Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, 8/18)

Good morning, shopping friends. I'm in a procrastination mood but perhaps an infusion of another cup of coffee will change that. We're expecting severe thunderstorms today so that adds to the inclination to be lazy.

I did see the TSV launch at Midnight. I looked at the garment measurements of it and it doesn't seem to be typical of most pants I wear in my size. I did read that one person said if one were "hippy," it would be good to size up...and that is my inclination if I were to order. The problem is that right now I don't need anything in this style. I noted IM said at one point that they had a fit like shape wear. I guess I will be passing but I know many will enjoy the TSV.

I'll be getting up early tomorrow morning to make a three-hour trip to Columbus, Ohio. Hopefully, I can sleep better tonight than I did last night. Yesterday, a friend and I went to the city where we met another friend and had a late lunch/early dinner at the Olive Garden. I ate too much but it was so good. I also had my nails done but did no shopping.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

/></p>

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, 8/18)

Good morning!

Kona I was in Charleston on Saturday, my GF and I had tickets to antique roadshow, we will not be retiring any time soon! We each got 2 items apraised. It is run like a well oiled machine, unless you have something amazing, you get a very quick and general appraisal. We were in and out in a little over 90 minutes. There was a 250,000$ painting discovered. We then went to the Town Center for some shopping and lunch. We ate at the Tidewater Grill, very good.

Today is my Birthday, I always get to work first and when I got here, my desk and work area is all decorated. This gesture means alot to me as it is my first Birthday with out DH.

I like the TSV but have no need for this length. I do need to replace my gray and brown pants soon.

Esteemed Contributor

Rosa--Congratulations upon your birthday. Your co-workers are very thoughtful; what a nice way to have your day remembered. I live 78 miles from Charleston and used to go there at least every two weeks when I worked. Now, it seems I am there only when going to the airport. The Tidewater used to be a very good restaurant but it has been a long time since I have been there. It has been a year since I've been in the Town Center. It is just easier to go to the city mall 65 miles away. The antique roadshow sounds like a neat experience.

Susan--I see we are located in the area in which weather people expect a 71% increase in precipitation as the new "norm" as expected precipitation. This might be true as each day this week, we are having storms and flood warnings in some areas:

http://www.weather.com/news/science/detroit-long-island-baltimore-flood-record-rain-wetter-future-2...

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Rosa: Happy birthday to you!!!!!! Very sweet of your co-workers.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Birthday Rosa. That was very sweet of your co-workers. Hi Jean -- thanks for getting us started. Have a good day everyone! Hugs, Linda
Frequent Contributor

Good morning ladies, and a very happy birthday to you, Rosa. Sounds like you had a fun weekend! It's the beginning of DH's birthday week (lol), so we're going shooting this afternoon after lunch. Then he has a dinner meeting down at a favorite bbq place. Not a bad start, especially since he's on call all week and at least doesn't have to work today.

Regarding DH's BIL, they took him off life support yesterday, fully expecting him to stop breathing. However, he started coughing and trying to raise his right arm. I haven't heard anything yet today, and I have no idea how his mind has been affected by the stroke, but who knows? Thanks for all the prayers. I know my SIL can sure use them!

Glad you had fun with friends yesterday, Jean. We ate lunch at church yesterday with a few friends before band practice, and then DH and I stayed and practiced some of our rock music. He LOVES practicing, so that made his day. When we finally got home, I prepared a whole box of Colorado peaches for freezing. Fun, fun.

Hope you all have a great day!

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, this looks like a rainy week for a lot of us. They have been predicting rain for us since last Friday, but so far nothing has developed. It is foggy here today with rain in the forecast for tonight & tomorrow. They say we could get severe storms tonight. I hope you have a good day in Columbus tomorrow.

Rosa, that antique roadshow looks interesting on TV. Happy Birthday to you. How nice of your coworkers to decorate your work area for you.

LH, I hope your DH has a fun birthday week. That bbq place sounds good too. Prayers for your DH's BIL & your SIL. One of my BFF's ordered 125# of peaches from their local farm bureau. They are getting them today, so she will be busy taking care of them. Her DD & another friend get some, but she has ordered the majority of them. Peaches. YUM! YUM! I love peach/rhubarb pie too,

Nothing going on exciting around here today. DH called the plumber this morning to check out his toilet as it is getting hard to flush. My bathroom toilet sometimes refuses to quit running, so it will be a plumbing day around here. UGH.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Just called to work; now for one on my infamous 20 minute ""get ready"" jobs.

Valued Contributor

Hello,

Happy birthday Rosa! Shortly, off to lunch and the movies. Last day of family in town. I am really ready for my regular schedule.

Everyone, have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Happy happy happy birthday Rosa!!! How sweet of your coworkers - that makes me so happy that they are treating you so well. The Roadshow sounds like fun too. I'm glad you are having some fun with friends.

Jean, enjoy your work today. I'm sure you can throw something together and quickly get out the door.

Sonya those peaches sound good. I bought some this weekend and need to try them out tonight. Happy birthday DH!! And prayers for DH's BIL.

Gayle, enjoy your day and the movie! It will be nice to get back to your regularly scheduled programming. Today is the first day of school and I am so happy once things get running smoothly again.

Just checking in to say hello. Yesterday I picked up a couple things at the 2 most busiest places in our neighboring (college - freshmen weekend) town. Then stopped at Roadhouse and ordered at the bar thinking it would be quicker. It was awful.