Trusted Contributor

I was just online looking at outerwear garments and came across a coat I liked. I them plugged in the reviews for this item and all the reviews said the same thing, size down. I started thinking shouldn't the host have told everyone that? why, oh why, can't these hosts do their job and tell us this stuff? I don't care about their families, their vacations, its tv shopping, just do your job and tell us about the item we're buying! please note qvc, if we had all this information from the start maybe your return ratio would be down.

Honored Contributor

Because the hosts already size down (inappropriately) 2-3 sizes already so they have no idea what their ""real"" size is anymore?

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor
I wonder the same thing!! They waffle on for the whole presentation sometimes, and don't give us the sizing, color shades etc., which, if they did their research, they would do! For example, is the burgundy a blue shade, or like today's Logo TSV, a brick shaded burgundy. Thanks to Lisa for that piece of information. I wouldn't have chosen burgundy had she not explained the shading.
Respected Contributor

Please use commas, capitals and proper sentence structure!

Super Contributor

Good grief!

Trusted Contributor

If the presenting host tried on the garments before the show, they would know. That is another reason why women should present women's clothes! The designer, be it a female or male, should also know this, as they oversee the fit and work with the fit models.

Honored Contributor
On 8/23/2014 NYwoman said:

If the presenting host tried on the garments before the show, they would know. That is another reason why women should present women's clothes! The designer, be it a female or male, should also know this, as they oversee the fit and work with the fit models.

Good idea and I like it when a host wears the item and tells us her regular size and if she sized up or sized down in that particular item.

Trusted Contributor
The main reason is because up until a few years ago all the hosts would give measurements for each and every size of the garment they were presenting. Then Jayne Brown thought it was a waste of time and customers should measure themselves and use the generic QVC garment chart. I guess the powers that be listened and giving the garment measurements stopped. Now anyone who purchases clothing from the Q, knows very well that every designers measurements are different and even if you look online many times the measurements are wrong. What about people who don't own computers, they would never have an idea of the measurements or by the time you go to look it up, the item sells out. So you can thank Jayne Brown. I think it's one of the most ridiculous things the Q ever did.
Honored Contributor
On 8/23/2014 Luvmycats said:

Where is the comma for after "capitals"? Just sayin"!

Trusted Contributor
On 8/23/2014 Luvmycats said:

Are you a teacher? Geeeeeesh