Valued Contributor

I have been looking for a mattress for a long time. My husband picked out a Serta Bellagio a few years ago from a local store and it has sunken in the middle and we hate it. I think he was tired looking and just said this is it to that one. Can I trust another Serta to last? I know they have a 10 yr non pro-rated warranty on this one. The Bellagio mattress has a pillow top which failed, and is considered a soft mattress on the firm to soft range. My husband likes a more firm mattress, so that is why I think he chose the old one just to get out of the store. I'm picking out our next one, so should I order this TSV or go with another brand. I was looking at Simmons, on SHOPHQ. Anyone please help.

Regular Contributor
I ordered a serta 2 yrs ago as a tsv and after a month it started to sag. I have been through every brand of mattress out there. I will never get another Serta, Seally, or Englander ever again. They all were defective and the inspector said so but the companies always found a way out of honoring the warranty. Then we purchased a Simmons Beauty rest pillow top from Macy's. Would you believe that we had a total of three (3) mattresses go bad in a years time! Yep every 3 months after use they sagged in. The last one was the worst. I couldn't even sleep in them. We thought about a sleep number but to pay that much for an air mattress was out. One of our friends has a temperpedic, butI didn't have $4,000 to spend on the almost top grade. So the last brand was Sterns and Foster. Back to Macy's and We found a great one on sale during the 4 th if July sale. It cost $1700 but so worth the cost. We went with a regular mattress not firm this time. All prior mattresses were firm, but after trying a sleep number we found our numbers to be 45 and 43. So to me that meant it should not be firm. The mattress is awesome.!!! I had hip surgery at age 54 and a metal plate was put in by my femur bone because it broke during surgery. I cannot lay on it, but I can with this mattress. No more waking up with lower backaches either. Good news it is on sale now even lower price $1397 when we purchased it, they even gave a promotion for a free $200 macys gift card! here is the info: Stearns and Foster Estate Scarborough Tight Top Luxury Plush Queen Mattress Set Web ID: 1326305 Lowest Price of the FALL Season Reg. $2,789.00 Was $1,799.00 Sale $1,397.00 Sale ends 9/7/14 Pricing Policy Good luck! Take it from me, I was about ready to just get any brand and go through the faulty issues. We have had this one for three months and no sagging like the others did at this time. Forgot to say that Macy's customer service was awesome. They stood by the warranties, exchanged the bad ones, even issued full refund after the 3rd bad one. The delivery guys are awesome too. They take off their shoes or cover them, they offer to vacuum your rug by the bed, set it up, take away the old.
Valued Contributor
On 8/24/2014 khay said: I ordered a serta 2 yrs ago as a tsv and after a month it started to sag. I have been through every brand of mattress out there. I will never get another Serta, Seally, or Englander ever again. They all were defective and the inspector said so but the companies always found a way out of honoring the warranty. Then we purchased a Simmons Beauty rest pillow top from Macy's. Would you believe that we had a total of three (3) mattresses go bad in a years time! Yep every 3 months after use they sagged in. The last one was the worst. I couldn't even sleep in them. We thought about a sleep number but to pay that much for an air mattress was out. One of our friends has a temperpedic, butI didn't have $4,000 to spend on the almost top grade. So the last brand was Sterns and Foster. Back to Macy's and We found a great one on sale during the 4 th if July sale. It cost $1700 but so worth the cost. We went with a regular mattress not firm this time. All prior mattresses were firm, but after trying a sleep number we found our numbers to be 45 and 43. So to me that meant it should not be firm. The mattress is awesome.!!! I had hip surgery at age 54 and a metal plate was put in by my femur bone because it broke during surgery. I cannot lay on it, but I can with this mattress. No more waking up with lower backaches either. Good news it is on sale now even lower price $1397 when we purchased it, they even gave a promotion for a free $200 macys gift card! here is the info: Stearns and Foster Estate Scarborough Tight Top Luxury Plush Queen Mattress Set Web ID: 1326305 Lowest Price of the FALL Season Reg. $2,789.00 Was $1,799.00 Sale $1,397.00 Sale ends 9/7/14 Pricing Policy Good luck! Take it from me, I was about ready to just get any brand and go through the faulty issues. We have had this one for three months and no sagging like the others did at this time. Forgot to say that Macy's customer service was awesome. They stood by the warranties, exchanged the bad ones, even issued full refund after the 3rd bad one. The delivery guys are awesome too. They take off their shoes or cover them, they offer to vacuum your rug by the bed, set it up, take away the old.

khay,

Thanks for this! The one you listed was the one I was looking at on Macys.com. Sorry about the multiple posts on different forums but I couldn't find anyone to give me an opinion. The bad mattress I have now I paid $1100 for and it is a Serta Bellagio. My boss bought a Stearns & Foster several years ago and he said when he is on vacation he can't wait to get back and sleep on his mattress, he loves it. He and his wife have had it for about 6 yrs and he still raves about it. They bought it from a local decorator shop that was closing due to the family wanted to retire, and they got it at about 50% off. I am so sorry for your problems, but I appreciate you letting me know what you went through.