Honored Contributor

What to wear for a L-O-N-G plane trip

I'm not used to these any more. I'm OK for short ones, but this one's 9 hours. I want to be comfortable, and I have to hit the ground running, looking casual but professional when I get there. I won't have time to change. Any ideas? Smile

Honored Contributor

Re: What to wear for a L-O-N-G plane trip

On long flights I like to wear my Slinky pants with pockets and a similar--poly and spandex--top. It's stretchy and does not wrinkle. Not sure what corresponds on the Q, they have so many different fabrics.

Make sure you wear socks, it can get cold on the plane, and a sweater/jacket again in a stretchy material. Bon voyage!!

Super Contributor

I travel a lot for work so understand the challenge if professional yet comfortable. I typically wear a ponte type knit fabric suit and a Brooks Brothers shirt (no wrinkle and THE best!). A knit dress is also super comfortable and looks pulled together with a scarf or a great necklace. Safe travels!
Honored Contributor

A nice pant suit. Not the kind Hillary Clinton wears. {#emotions_dlg.blink}Something more snazzy, up to date & casual. STAY AWAY FROM LINEN. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Wear flats

ALWAYS wear socks or footies to an airport. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} You will need to remove your shoes for the security check. The floors are not only cold but filthy with germs & cooties from all over the globe. I cringe every time I see some one walking around in the security area barefooted. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

"I won't have time to change. Any ideas?"

After coming off a 9 hour flight, I am quite sure the folks you are going to see will excuse you if you are late. Some airports have bathrooms that are equipped with the necessities to "freshen up" and changing clothes. After 9 hours in tight quarters, you WILL need to "freshen up." {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I would think you'd need to be especially mindful of the shoes you choose to wear because you will be walking through airports.

I don't travel for work but the last time DH and I flew, there were a couple of women in dresses walking through the airport. Both of them had on sky high heels, totally impractical and the one slid across the floor twice walking to the concourse.

Super Contributor

Having traveled to Australia several times comfort is the thing ! Anything stretchy is the ticket and do take something warm to put around your shoulders. If you feel you would like to change before landing take one of S.Graver's liquid knit tops in your handbag to change into.

Honored Contributor

Depends?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

On 8/19/2014 Desertdi said:

Depends?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I would probably wear knit pants, a cardigan, and a tank or a shell - you'll look nice, pulled together, and be comfortable.

You can always put a pair of shoes and some jewelry in a carry on to change into after you get off the plane.

Esteemed Contributor

I always wear socks and easily removed shoes. I am a Sketchers kind of gal.... easy wear and comfy. I wear slacks, stretchy and an elastic waist. I wear a easy care long top. And then for storage I wear a vest with pockets. Everything I need is right on ME. I take a carry on bag that goes under the seat... always a Vera Bradley travel bag of some sorts. I want everything I could ever want near me. I don't like reaching up and fishing out a bag from the overhead bins. My Kindle and phone are in my pockets as well as a pad of paper and a pen. Most of the time I am a happy traveler. My pet peeve is someone in front of me leaning way back and crowding the little space I have.