Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics - ODAT - Wednesday

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Not too much going on here today, it is raining and raining a lot. Guess we have to pay for our nice weather we were getting. I have been up since 4:30 this morning, I hate when I can't sleep, this is going to be a very long day. Since I am up I am going to do my ironing, the rack is getting full.

No shopping for me today, I have a few items in the cart on the LandEnd site, but I think I will be going back and deleting the items. I really need to get all my fall and winter stuff out and see what I have first. I did a cleaning out of clothes at the end of last winter and I can not remember what I still have (this probably means I have enough stuff).

Well off to do something constructive, hope everyone has a great morning.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - ODAT - Wednesday

Good morning Susan! I have some ironing that I have been putting off for several days. It's just one top and Kyanne's bandannas. She's not spoiled at all, lol. So sorry you all seem to have the worst weather this summer. This time of year I ache for those cool fall mornings that we had in NY state this time of year.

Last night I vacuumed my car at home and got every dog hair out! Was so pleased with myself. Then I washed the car by hand (by scrub daddy lol) and it looks so pretty today! Got some sleep last night and made it to boot camp this morning, so I feel like I am ready to kill zombies and slay dragons again.

ETA I keep looking at some new things at VS but everytime I go to order the shipping fee stops me. $12 to ship 10 undies??? lol

Trusted Contributor

Kathleen - I understand about the dog, mine isn't too spoiled either. Good job on the car, can you come and do mine? I keep telling myself I am going to sweep it out every time I get in it. Sad part is, if I go to the carwash and do it, it would not take long. Guess I will have to make that my project next week.

I did get my ironing done, yeah me, so now it is off to sweep floors.

Keep on slaying those dragons and zombies, someone has to do it.

Have a good morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Thanks for gettting us started Susan. Sorry you woke up so early, but it sounds like you have been productive this morning. No rain this morning -- thank goodness. Too bad that we had so much yesterday and could not take our Jeep tour. Oh well..... I noticed that Jean drove quite a bit yesterday, and she made it fine. I'll take that as my inspiration for my driving today. Hopefully, the roads have cleared up after the flooding yesterday. That was really something! Hi Kathleen -- that shipping would put me off as well. I guess you need to figure out if the price is worth it when it includes shipping. I often find that it is not. DD's washer repairman didn't show up or call yesterday afternoon, and she is very frustrated. She is doing wash in the kitchen sink, but it isn't easy. I ended up shopping at Chico's yesterday, and actually buying a shirt. It was really just something to do to keep out of the rain. Definitely an impulse buy, but probably a better deal than buying a T-shirt or something. I found a T-shirt very similar to one that I purchased at a yard sale for $1 that was on sale for $20. The shirt I purchased is supposed to be no iron, and it is a lovely shade of blue. I tried on some ankle pants, and the length was good for me (like a regular pant), but I thought that the legs were a bit too full, etc. Good for you getting back into tracking your exercise and going to bootcamp Kathleen. Waves to Jean, Arlene, twinny, Marijane, LindaR, Rosa, Gina, Gayle, Sonya, Karen, Val, Nancy (hope Kendall has a wonderful semester abroad), Susan, and all of our posters and readers. Have a good day everyone! Hugs, Linda
Valued Contributor

Good morning, very humid and foggy here this morning.

Not too much going on, I plan on volunteering Saturday and then running some errands.

No shopping on my agenda, I am getting close to needing 2 eye pencils but am trying to hold out for a GWP at Belk.

Pretty calm here so far at work.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi gals, we are in the Dog Days of Summer. It started getting humid on Sunday & it is worse today. They are saying heat indecies around 100 starting tomorrow & going at least through Sunday.

Susan, We had bad thunderstorms Sunday night & got an inch of rain early yesterday morning. We needed it so it was a blessing for us.

What started out as a nice day yesterday, ended badly. DH & I took our friend to a nearby town (22 miles) away for lunch at that $1.00 senior citizen hunting lodge. The meal was good as it was a bar b cue & chips. On the way to lunch our friend had mentioned that he ha been having headaches. As soon as we had lunch & we were heading to JCP for me & Menard's for the guys, he got a real bad migraine. We came home as quickly as we could. DH dropped me off our home & took him to his place nearby so he could get his insurance cards etc. As soon as DH was driving with our friend across the 4 lane hwy (not a busy hwy), he said he had to throw up. DH hurried across the hwy & before the friend could get the window or door open he threw up everywhere in our Kia. DH then took him back home to change his clothes & wash the floor mats, dashboard, side door panel etc. They went to the ER where DH had to wait over 2 hours & still wasn't told anything, so he told the nurse to call him when our DF could be discharged. DF did call about 4 hours later for a ride home. After much testing & lab work nothing could be found. Good thing I had Clorox wipes as I had to clean most of the front end inside of the car & also the windshield.

