Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, 8/26)

Good morning, shopping friends. I don't go to work until around 11am. Hopefully, I can squeeze in some time this morning to go to the lawyer and have my new will witnessed and signed.

I may or may not have a Dennis Basso faux leather jacket at the Post Office. I know it was shipped but I was too tired yesterday to see if it had arrived. It will arrive when it arrives. I do know that I'm not interested in the TSV as I have too many miracle products on hand.

One week from today, I will be bound for my return to Hawaii. At this point, it will seem as if time will never pass but the week will fly. I just need to think ahead and get organized for the trip. The good old "mix and match" will work, plus I need some warmer clothes for a venture to 14,000 ft.

This is a link that gives info on how to avoid buying mistakes in fashion:

http://living.msn.com/style-beauty/fashion/12-questions-to-ask-yourself-to-avoid-buyers-remorse-1

While I'm thinking of the trip, I need to email the vet with the care and feeding instructions for Midnight who will be boarded there while I am gone.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, 8/26)

Well, I'm about out the door. I did get the email sent to the vet regarding the boarding of Midnight while I'm gone on the trip. My feet swelled big time yesterday in the heat with no ac plus the walking, so I decided to put on my travel hose which are light support hose to help prevent swelling and possible blood clots while flying. It had been some time since I had worn them; those things take time to put on...and you know they are on when first put on. I have a feeling that while spending that long time in the San Francisco airport layover, I might do without them as it will have been about 12 hours of wearing at that point.

I have to get up at 3:00 am to get to the airport for an hour flight to Chicago and then spend almost 3 hours there before leaving for San Francisco. We had an earlier flight from San Francisco to Kona but since the FAA made the airlines change schedules because of the runway repairs and expansions at SFO, our flight got scrubbed which results in our sitting in SFO for almost six hours. Gr-r-r-r! Had we made our arrangements two months ago, we would have been put on a later flight out of the local airport but we used frequent flier tickets which means that we booked early to get the dates we wanted.

I'm out the door now. Have a great day! So much for not being able to watch Denim & Co.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Regular Contributor

Hi Ladies!!! Jean, thanks for starting us and the link. It has some helpful hints...I think I have gotten better, but I am a work in progress. I remember when you booked your Hawaii trip, boy is time flying. It's too bad about the flight changes, that's quite a layover. Hopefully, you'll have a good day subbing!!

It's a back to work day for me...my desk is just about organized, but I have a few things that I am dreading doing, unfortunately, they need to get done (after this post). We are having our first day of 90 degree weather in a while. We have had so few of those this year, it's been wonderful.

I took out chicken cutlets this morning...not sure what I will do with them. I have to get back to healthy eating and watching what I'm eating. This last vacation killed me.

I hope everyone is having a good day...better get back to work. Enjoy!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon Ladies, have a nice afternoon subbing Jean. Yes the time has flown Karen. I remember it was several months that Jean wrote about gping and I thought,wow,that's a long way off....now here it is. That was an interesting Jean posted today,I am still a work in progress too but I am getting better. Karen I had heard on TV that so far we have had only three 90degree temps this summer,and one of which was in August.

Sorry to read about your DH LindaL, my prayers go out to the both of you.

I remember when we went to see youngest DS after boot camp in the Marines, he had lost so much weight, about 25 lbs,he was thin to start with,he said the last thing you think of is eating especially if you are last on line you may only have a minute or two to eat!

Twinny I hope you have a great trip and the weather is not too hot for you...we used to go down to OOB when the kids were small to go on the rides, we had a beach in the town we lived in,Cape Elizabeth,right outside of Portland, when DH was transferred back to Me. a second time back in 1990,we lived in Falmouth,also right near Portland, my youngest son still lives up in Portland, he is the only one of my 3 kids who can consider himself a native as he was born there. It is a nice state but can get pretty cold in the winter.....DH was trans transfered back to NY office in 1997 and here we are! All our family are either in NY,NJ etc so we are glad to get back, my other two kids are in Hoboken,NJ and Brooklyn NY.

We are going out for lunch now, it's our anniversary.. 47 years..Yikes, talk about time flying! Have a nice day everyone......Marijane

Respected Contributor

Happy Anniversary to you!!!!! Enjoy your lunch!

