Esteemed Contributor

TSV - What is it with the toe of this boot?

I've noticed a lot of boots and shoes lately where the end of the toe sticks up more than usual. The TSV today is a boot that I would buy in one or two colors, except for that feature. I tried another boot from Earth Origins that did the same thing, and it just looked odd on my foot--kind of like an elf boot if it had a bell on the end! Other boot and shoe manufacturers are doing the same thing ... The recent Easy Street TSV slip-on shoe was like that, and I just don't get it. It stops me from buying an otherwise really cute boot or shoe.... does anyone else dislike this new toe design or do you just not notice it?

Trusted Contributor

Re: TSV - What is it with the toe of this boot?

I'm not crazy about the toe design either, but the deal breaker for me was the review about the grey ones....the suede is grey and the leather is brown...? If they were all grey, you could mix with so many colors.....adding the brown just ruins it for me. But obviously I'm in the minority because the grey is pretty much sold out.

Super Contributor

It's just like a lot of athletic shoes - called a rocker bottom. It helps your feet roll as you walk, less stress on your legs, a more natural walk instead of the sort of flat-footed walk you have to do in shoes with thick soles that don't bend easily.

Super Contributor

I have seen regular shoes with the same thing..the toe sticks

up and that looks very uncomfortable.

Respected Contributor

I understand what you are saying. I am a size 7 and I need that room for my big toe. It's just big. I know they will be comfortable on me. Some shoes and boots don't have the height in the toe area where I really need it. I ordered the almond and I thought the price was pretty good. Never tried the Earth brand though. We shall see.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered these today in the brown. The toe doesn't seem to bother me, at least in the pictures. I haven't watched any presentations though. I have to admit that the toe up a little appeals to the klutz in me. I've tripped over my own toe before {#emotions_dlg.huh} Uhh, maybe I shouldn't admit to that on a public board??? Maybe these will help us klutzes?

I also plan to wear these with bootcut jeans, not skirts or leggings. Maybe they will look like elf shoes? I'll be a very comfortable elf I hope Smiley Wink

Hey, I agree about the color. I might have considered multiple pairs if the navy and gray colors were all navy and all gray. I'm not interested in black or merlot.

KJPA
Esteemed Contributor

The gray is sold out anyway, but I wouldn't rely on one reviewer's color description. No mention was made of the gray being two-toned during sales presentations, so it could be that early purchaser's eyes saw taupe where others would say that's gray. I realize I'm splitting hairs, but just trying to be objective.

The boots aren't wowing me, but I do think they are cute for to wear with a casual outfit. I am looking for an inexpensive ankle/low heeled boot to add to my walking boots wardrobe, so I might purchase for that reason. The navy is appealing to me most because it's such an unusual color to see offered in boots.

Honored Contributor

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

On 8/21/2014 Bird mama said:

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Trusted Contributor

On 8/21/2014 Trix said:

The gray is sold out anyway, but I wouldn't rely on one reviewer's color description. No mention was made of the gray being two-toned during sales presentations, so it could be that early purchaser's eyes saw taupe where others would say that's gray. I realize I'm splitting hairs, but just trying to be objective.

The boots aren't wowing me, but I do think they are cute for to wear with a casual outfit. I am looking for an inexpensive ankle/low heeled boot to add to my walking boots wardrobe, so I might purchase for that reason. The navy is appealing to me most because it's such an unusual color to see offered in boots.

Trix, you are correct that we shouldn't rely on one review. But the TSV banner on QVC's main page sure looks like the navy suede is paired with dark brown leather. I think the one in the foreground is the gray with light brown leather.

Today's Special Value(R)

KJPA