Trusted Contributor

I hate to admit this but, I am looking for a Bra to sleep in and I found a few. Now I was measured at VS and they said I a 38D. Now the ones I was looking at come in Small through XX Large. A Medium is in the 38D range a Large is a 40D. The reason for my question is the Medium my size is a tad tight and I have to hook it on the first hook. an X Large is too big. They didn't have a Large. I know over time Bras loosen up. So when you buy Bras do you buy them to hook on the first hook or the second set of hooks?

Sorry for rambling just wanted to make sure I everything I wanted to. Thanks Katey! Smile

Esteemed Contributor

I like mine to hook in the middle so that when it stretches out a bit I can cinch it up more.

You didn't ask...but I wouldn't buy the too tight version. Wait until they have your size. Check on line. I would not want to sleep in a too tight bra. Yowza.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

I agree with Kate. If you buy the wrong size you'll be miserable and will end up not wearing them. Just wait until your correct size comes back in stock.

I also hook in the middle.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Trusted Contributor
On 8/25/2014 kate2357 said:

I like mine to hook in the middle so that when it stretches out a bit I can cinch it up more.

You didn't ask...but I wouldn't buy the too tight version. Wait until they have your size. Check on line. I would not want to sleep in a too tight bra. Yowza.

I will return them at another Store since it is a chain store. I will buy my correct size very soon. Thanks!

Trusted Contributor
On 8/25/2014 Divine said:

I agree with Kate. If you buy the wrong size you'll be miserable and will end up not wearing them. Just wait until your correct size comes back in stock.

I also hook in the middle.

Thank you for responding and quickly. I too thought I should buy the one that hooks in the middle since I do sleep in them. I have ones I wear during the day and comfy ones to wear to bed.

Super Contributor

your bra should be on the last hook, the one that makes it the biggest when you buy it because it will loosen and then you move on to the middle...

Super Contributor
The genie bras are great for sleeping in-- that is the way I wear them. Very comfortable and stretches to take the guess work of of the size.
Trusted Contributor

I like new bras to fit on the first or second hook, so that when the elastic begins to stretch over time I can adjust them to proper snugness.

Super Contributor
On 8/25/2014 typomed said: The genie bras are great for sleeping in-- that is the way I wear them. Very comfortable and stretches to take the guess work of of the size.

I agree. I wouldn't even think of sleeping in a traditional hook and eye bra when Genie/Ahh Bras are available out there.

Respected Contributor
I have never slept with a bra on. I am a 36C. Why sleep in a bra?