Today it will be real hot so I am making a peach jello/mountain dew salad with baby oranges & red grapes. I am also making a strawberry/rhubarb pie for our dinner party tomorrow night with one of our nieces, her DH & baby. DH & I are excited as they moved to our hometown two weeks ago. The move was a huge surprise for us as they bought a lovely home 3 years ago & said they never wanted to move. Our niece is a professional musician & got a job in our hometown 1 1/2 years ago at a recording video etc. studio. She loves her job but hated the commute of about 45 minutes each way. Her DH is also a professional musician & was the band teacher/choral director at their local HS. Our choral director in our hometown retired this spring & he applied for the job & got it.

I need to wash the floors today as it will be hotter tomorrow. A/C will be running full steam ahead for the rest of the week I think. I have been contemplating what I will serve tomorrow night as it will be so hot. I have decided to make spaghetti with a meatball sauce that I can put into the microwave & then I will just have to cook the spaghetti & put some garlic bread into the oven.

LL, I am glad that those heavy rains have stopped. Hopefully you will still get some quality time in the Sedona area.

Rosa, we had fog on Sunday. We don't usually ever get fog this time of year. Usually in November when it is getting colder.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

LindaL: I saw the news reports on the rain. Safe travels home.

I had a medical apt. in the city yesterday. They had changed the parking garage protocol since my last visit. Now you pay your ticket via a kiosk and then insert your ticket to get out. I had a validated ticket but it still wasn't completely smooth leaving---I guess cheaper than paying humans although there was a person in the booth---not that I saw him move!!

A friend posted on FB that his beloved dog had passed. He recently lost his last sibling. We had worked together years ago and I saw his son grow up.

No shopping for me---I have been going through stuff and discovering forgotten items! A sure sign of ""too much"" stuff.

Trusted Contributor

Twinny2 - I am sure your friend felt bad about what happened (note to self - Keep plastic grocery bags in car). I do hope your friend feels better. It was also very nice of you both to take such good care of him, I am sure he appreciates that.

LindaL - Enjoy your Jeep tour, it sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Have safe travels.

Rosa - You have to love GWP. Have fun on Saturday.

LindaR - Don't you just hate when they sit there and not even offer to help. In the larger city near us they have gone to the parking fees like yours. Don't you just love when you "discover new items" at the house. I have a small pile I pulled out in the spring to wear this summer - haven't touched the stuff yet - think it is getting donated.

Well off to get some caffeine and do another constructive project. Have a good afternoon everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, I had just put a big bag of plastic bags in the back seat to take to one of our grocery stores on Friday to be recycled. The problem was that our friend didn't say anything about being sick until my DH was just going across the 4 lane hwy. No time to grab anything at that point.

DH went to see our friend this morning. Our friend said he didn't have any food in the house & that he hadn't eaten breakfast yet. This was at 11:00 a.m. I think he hasn't been eating properly since his wife passed away in March. They went & got some groceries & had a nice lunch out together. Hopefully he will be on the mend soon. DF has one daughter, but she is of little help as she has problems herself. I truly miss his dear wife as we did lots of things together. She kind of made sure that he took medicine when he should etc. I know he is still mourning the death of his dad last August, his mom in Sept. & then his wife March of this year.

It is getting hotter by the minute.

Valued Contributor

Hello,

Still trying to resume my schedule. Today I went and had my hair done. I usually go to the same lady but today she really did a great job.

I buy on a regular basis from CVS.com. When I receive my order, there is a survey code that once completed allows for an additional 30% off. It really is a good deal but today I realized that I could have been combining with additional codes. Most stores don't allow combining promotional codes. Frankly, I just assumed and never tried it. Of course, even with the savings I am kicking myself that I didn't get on to this earlier. On the other hand, I know now LOL.

I hope everyone has a good day. I looked in the spare room where I keep my fall clothes. It is fun to peak but since it is still over 100 degrees I am just hopeful I can wear these clothes soon but it will still be October before that happens.

Everyone, have a great day! Gayle