Last night we had our ladies group. As we were all working around the table on our project we were chatting back and forth. One lady shared that her DH mentioned he didn't have many shirts in the closet. Well, she looked at her "to be ironed" rack and counted 100 items!!!! Thought about your ladies who iron!.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today, hope you have a good day at work. Sorry about the long delay at the airport, just keep remembering where you are going and hopefully it won't seem as bad. Do you have all your clothes laid out yet? Don't worry Midnight won't be mad at you for too long. We always take the early flights when we can, they are nice, but I hate getting up for them because I never sleep well the night before. I truly do look like a zombie going thru the airport.

Karen - Glad you enjoyed your vacation, it is always hard the first day back. Try some bread crumbs on the chicken and then just bake them. That is always an easy meal for me.

Still cleaning here for the party Sunday, and of course I got my yucky cold back that I had a month ago. The doctor called in a Zpac and inhaler for me so I do need to pick them up today. Nothing is worse than being patient zero at the party. I really don't want anyone to get what I have. This "stuff" take forever to get over.

Well got to get my ironing done, hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Trusted Contributor

Mari Jane - Happy Anniversary!! And many more. Do enjoy your lunch out.

LindaR - I would show my DH how to iron. It is very depressing when you haven't ironed for awhile and realize how much time you will spend doing it. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind ironing, but I have a limit. I try to go down and do it every week so I don't have 100 things to iron. I do wish that lady much luck.

Regular Contributor

Marijane, Happy Anniversary!!! I heard the same about our 90 degree days, unbelievable. By the way, I love the IM ankle pants. I wore the brown on vacation, and got quite a few compliments.

LindaR, that's a lot of ironing!!!

Susan, feel better!! I had quite a bout this summer, and then a short relapse...no fun!! I was thinking about breadcrumbs and baking. I'll use panko...then just roast some fresh veggies, and salad.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Well, I'm still in recovery mode, and wishing I had some more of those awesome pancakes from The Pancakery - both times we went I had the ones filled with strawberries, bananas, and chocolate chips, and were they ever good! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I've made a resolution to get back on my diet and get that weight off for once and for all, but I have to finish the donuts I brought back from The Donut Hole first.

I miss the beach already; I really enjoyed it, especially after having lived near beaches all my life until I moved here. I wouldn't mind going back to Florida for a few days, even by myself. Well, we'll see what the next year brings.

Happy anniversary, Marijane!

Jean, I wish I were going with you; I'm really homesick. Can you leave the airport at San Francisco and do something fun in the city for a few hours? Poor Midnight - going back to "jail" while you have fun!

For those of you who like to iron, did you know what there's actually a sport called Extreme Ironing? This is from their website:

"What do you do when you want to go out with your friends and have a good time, but have a truck-load of ironing to do at home? Combine them!

XTREME ironing is a celebration of the cultural phenomenon of multitasking that came into vogue at the turn of the 21st century.

Men worldwide have universally declared that multitasking is no longer the domain of women, and have taken to the extreme the concept of multitasking by ironing whilst performing other activities… like base jumping, hang gliding and rock climbing.

Women have joined in the celebration too by participating in the sport of XTREME ironing. The capitalization of XTREME makes it ever more XTREME.

Now an internationally recognized sport, XTREME ironing has exploded onto the main stage after decades of existence in the back-mountains of Kilimanjaro and Everest."

Cliff Iron Cliff Iron

Chopper Iron Chopper Iron

Cab Iron Cab Iron

Base Jump Iron Base Jump Iron

Cave Iron

I was going to take a particular top to Florida with me, but...it needed ironing, so home it stayed... {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Hope you have a good trip, twinny.

Yesterday I took the dogs to the park and Autumn had her swim, which she thoroughly enjoyed; they were so excited to go somewhere again. Afterwards I spent some time in the pool; the water was surprisingly warmer than I expected it would be, I guess because it had been very hot out for days. I do have a solar cover on the pool but since there are trees all around it doesn't get as warm as I'd like it to be; I'd sure love to have a heated pool like the one at the condos we stayed at.

I'm waiting to hear about how my cousin's surgery went; I'm so glad she has a husband who adores her and is so supportive.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Trusted Contributor

Arlene - My idea of extreme ironing is balancing a glass of water of the ironing board while I am ironing. Besides, I don't thing they got too many wrinkles out with their irons. Glad the dogs had a good time on their walk.