New Contributor
I have recently seen lots of pleated pants, PLEASE don't tell me they are making a come back! Pleated pants weren't good for anyone. Thin women looked too thin and big women looked bigger! Please tell me it ain't so!!!
Respected Contributor

I'm sorry but I disagree. As you get older, many people (men and women) develop a tummy, which conceals rather nicely in pleated pants. Straight front only accentuates the "pot".

Honored Contributor
Yeah Beth, I disagree too. Pleats are very flattering indeed on some women, and I personally love a well constructed pleat.
New Contributor
Omg!! I think if you have a belly, it is so much more accentuated with a pleated pant. If the pleats don't lay flat, your hips look wider and if you have any belly you look fat! I was so happy when they disappeared! Come on ladies, doesn't anyone agree with me?!! I am not a large woman, I wear a size 10, but still hate pleats.
Trusted Contributor

Depends on the pant cut, depends on the tummy............which is why both pleated and flat-front pants will always be available in the marketplace. Some women prefer one, some the other. To each her own.

Honored Contributor

The point is that it flattens you belly. Have a belly? Wear pleated pants. I have no idea if they are come back. But a well constructed pleat will conceal a pot belly.

Respected Contributor

Love pleated pants, hope they are making a return. I feel that after everyone's closets are fully saturated with leggings and shark-bite tops, fashion will dictate wider legged pants are in, and fitted shorter tops, which is so fine with me. Can't wait.

Respected Contributor

I think they make short people look shorter.

I won't be wearing them. Clean lines and flat fronts look better on me.

Super Contributor

I think I still have some pleated pants that I bought from LLBean some years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

It must have something to do with your overall body type, and not just the presence or absence of a tummy. I'm an otherwise thin person with a tummy problem, and pleated pants are not my friend! I look sooo much leaner around the middle with flat front pants. I'll be horrified if pleated fronts come back in style.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett