Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS - ODAT - Wonderful Wednesday

Hi girls! I can't believe it's Wednesday already! I guess Jean is working, as the thread isn't started yet. One nice side benefit of my vacation where I was up pretty early every morning is that I've been getting up earlier since I'm home as well - it was getting ridiculous for a while, like I was still on Hawaii time! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

I had a nice evening yesterday - my friend invited me over to use the pool in her apartment complex. It's a beautiful salt water pool, considerably larger than mine, and I can't believe she never used it before. Afterwards we drove by a house that she put an offer in on; I think it's a mistake, as it has absolutely nothing that she said she wanted in a house whenever we talked about it - in fact, in addition to tiny rooms the entire house has only ONE closet in the entire place - and that's a linen closet! {#emotions_dlg.scared} She's usually very level-headed, but I suspect her mind is on her health issues right now; she'd do best to get those resolved first before making a big decision like buying a house. In fact, when we went to dinner at Logan's she started to express the thought that perhaps she offered too much for it... I hope it works out to the best for her - it's not like buying a pair of shoes that you can return.

Friday afternoon is the last chance to vote for Ziggy for the calendar contest - I'll put the link on my FB page again, as well as the QVC Shopaholics FB page; please vote for him if you can. I'm doing some "campaigning" for him today - I made cupcakes last night and am stopping by a few places to drop them off, including my dentist (he has the nicest staff), the vet, and the church office (I need to ask for some help around the house from the deacons) along with a "Vote for Baby Ziggy" flyer. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I also have a bunch of stuff for the missions closet, and a bag to drop off at the vet's - the organization that is having the calendar contest is running a thrift shop out of her building until they can find larger quarters.

My cousin came out of her surgery OK; her sister said she was resting well. Thanks for your prayers and thoughts for her.

Well, I'm off to frost the cupcakes and then we'll be on our way - the dogs are eager to go out for a drive. Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS - ODAT - Wonderful Wednesday

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Arlene. Probably a good thing that your body clock has changed to earlier times. Glad to hear about your cousin's surgery. Hope all goes well for her. I totally agree about your friends house purchase. Do hope she doesn't make a mistake she will regret. Is it Logan's Roadhouse? DH and I went there in Phoenix, and we thought it was pretty good. Best wishes for Ziggy.

I'm back from my carotid artery ultrasound -- it will probably take a week or two to get the results. My osteoporosis injection went okay yesterday, and they will contact me in six months for my next dose. I did make it to the gym yesterday, but DH didn't join me. He did come for a walk with me this morning. My plan is to go to COSTCO in a little while, and then Curves this afternoon.

DD made hotel reservations in South Carolina (for DGS' basic training graduation), and it was quite expensive. Oh well, at least they won't be staying for long.

Waves to Jean (that DB jacket looks very nice), Kathleen, twinny, Karen, Marijane, LindaR, Susan, Gayle, Jules, Nancy, Val, Sonya, Gina, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Valued Contributor

Hello Arlene and Linda,

I couldn't post yesterday. I am not sure what the deal was but I was having trouble, in general, with the QVC webpage. Today everything fine.

Just back from a girl's day out with a neighbor. We did some light shopping with lunch at the mall. I normally don't go to the mall often but with school back in session it wasn't all that crowded and the clearance prices were wonderful. Best part, I didn't spend over 15 dollars and bought 2 cotton shirts. They are very simple but I am so hard on my clothing that I need to replace cotton t shirts every couple of years. One of my neighbors retired this summer so I have a great friend to do more things with. I moved here in 93 and most of my friends have moved on with their careers etc that it is just nice to have this back in my life again.

Well, the rest of the day will be low key.

To all posters, I hope you are having a great day! Gayle

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone! I'm home from work and it was a very hot day. The AC is out so the room temp was in the 90s. Despite this, the students were not too out of sorts. I have no idea how long this will last as parts need to be ordered. I go back tomorrow for the same teacher.

Arlene--You will turn into a morning person yet. I am happy that your cousin's surgery went well. I agree that one closet isn't sufficient but perhaps she is planning to put in closets, etc. or using one room as a walk in closet.

Linda--I like the idea of only having to get a shot twice a year for the osteoporosis. It certainly beats taking a pill once a week and then waiting a period of time before you can eat. I do hope the carotid artery ultrasound goes well. Waiting is so difficult.

Gayle--It sounds as if you had a fun day out with your friend for some light shopping. It is great that you have a retired friend with whom you can share experiences. You showed great restraint in your shopping with a max of $15 spent!!

After the day in the sauna, it is now nice just to sit here in the cool and relax. I don't need to see temptation in the form of Signature Chocolate Pretzel assortment. I think I'd better turn to a Netflix offering.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Jean,

So right. The main reason I was able to go lite with the shopping is that I see this as being a more regular thing so I can't overdo. I will say, she is quite the shopper and I had my one small bag and my backseat was filled with her purchases. But you know what, she is newly retired and more power to her, she enjoyed the day.

Esteemed Contributor

Gayle--Your newly retired friend may be enjoying the initial stages of retirement. After a period of time, it may dawn upon her that the money spent on shopping might be better spent on activities, etc. It is easy not to overdo when you know shopping will be a regular activity. An item that might be tempting but not purchased may be replaced by an even better item later. There is no reason in today's society that we have to stock up with huge purchases to do us months until the next shopping excursion.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.