Super Contributor

alternatives coldwater creek

I'm used to finding clearance tops, jackets, and petite items on coldwater creek. With them no longer in business, what stores online are similar that you recommend? I need petite, so that is the key issue.

Trusted Contributor

Re: alternatives coldwater creek

You may be glad to hear that Coldwater Creek may re-emerge online later this year. We'll have to wait and see if it's anything like the old CWC -- which has long been one of my favorite sources for clothing -- especially the bargains from their online outlet. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

http://www.coldwatercreek.com/

Valued Contributor

Talbots?
Frequent Contributor

Christoper and Banks has comparable merchandise at much lower prices than Coldwater Creek. They carry Misses and Petites and CJ Banks carries plus size clothing. They have a website so you can shop online. I really like their clothes and they have fabulous sales! Check them out!
Valued Contributor

That's good to know although in the past ""few"" years their designs IMO got off track. I haven't purchased form CWC for the past same few years. I will be watching closely for their on-line reopening.

Respected Contributor

In the Philly area, the Christopher & Banks stores have closed.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Contributor

I've had great success with TravelSmith. Their emphasis is on travel oriented, packable items but I do love their petite line of dress pants, jersey dresses and tops. Excellent quality and customer service with free exchanges and fast free shipping of $50 or more (think one SG top at her new price points!) They have a great web-site www.travelsmith.com, a printed catalog and frequent sales. They also offer a super travel service where you tell them when and where in the world you are traveling and they e-mail an amazingly detailed info package of places to see and facts about getting around. I used the service for Paris, Vienna, Munich and Amsterdam and the info was free and more current than some of the guidebooks. As you can read from my enthusiasmm this is my go-to on line shopping site, not just for travel clothes but for more and more of my daily wardrobe. Check out their Microfiber Big Shirts and the Ex Officio quick dry undies.

Valued Contributor

Soft Surroundings has an online outlet and petites. Still a little high priced.

Honored Contributor

Northstyle carries petites, but I haven't ordered from them because their shipping is OUTRAGEOUS.

Valued Contributor

Christopher and Banks