Trusted Contributor

How do LCNY compare in quality to Denim & Co.?

I am curious how the two compare because Liz is more expensive, but is there a great difference in quality? I bought my first Denim & Co. shirt recently it is Jayne's peplum shirt and the quality is very nice for the price. So I was wondering how the tops of both lines compare since the Liz line is more expensive.

Honored Contributor

Re: How do LCNY compare in quality to Denim & Co.?

Not much difference in 95/5 fabrics (you know 95 cotton 5 span) except maybe the price and the label inside. If you find great items by that designer (tongue in cheek) Denim & Co vs LCNY go for it. No one knows except you.

Respected Contributor

I feel like a lot of the LCNY tops are 100% cotton versus the D & Co. tops that are 95/5. I've come to appreciate the spandex in the D & Co. tops because they retain their shape and color and I don't always have that happen with 100% cotton. Overall I think the quality is about the same just different items offered.

Honored Contributor

I have purchased dresses, sweaters and skirts from LC but never a t shirt. Everything I have gotten was very good quality.

Trusted Contributor

I have tons of D&C, and several LCNY pieces. I think they're both great quality; for me, D&C runs about 1 size larger than LCNY and, as you noted, D&C is less expensive. Both are great.

Contributor

I've purchased both D&Co. and LCNY, and 4 of the Women in Control 3/4 sleeve shirts. Like one poster said, D&Co. runs a little big bigger. I don't think there's that much difference between the two, other than LCNY may have more pieces that are 100% cotton. They also have more ponte knits. LCNY's ponte knits are fabulous - fit well, colors stay vibrant, etc. For my lifestyle now (retired), both of these lines suit my style. I don't think you'd be disappointed going with either or both!