Trusted Contributor

I'm sitting here with a friend of mine and her little boy watching PM Style. Rene comes on with her WWC pants, then the music starts and out comes Monica shaking her butt in the camera, like I've never seen. My friend's little boy says 'mommy look at that lady she's shaking her behind on the TV'. My friend stopped and she looked at me and then said 'oh she's just dancing' to which he replied 'but you don't dance like that'. Well I couldn't change the channel any faster because we didn't want him ( or ourselves) to watch Rene and her ridiculous wiggling. Does she ever think that it may be offensive to some? How low can you go to make people buy your product that you have to make the models and hosts do that ridiculous shaking, especially Monica. I am in no way a prude but I'm sorry it is uncalled for and I was embarrassed for my friend and her son.

Valued Contributor
I think they don't expect small children to be watching QVC. If something like this comes on any channel that you don't think a child should watch, do as you did tonight and change the channel. I would not want the Q to censor programming because children may inadvertently see something that some people think is objectionable.
Respected Contributor

ITA! I have complained numerous times to CS to no avail. She is absolutely obnoxious. It is not even once in a while, it is every single time. Why do we have to endure looking at these women shake their butts in our faces every single time?? It is absolutely disgusting and I am far from a prude, believe me. Monica was over the top tonight. I don't find this amusing in any shape or form. I can understand having fun, but please this is so totally unprofessional and horrid. The powers that be at the Q don't give a rat's a--!! I am a shareholder in this company and have complained and complained and believe me, no one cares. I don't see such childish behaviour on any other shopping channel. As soon as I see she will be presently, I immediately change the channel. Enough already, get some class lady.

On another note, just watched Sandra B. with Isaac. OMG what a difference! She has such class, grace and beauty and is a lady in every sense of the word. What a pleasure it is to watch her.

Honored Contributor

I'd call CS and ask to speak to a SUPERVISOR. Speaking to a CS rep does nothing because they are so low on the scale.

Honored Contributor
On 8/25/2014 StuffyBug said: I think they don't expect small children to be watching QVC. If something like this comes on any channel that you don't think a child should watch, do as you did tonight and change the channel. I would not want the Q to censor programming because children may inadvertently see something that some people think is objectionable.

What does a child do that you "expect"? They creep down hallways, sit on stairs, and wake up scared and come to get the parent among a million other things. They're in the home. Enough said.

Respected Contributor
On 8/25/2014 ECBG said:

I'd call CS and ask to speak to a SUPERVISOR. Speaking to a CS rep does nothing because they are so low on the scale.

I did do that, twice as a matter of fact. I just sent yet another email to CS.

Valued Contributor
On 8/25/2014 ECBG said:
On 8/25/2014 StuffyBug said: I think they don't expect small children to be watching QVC. If something like this comes on any channel that you don't think a child should watch, do as you did tonight and change the channel. I would not want the Q to censor programming because children may inadvertently see something that some people think is objectionable.

What does a child do that you "expect"? They creep down hallways, sit on stairs, and wake up scared and come to get the parent among a million other things. They're in the home. Enough said.

So, are you saying kids may turn on QVC and watch while no one's looking? How often does that happen? Heck of a reason to suppress something on adult programming.
Frequent Contributor

I agree with you in regards to that shaking bottom/twerking going on nonsense when Renee's fashion on airing. Seems a bit immature to me. Also some people don't wiggle and jiggle at all, I have heard her say everyone does. I think not. With that being said, children do watch QVC. They had toys on last night and kringle express. I don't think I should have to turn the channel when Renee comes on shaking her bottom when my son is watching TV with me. After all QVC is on 24/7.

Trusted Contributor
What does that even mean, they don't expect children to be watching QVC? If a woman wants to watch QVC and she has children and they are in the same room, should the mother chase them? It's not an x-rated movie, it's a shopping channel. Again I'm not a prude but we don't need to see models shaking their butts into the camera just to sell a product. You could see that some of the models are hesitant and are probably embarrassed themselves but Rene, of course, has to insist they wiggle and shake their butts in our faces. I am very surprised at Monica tonight, she was out of control. Also my friend just called and told me he told his dad that he saw a lady shaking her behind on TV at my house. Let's just say this, my friend had some explaining to do. Sorry there's no need for it and it is classless.
Super Contributor

I was talking on the phone and kind of paused in midsentence and had to explain to my friend that I was watching Monica doing some pretty obnoxious moves, IN MY OPINION. It's getting out of hand.

I don't think they have any bosses or supervisors or directors, etc. at the Q. It must run itself.