Trusted Contributor
I hate to iron,but in my mind,it is a necessary evil. My sister-in-law says it 's therapeutic and loves it. Huh? What about you?
Honored Contributor

Re: O/T do you like to iron?

Ironing doesn't bother me unless it's ironing something like linen. When I do iron, it tends to be several pieces at one time and the radio or tv is usually on. There is something therapeutic about it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

It doesn't bother me. I iron or steam just about everything I wear. I hate wrinkles.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with your sil....I do like to iron and find it relaxing. And I love the side benefit of always having something ready to wear...just hanging there in my closet. BUT, I do not iron the spouses cotton dress shirts. The cleaners do a much better job on his shirts than I do.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I love to iron. The circular motion, and sometimes a light touch and other times a harder touch eases the stress in my life. I pretend the wrinkles on the garment are the wrinkles of my life being smoothed out. Better than paying for therapy. Some weeks it is just ironing but others it does help. Better than cleaning the bathroom!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

Yes! I do enjoy ironing.

Occasional Contributor

NO!

Super Contributor

Hate it! Hate dragging out the ironing board and setting it up. Hate filling the iron with water. Hate when Ii'm 98% finished with hubby's dress shirts, I iron a big ole wrinkle right smack dab into the front of the shirt. Hate taking down the ironing board in hopes I don't pinch my fingers. Hate dumping water out of the iron for it to cool down. Yep, I hate it.

Valued Contributor

Yes...I like to iron. I like the end result Something great about freshly pressed clothes. But I send my hubbies shirts to the cleaners....

Trusted Contributor

Hate it!!