Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS - Thursday - Where is everyone?

Hi girls!

I checked in earlier and the thread wasn't started yet - thought I'd wait and give someone else a chance, but I guess you're all out having fun! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

It's a hot day; I need to go and pay the water bill, then take Autumn & Honeybun to the park and a stop at Sonic - they're having 50¢ corn dogs today, and they love those things. After that it's going to be an evening relaxing in the pool. Yesterday Autumn fell in love with a baby who was playing in the creek with his mom; she didn't want to leave him! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Jean, the only way I'd ever turn into a morning person would be if mornings started at noon! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I've been a night owl all my life; the only time I ever got up eagerly in the morning was when I was flying and had a two hour trip to the FBO, and also on each trip to Hawaii. In fact, I used to live one subway stop away from work...and was still always late!

I haven't heard back from my friend on the house she put an offer in on. Jean, the current owners are using one of the bedrooms as a walk-in closet, but my friend said she's looking forward to entertaining and cooking, and that house just isn't set up for it. She was going to replace a small section of counter and cabinets in the kitchen with a small pantry, but that would leave her only about 2-3' of counter space, which is hardly adequate. I have probably around 12' of counters, but even that's not enough when I go on a baking spree or am hosting a dinner party. She also likes all kinds of gadgets and appliances, and she's not going to have enough room for them. Also, from the pictures she showed me, the current owners have a very small table for 4 in the dining room...that's all that fits in there and even so it's tight. She's also counting on property values to go up and selling the house at a profit in a couple of years, but I don't see the economy getting better any time soon; if I were buying a house again, I'd choose one where I loved it enough to stay there if I had to.

Hope you're all having a good day; I never got around to homework yesterday, so that's another chore for today, as it's due by midnight. Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS - Thursday - Where is everyone?

Hot here also!.

I can't imagine a house with only a linen closet!. Doesn't sound like a good purchase for your friend--but I'm not making the decision.

Trusted Contributor

Not too hot here,I think we had our day of summer yesterday.....today it's liked fall.windy and leaves falling off trees. Today was first day of school for the kids...the summer sure went fast!

. I agree about the no closets ....is it a very old house ? Years ago I don 't think people did have many closets in their house.

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone! I'm home from work. I guess 7:30 to 4:30 might make for a fun day. It was filled with activity from beginning to end, so it is good to relax now.

I'm watching the Algenist show now but might turn to Netflix for some entertainment that isn't too intellectual after a day of teaching math.

Arlene--Your friend sees something in that house that we don't and that might result in her making a poor choice. With no closets, it sounds like an old house as many years ago did not have built in closets but used furniture style closets. I know my mother had two of those, one in each bedroom before the addition was built and a closet added in the addition.

Marijane--I hope the Winter isn't as bad as predicted. Now that our students have been in school for two weeks, it is hard to think of others starting late. This is just our method of making sure there is time for all instructional days to be held regardless of what the weather does. We have from August 1 to June 30 to get all the instructional days in. We were weathered out about 20 days last year, a big increase from the norm of 5 days.

I really like that Dennis Basso faux leather jacket I got and am so strongly tempted to get another one but in black. I also know that he has a washable suede version coming up as a TSV.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Man, is it HOT out! I took the girls for their corn dogs, which they loved, then we went to the park for a little while, but it was too hot to do much walking.

The house my friend is looking at was built in 1960; mine was built a few years before that and there are 2 room-sized closets, 2 walk-ins, 2 large linen closet, and an "average" closet...plus I have a basement, so there's lots of storage. I haven't heard from her yet as to whether her offer was accepted or not.

Well, time to hit the pool - have a good evening!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening! Thanks for getting us started Arlene. I wonder what is attracting your friend to that house? I know sometimes buying a house can be an emotional experience, but I would definitely want closets and more space in the kitchen (if I had a choice.) Hope you enjoyed the pool.

Waves to LindaR, Marijane, Jean, and all of our posters and readers.

DH and I went on a senior lunch excursion, and we just got back. The restaurant was about an hour away from the senior center. Very good food, but I found it a bit too hot in there -- sort of an indoor/outdoor space, and it was in the 90's. DH and others didn't seem to mind, but.... Anyway, it was a nice outing.

I made reservations for a trip to Maryland in December -- just the plane tickets, but..... Hope that works well (and no snow this time.)

I plan to go to Curves soon. Nothing else to report.

Have a good evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Here is hoping that Winter doesn't create a problem with your planned flight back to Maryland. December used to be a safe time in our area to make travel plans. Glad you enjoyed the lunch excursion with DH.

I'm just watching the evening news and heard about Joan Rivers hospitalization.

As of right now, I'm not working tomorrow but that could change. If I don't work, I'll definitely start selecting my clothes for the trip. Saturday, I have to go and pick up my new glasses as well as having my hair colored and highlights put in.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

LindaL, I know she's having problems with noisy neighbors in the apartment she's living in, but she seems desperate to BUY rather than find another place to rent. Makes me think of my friends who were desperate to get married and settled for the first guy who came along...and soon regretted it.

I just found out that Chicago will be playing locally in a couple of weeks; I love the music from that show, and definitely plan to see it. For a few dollars more than the cost of two movie tickets, I can see a live musical - can't beat that! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Casting Crowns is performing tomorrow night, but I just found out about it - can't really afford a ticket right now anyway.