Respected Contributor

Good morning ladies! I am packed and headed north today; leaving work a couple hours early to surprise Beloved and be there for supper. As I don't like those kind of surprises, I will likely call him when I am an hour or half hour away.

DD moved out of her boyfriend's apartment yesterday. I was a little surprised but she was calm and efficient - typical little DD. Back to Gram's, where they are happy to have her.

No shopping for me - I've already bought enough new tops etc. I would like a new purse but I am so picky and haven't the patience to go hunt one down so it will have to come to me. Still trying to put money back for the Ball this November.

I did make blackberry cobbler last night and it is pretty delicious. I hope DH loves it too. I wanted to make peach too but I ran out of milk and it was late, so the peaches will keep.

What is everyone up to?

Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS TGIF!!

Hello All,

Thanks for starting us off Kathleen. I am fighting the heat and saw the Christmas in July scheduling morphing into August. Obviously, they must have enough interest from people to schedule but it doesn't really appeal to me.

I walked the dog this am. She was more in a running mood so it was short and sweet. I realized once I left the house that I forgot to spray bug repellent...another reason to keep it short.

I am glad to finally be back to my routine after the long weekend with family. I am enjoying the quiet. I cleaned house most of yesterday and didn't have a radio or tv on as I usually do. I just wanted that very quiet surrounding.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Gayle

Esteemed Contributor

RC, Have fun with your DH this weekend. I sympathize with you as you have had a very hot humid summer. We started into the Dog Days of Summer on Tuesday & each day is getting more humid & hotter. UGH! I am sure that DD's grandparents are happy to have her live with them again too. That blackberry cobbler sounds yummy.

We had a really nice time last night when one of our nieces, her DH & their 9 mo. old baby came for dinner. We hadn't seen them since Christmas so the baby had really changed a lot. The baby was so good. While we were eating she was crawling all over & exploring every nook & cranny. We have an open concept home, so she was in her glory.

They were telling us how their move to our hometown came about so quickly. They are very faithful in the Lord & He sure did make things happen quickly in their lives. The school psychologist at the school system where our niece's DH worked saw that he had resigned from the band director job in their hometown. He took the music position at our local HS. She said she would love to buy their home. Within 3 days they had their home sold & and an offer for a home here was approved.

Nothing exciting today here as it is too hot to think. Car show on the square tonight & DH might play ball later this evening. Lunch out will be the highlight.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Gayle, Sounds like you are getting hot weather like we are. Are you getting rain too? We got over 4"of rain yesterday & another inch early today. They are saying rain for the next few days & high humidity. UGH. CIJ doesn't do a thing for me in this type of winter either.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Shopaholics - are any of you fans of Old Navy? Do you shop the Old Navy site? I am asking because I ordered some cords from them and earned $40 in supercash, redeemable between 9/2 and 9/8 for purchases over $100. I can tell you conclusively that I will not be using the $40 in the allotted time.

I can post the code if anyone is interested.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Hi girls! Had a great time at the beach yesterday...it was so nice to be in the ocean again. From there I hit the pool...and the hot tub... Also did some more shopping (I'm shopped out!) and I'm not sure what we're doing today - the heat index is 111°. We have a dinner reservation at Fat Costanza's that has fabulous reviews, and might be playing mini golf in the evening.

We were going to go to Bubba Gump, but unlike the one in Kona that's so good and so popular, everyone here has told us this one is awful. Darn!

Hope you all have a blessed day!

Valued Contributor

Good afternoon! Rainy and humid here.

Part of my computer system is not working, ugh! Computers are great when working but when they aren't it truly cripples our office.

I used to love the CIJ shows, this year I can barely think about the Christmas, I know Gods' grace will carry me through, but I do dread it. Enough with the self pity.

No shopping on my agenda today.

Valued Contributor

Twinny,

No rain for over 2 weeks and when we get it, not too much unfortunately.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Kathleen. Glad you will be with your DH early today, and hope he likes the cobbler -- certainly looks good to me. Interesting about your DD -- glad your parents were happy to have her back.

Hi Gayle -- glad things are getting back to normal at your house. Sorry about those bugs -- I'm not a fan of flying insects to be sure.

Waves to twinny -- really sounds great about your niece and family. Glad the baby was so good last night. Sorry about your weather -- we are actually having cooler weather -- only got up in the 80's yesterday. It should be warmer today, and I don't think we are expecting rain. Hope not, since I sprayed for weeds this morning. I also pulled a bunch of them, but pulling weeds out of stones can be hard on my fingers.

I don't usually find anything that works for me at Old Navy bird mama, but I think some of our ladies may. Nice of you to be willing to share the code, etc.

Can't imagine you being shopped out Arlene. But, I'm glad you enjoyed the ocean, etc. I went to a Babba Gump's in Miami (this was many years ago), and it was pretty nice.

Sorry about your computer Rosa. I can certainly appreciate your not looking forward to Christmas this year. The first Christmas after my divorce (after a 35+ year marriage) wasn't the best. And, your loss was certainly much worse than mine. But, I'm sure you will get through it -- don't be afraid to reach out to family and friends at that time. I'm very happy that you are a woman of faith since I know that really helps.

Waves to Jean (working again), Marijane, Susan, LindaR, Karen, Sonya (Hoyt's birthday today? If so, please pass on my birthday wishes), Gina, Val, Nancy, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Thanks to all of you who commented on my Sedona pictures on FB. It is a beautiful place to be sure.

Really happy those IM jeans worked for you Marijane. I will need to take a closer look at them. I decided against the TSV boots because of the weather here (no need for boots) and my nervousness about trying a new brand.

The lunch yesterday was nice -- not so much for the food, but the company, and I made it to Curves. DH and I had a nice walk this morning, and I will probably go to Curves again this afternoon. I need to go to the grocery store for some produce, etc., and also to the storage room to put back the suitcases.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone! Well, we're in from a morning at the beach, and I had a great swim in the pool. Just got showered off and we're headed out in a little while; my friend is having a heck of a time finding a charm for her bracelet - no luck so far.

Linda, from what we've heard, most of the employees at this Bubba Gump quit after a new owner took over, and the food supposedly is very poor. I've gotten several bears as well as some frogs for my frog collection, some lovely jewelry and some nice gifts for friends, and a couple of nice hand-painted t-shirts. It's amazing how quickly it all adds up - I've spent about $400! {#emotions_dlg.scared} Today my friend decided to return the chair she bought - mine was $11 in Walmart, but she paid more for a larger one at CVS, and she's concerned about it holding her weight since the limit on it says 225 pounds so we'll be doing that in a bit. The Pancakery where we had brunch yesterday was so good, we're going back again tomorrow.

Rosa, I so understand what you're going through; I'm glad you have at least your son. I used to think that being widowed would be the worst thing in the world, but the Lord has been gracious and has not only seen me through, but blessed me abundantly. (Free vacation #7 that I'm on now since my husband died is proof of that!) He's there for you as well.

Well, we're headed out in a little while - see you later!