Honored Contributor

The dresses at the awards, shall we critique?

They really ran from a-z, but I realized how much I liked the dress on the gal from Downton Abby. Don't care for the shiny materials. Alison Janney, had on a beautiful color and looked fabulous, I really like her! I liked J. Dreyfus's gown too. The dresses they wore and seemed comfortable in.

Anyone else have a favorite and what were your impressions on the gowns this year?

Honored Contributor

Re: The dresses at the awards, shall we critique?

Everyone looked lovely. I enjoyed watching the Emmys this year!

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

There were a few misses among the hits. Lena Dunham looked like an exploded cotton candy machine at a girls school.
Super Contributor

I liked Halle Berry's dress, as always, classy. Can't comment on many as I missed most of the show. I didn't like Anna Gunn's (Breaking Bad) dress, but I didn't see Lena Dunham's to comment.

Respected Contributor

Lot's of red. I thought everyone looked pretty, nothing stood out as the winning dress. I did think the show was a complete bore. The jokes fell flat and the same people keep winning over and over again. I'm glad Breaking Bad is over. Now someone else can win. Same goes for the comedy show that has won over and over and over. I was hoping someone new and deserving would win.

Super Contributor

I loved Julia Roberts short sparkly dress. It was a good change for her. I did not care for Julianna Margulies' dress. It was too severe. Same for her hair. She looks so lovely with her her down in soft waves. Allison Janney looked fabulous.

Honored Contributor

I thought Julia Roberts looked totally fabulous.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Contributor

Kate Walsh's bright yellow was interesting. Can't decide if I liked it or not. Agree Allison Janney looked great.
Honored Contributor

Flipped through pics....these were the ones that caught my eye. 2 of them were navy blue...love that color on the red carpet. The white geometric was unusual w/out looking too weird. And the watercolor print was unusual, as well. Christine B's dress is pretty...better w/out the train.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Honored Contributor

Sofia V always looks great. Didn't care for Matthew M.'s bow tie. Bet Joan Rivers will do a show. LOL