Super Contributor

Does LR have different GILI pieces than what QVC offers??

Watching the LRS show and heard LR confused about that faux calf hair jacket whether or not it was lined or not? She then said (mistakenly I think, b/c she stopped herself mid sentence) "Is this lined, because I know mine is". Hmmm…..thought that was a very odd thing for her to say. So it seems her GILI pieces are made specifically for her; different than what QVC offers to us?? Somehow it doesn't surprise me. Everything always fits her just perfectly albeit a bit tight fitting. And she always used to tout she is not a FAUX leather wearer and now all of a sudden some of her "most favorite" GILI pieces are faux. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Wonder how many GILI pieces LR truly wears outside of QVC anyhow. Seems like once she sells the stuff to us, she's onto "loving" something else to get us to buy.

Not digging her outfit tonight. The boots touching the end of the skirt without showing any skin in between looks a bit odd. And that peplum back top leaves me speechless. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

Re: Does LR have different GILI pieces than what QVC offers??

She's referring to the original version that she owns. The GILI line is based on items Lisa owns that are very expensive. GILI allows you to get a more affordable version of the same thing.
===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

On 8/29/2014 VaBelle35 said: She's referring to the original version that she owns. The GILI line is based on items Lisa owns that are very expensive. GILI allows you to get a more affordable version of the same thing.

So Lisa owns the REAL version of this calf hair jacket?? Yikes! That must have been a mint. But what about when she tells us she can't afford things QVC sells??

Respected Contributor

Lisa owns very few of the "original" GILI pieces. She simply picks things that she likes and they are copied! Lisa gets every single GILI item for FREE. Frankly, I wouldn't believe a single thing that comes out of her mouth. She sees these items and knew that it was not lined...THis was NOT news to her-She made the comment on purpose! Will never understand the appeal of this woman or why anyone would choose to sit and spend time watching her.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/29/2014 Luvmycats said:

Lisa owns very few of the "original" GILI pieces. She simply picks things that she likes and they are copied! Lisa gets every single GILI item for FREE. Frankly, I wouldn't believe a single thing that comes out of her mouth. She sees these items and knew that it was not lined...THis was NOT news to her-She made the comment on purpose! Will never understand the appeal of this woman or why anyone would choose to sit and spend time watching her.

Do you know Lisa personally and what she owns? And how do you know she gets all these pieces for free? To be honest I don't know why I spend my time reading your negative vicious posts because I don't believe what constantly comes out of your mouth. You never have a nice thing to say about anything or anyone. You must be a lonely jealous, bitter woman because you never miss a chance to berate Lisa . Why don't you just go take care of your cats. I sure hope you treat them better than the posters and hosts here.
Trusted Contributor

On 8/29/2014 luvtoshopathome said:

Do you know Lisa personally and what she owns? And how do you know she gets all these pieces for free? To be honest I don't know why I spend my time reading your negative vicious posts. You never have a nice thing to say about anything or anyone. Why don't you just go take care of your cats. I sure hope you treat them good.

Tell us about your personal relationship with Lisa.

Frequent Contributor

Yes... a post about LR is sure to bring out the cats & dogs disagreeing !!

Hasn't Lisa stated her GILI creations have been "INSPIRED" by originals of an item she owns. or an item she likes ?? In my book, that reads "KNOCKOFF". Does she own/wear the fake stuff??? Only on TV, is my guess and I could care less. I think her clothes are all too small/snug, and often non age appropriate.

Contributor

Luvmycats

Maybe it's time you got a dog. It might make you a nicer person. Your replies are always such a ""ray of sunshine"".

No offense intended to cat lovers every where else. Did not mean to imply that cat lover are negative people. Quite the opposite. But I really think that this poster needs a change in her life.

Super Contributor

According to the description, it IS lined. Where did you get this information?

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Respected Contributor

Of course I loved the leather look last night. Was nice to see skirt colors other than black. Still, I will stay with the real thing and save up for anything interesting that shows up this fall.