Honored Contributor

dresses that I like but I have some concerns....

the models wearing the size that I would wear, small or perhaps extra small, are also 8 inches on average taller than I am! 364-774,364-055 & 341-309. are any of you petite gals having luck with buying dresses?
Honored Contributor

Re: dresses that I like but I have some concerns....

I'm assuming that these are from HSN as the Q has letters in their item numbers.

Dress #1

Dress #2

Dress #3

Honored Contributor

lengths:

dress #1

Approx. 39-1/2""L

dress #2

Approx. 42-1/2""L

dress #3

Approx. 38""L

Honored Contributor

thank you for posting pictures lola! since you have pointed out the lengths the third one would probably work out the best right out of the box. The other two I would clearly have to do alterations. may have to adjust the straps as well for the waistline.Not sure if it's worth it
Honored Contributor

I'm sorry but did I post this thread in the wrong place? I assumed we were talking fashion here or perhaps I am the only to petite gal around? Yeah that must be it. sorry to interrupt. please carry on
Honored Contributor

I have seen lots of dresses out in stores that are too short. Too short for me (I am in my early 50s) is more than an inch above my knee. I am not petite but I would think the shorter lengths would be great on a petite woman looking for a knee length dress.

Valued Contributor

No you are not alone in being petite and having problems buying dresses. Since my legs are long the length of regular dresses aren't usually a problem. My problem is that the waist falls at the wrong place because I am short-waisted. Therefore petite dresses usually fit my body better but sometimes they are a smidge too short.

In the past I had good luck with petite dresses from Talbot's but I haven't shopped there in several years.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/23/2014 Andreatoo said: I'm sorry but did I post this thread in the wrong place? I assumed we were talking fashion here or perhaps I am the only to petite gal around? Yeah that must be it. sorry to interrupt. please carry on

I was wondering why the snark...then read your siggie quotes...pretty much explains all.

Re the dresses...I think the second one is something I would/could wear, but even at 5'5" I would have to hem it. Might be worth it because of the distinctive style.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

On 8/23/2014 kate2357 said:
On 8/23/2014 Andreatoo said: I'm sorry but did I post this thread in the wrong place? I assumed we were talking fashion here or perhaps I am the only to petite gal around? Yeah that must be it. sorry to interrupt. please carry on

I was wondering why the snark...then read your siggie quotes...pretty much explains all.

Re the dresses...I think the second one is something I would/could wear, but even at 5'5" I would have to hem it. Might be worth it because of the distinctive style.

Ayn Rand explains snark?! What?my 'snark' as you put it has nothing to do with whether I quote a funny line from a film or a proLific author, it has to do with the fact that the front page is often filled with threads either trashing a designer or discussing a host. and I am frustrated. I asked a legitimate fashion question looking for actual comments or suggestions about sizing and I too have long legs, freakishly long legs for my short height so I wanted to know if anybody had purchased a dress and how much alterations they wound up having to do to it. it would be nice if they threw in some short models