Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SPOIL YOURSELF SATURDAY)

Good morning, shopping friends. Tis a gloomy day but is expected to brighten as the day progresses with temps in the mid-90s. I plan to enjoy these temps as long as I can if the Farmer's Almanac prediction about Winter is true.

Spoil myself? I did buy the TSV and put it on check status. I didn't want it to arrive at the house while I was gone on the trip. I'll convert it to a card later, along with the easy pay which CS said they would do. I was considering paying the full $72+ with shipping and tax included but I will take the easy pay.

Spoil myself? I'm out the door in a few minutes to go to the city where I will pick up my new glasses. I liked the frames when I first selected them but I really think I like the ones I currently use more. Afterwards, I will have a trim, hair color and highlights, as well as having a late lunch with a cousin at the Outback.

I am returning to Amazon an item designed for Midnight which many said their cats loved. I gave Midnight a week and he chooses not to use it. Back it goes! Instead, he loved the $4 cat toy I got him at WalMart.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely! Spoiling yourself doesn't necessarily require spending money but for most of us it can be considered a treat involving money.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SPOIL YOURSELF SATURDAY)

Hello,

Jean we have a gloomy rainy day but I am enjoying it because we really need the rain.

Tonight, dinner with friends and a pretty lazy weekend. If the weatherman is right, more rain for the next week.

Everyone have a good weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Hope things go well with your glasses, salon visit, and late lunch. Maybe you will like the new glasses more than you expect. I'm still getting used to my "new" glasses purchased in February. For some reason, they hurt the back of my ear after I wear them for a few hours. I did take them in for adjustment, which helped a little, but not a lot. Hope you enjoy the Wen when you get it (after your trip). I did consider the purchase, but decided against it. Still not sure that it would make that much difference for my hair.

Hi Gayle -- enjoy your lazy weekend and dinner with your friends.

Waves to Kathleen (enjoying time with your DH), Arlene, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Karen, Rosa, twinny, Jules, Nancy, Gina, Sonya, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Don't know if I mentioned it, but I found there is a place to purchase frozen rhubarb around here (I had looked and looked but couldn't find it), and I made a strawberry/rhubarb pie yesterday. It wasn't cool enough for dinner, so we will have it tonight. Hope DH enjoys it.

I went to Curves yesterday afternoon, and DH and I had a nice walk this morning. Definitely no rain around here, and very warm/hot tempertures expected today (maybe 100). I will be doing my usual laundry and financial accounting, and I hope to make it to the pool later.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hi girls - It's cloudy here, with a forecast of thunderstorms for later. No special plans - I guess I'll lounge in the pool for a while before the storms roll in. I'm peeling like crazy - it's been many, many years since I had that problem. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

What was it that Midnight didn't like, Jean? That scratcher/bed that I got two of a few months ago (and that you got for Midnight) is still hugely popular with my gang, with the kittens being the latest fans of it. Ziggy and Shoshanna will often snuggle up on one together. BTW, the voting for Ziggy ends tomorrow afternoon!

There's really nothing much that I would care to "spoil" myself with - there's nothing that I need or even want. I do have a layaway at TJ Maxx that has to be picked up - some kitchen organizing stuff and a few silk plants. I'm wondering why I bothered but...

Come to think of it, maybe I'll "spoil" myself with a pizza tonight. I did make a trip to Publix yesterday and got my gas card along with some groceries, but I haven't had a pizza since the really lousy one we had in Destin.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon: Oh rhurbarb. It is way too hot here for it to grow---but I have had it. Hope your pie is tasty.

Stopped in at Petco---looked at some cute kitties for adoption. There was a beautiful springer spaniel being groomed. Had a black and white and he was the BEST dog in the world. He was a rescue.

Then stopped at Wallys to pick up a few items and head for home. No holiday plans.

Oh the peeling---haven't had a burn in a number of years--but that is so uncomfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

Gayle--Enjoy your dinner and the weekend. Do your relaxing and fun while the weather permits.

Linda--The strawberry rhubarb pie sounds so good. Brings back memories of my mother making it. It is good that you can enjoy Curves and that you and DH can continue to take walks together.

Arlene--If pizza is calling out to you, by all means, spoil yourself and treat yourself to it for dinner. Midnight refused to use the Purrfect Arch Self Groomer which has a 4 star rating on Amazon.

I really had a great time at the hair stylist, followed by a three-hour lunch with my cousin at the Olive Garden. As to the glasses, the more I saw them the less I liked the frames. They are now being "reframed." The frames were great but there was something about them that didn't work for me.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I must have been tired. I went to bed to read my Kindle and went to sleep but awakened in time for the 10pm WEN show. At that point, over 95,000 of the TSV had been sold. That is a little under 6 million dollars.

LindaR--Enjoy your weekend. Sometimes, those holidays without plans turn out to be the best.

Kathleen, Gina, Rosa, Twinny, Sonya, Susan and others, I wish you a great holiday weekend and the last big blast of the Summer.