Honored Contributor

Color Psychology: What Do Your Clothes Say About You?

Interesting... Cool

Most of us are drawn to certain colors. Take a look in your wardrobe and you’ll likely see a trend.

Does it just mean that we like certain colors? That we know what works best with our skin tone? Or is there something deeper?

The colors you choose to wear can tell a lot about your personality. Think about the 2-3 colors you wear most often, and see what personality traits the world of psychology says you possess.

Color Psychology: Find Out What Your Clothes Say About You
*sources: Psychology Today and Women's Health
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Color Psychology: What Do Your Clothes Say About You?

When I was working I wore a lot of black I did own two red suits and wore them when I wanted to empower. Now that I know what the colors say I feel pretty good about my choices.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

My worn-out clothes say "I'm poor." {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Anyway, the color scheme is mostly black, with some purple, some blue and some green thrown in...and most of what's said above applies...although I wouldn't say I'm "serene."

The fact that red, orange, yellow and pink don't play much of a role in my wardrobe--given the listed attributes--makes sense as well.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

On 8/19/2014 mistriTsquirrel said:

My worn-out clothes say "I'm poor." {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Anyway, the color scheme is mostly black, with some purple, some blue and some green thrown in...and most of what's said above applies...although I wouldn't say I'm "serene."

The fact that red, orange, yellow and pink don't play much of a role in my wardrobe--given the listed attributes--makes sense as well.

But this post says "you're finally BACK"... missed you, Squirrel Babe; hope you're OK. Kiss

At least our worn-out clothes are usually comfortable, & eventually can become "chillin' at my crib" clothes in the future.

Hey, here's the two of us "owning it". Cool

squirrels-and-cats.jpg (445×261)

Super Contributor

I've worn primarily earthtones and black most of my life with some red and blues in the mix. That's because I thought I looked best in these colors. I would never wear yellow, orange or bright colors. I refused to wear prints unless they were very subdued. I now wear all colors and prints. I have no central color and I like it. It might have something to do with having no filter as I get older (and I like it). {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

Personally, I don't buy it. This looks more like something a magazine writer would pull together, putting a positive spin on whatever choice people might make. I wear lots of black because it's easy and it generally flatters me and lots of blue and green, again because I know those colors work well on me, but I also have snippets of other colors in my wardrobe. I certainly don't think I possess the best characteristics implied by all these colors choices!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I wear what looks good on my skin tone and is the most slimming...which is lots of black & jewel tones.

Respected Contributor

I wear black often, but have many other colors in my closet that I wear. It's all a personal choice.

Esteemed Contributor

I like having choices. Many color choices. I have the basic colors but I pair them with whatever I am in the mood for on a single day.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

My color -- green-- so aptly describes my character that it's scary.