the last 2 stores. I have a younger friend that works at that Chicos, however she wasn't there. I never found Cold Water Creek to be that way, actuallt quite the opposite, very helpful.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Great buy at Christopher and Banks !

Glad you were successful at Christopher Banks. I have some great work clothes from there. Unfortunately, there was only one store near me, and it closed. We did stop at one on vacation in SC. Did not purchase this time. As for Chico's, I love their clothes but never purchase without a sale or good coupon. I have gone in their stores and have been ignored, though. I like Talbot"s too, but even with recent sales, it could be pricey. I did find some things in the Talbot's outlet this time.
Honored Contributor

I usually find something in either Talbots or Chicos but will only buy with a sale going on. Both stores are always having sales but they will rotate as to what is on sale. I have found that both stores can be helpful...sometimes too helpful since they get commission at Chicos which I find a little annoying.

I also like J Jill. They also have some great sales...just recently they've had some 40% off (and an additional 5% if you have their CC) sales on new merchandise. I love the fit of their slim cut knit Wherever pants! I've never shopped in a Christopher & Banks since there aren't any close by.

Esteemed Contributor

I just got back from shopping and Christopher and Banks and found a few things I came home with. Was going to show the pictures...but holy cow...they have worse pictures than the Q. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Anyhoo...got the jacket below in gray denim and it looks way, way better than what it appears on their website. Not fond of the 'bling' on the jacket...so at some point if I get ambitious I will replace some of the buttons. Also got a nice gray sweater tank (all cotton). The tanks are cut very nicely in the arms...if one went sleeveless and it's more of a scoop neck than a crew neck. They had in a multitude of colors...which are not on their site.

Anyhoo...love to save $$$. Couldn't find one dang thing at Macy's, JCP or Talbots that I just HAD to have. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Petite Ruffle Peplum Colored Denim Jckt, 9-0035977384, Petite Ruffle Peplum Colored Denim Jckt Main View V80

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."