Super Contributor

Christmas in July repulsive.

I find these tacky shows repulsive as they take all the meaning and joy out of christmas. The people who push this oviously do not celebrate this sacred holiday. I will not buy a thing and do not say QVC won't care. Good business people care about every single dime. I won't even buy during the holidays. Christmas in July, Christmas in August......SICK! SICK! SICK! I am begining to find most shopping channels quite nasty at this point.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christmas in July repulsive.

Considering it is now the end of August I think it is a little late to be complaining about the Christmas in July show.
Honored Contributor

I do understand people who don't like holiday or seasonal shopping way out ahead of the actual time. They are more about living in the moment, and enjoying an event in it's time place.

I also understand people who don't believe in the commercialization of Christmas, and that speaks for itself.

I also understand people having high standards for the quality of merchandise being offered, and Q is really slipping there.

But if the meaning and joy is taken out of anything for you because of a retail decision/timing on a television channel that you never even have to turn on, you don't have a real sense of the true meaning of the event anyway.

Your entire joy (or lack of it) of anything being tied so closely to the programming or the choices on QVC is rather sad.

Esteemed Contributor

The reason I don't watch or buy is because it's cheap junk you can buy at stores like Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

Frequent Contributor

Let me complain about it just for a sec, if I may. They start earlier each year for the past few. Soon it will be an all year long affair. Q is running out of watchable programming and some people just can't wait to say they are done with their shopping in October. I'll be shopping at the mall later, since any items I might like on Q will be long gone when I'm in the Christmas shopping mood.
Esteemed Contributor

QVC really turns me off with all of their Christmas programming, whether it is in July or December 20th. They do not offer appropriate gifts for the people I do buy for, and a lot of the Christmas decorations border on junk (or just more "stuff" which I do not need). This is the time of year when I watch less and less and slow down my purchases from QVC. I know they won't miss me, and I won't miss them.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

To each his own - I find this post repulsive.

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.confused1} I think that they must make a LOT of money on Christmas stuff with few returns, that is why you see it showing up earlier and earlier every year.

They used to have only Christmas in July, all day long on July 25. Then you would not see any Christmas décor stuff until mid-late September, and then there would be a weekly program in the regular morning show hours of Christmas items.

Then around October they would start adding Christmas décor shows more frequently and usually have a TSV tree, then about the middle of November or right before Thanksgiving, they stop most of the Christmas décor programming.

Most people probably won't buy Christmas décor after Thanksgiving from a shopping channel because they are focused on buying gifts for people for Christmas. I'm guessing they buy all the décor they need or want, in the months prior to Christmas, as a budgeting issue. I'm sure QVC knows this that is why they keep adding the décor shows earlier and earlier, to try and cash in on the decorating urge people have, as they push it as a happy and bright holiday, full of wonder and joy and people totally buy it and order accordingly.

So if you can make people think of happy Christmas memories and wonderful family get togethers in JUNE then why not try to sell them a tree or a wreath before they start budgeting money for Christmas gifts?

Respected Contributor

Repulsive? Really? How silly. As has been said to whiners here many times before, use the remote.

Super Contributor

On 8/27/2014 Puppy Lips said:

QVC really turns me off with all of their Christmas programming, whether it is in July or December 20th. They do not offer appropriate gifts for the people I do buy for, and a lot of the Christmas decorations border on junk (or just more "stuff" which I do not need). This is the time of year when I watch less and less and slow down my purchases from QVC. I know they won't miss me, and I won't miss them.

That is really a very good point. Most of the gifts I give at Christmas to friends and family I purchase elsewhere. I get a few gifts from QVC, usually a few silver jewelry gifts for my DD and a niece I usually buy for and that's about it.

Most of the gifts I buy for Christmas I buy from Nordstrom, or at the mall, or I order from Amazon if it's a specific thing someone wants that I can order from them and not have to drive to find.

QVC has historically offered very low priced gifts and most of the gifts they have aren't really gifts at all, it's just junk. And they have also rarely offered brand name higher ticket items that people often want for Christmas. The times they do offer brand name things like tablets or whatever it's likely not that great of a price or, it's an outdated model that someone wouldn't really want.