Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Just got back from breakfast, so I am good until supper.

No TSV for me today, I keep thinking I would like one of those for smoothies (I always think I am going to start drinking them), but I am just too lazy to put everything together to make them. Oh well, money saved.

Gina - Good job on the weight loss.

Jean - That was a very nice thing your former student said. Guess it make it worth going to work.

Kathleen- We are not going to have the "Dog Days of Summer" here this year.

LindaL - When do you head for Sedona, you will have to let us know how it goes. I would love to go back there and see it again, last time we went it was not good timing with the wild fires.

Not much going on here today, I have a couple things to pick up at the store and that is about it. It was raining this morning, but the sun has snuck out for a while. The weather man said it was going to sunny and warm today, I think he missed.

Well off to do a few things, hope everyone has a great morning.

Super Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Sunday

Morning ladies! Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss but I'm disappointed. Only 3 pounds in 3 weeks but I guess its something. I am headed back to the gym. Kathleen to answer your question nope never had plum jam. It sounds interesting! It was rainy here this morning but now its turned into a decent day. I am really excited my favorite cousin on my Dads side is coming in from Florida with his family on Wed for my Grandfathers birthday on Saturday. I am going to see him on Thursday when we go to my Aunts house for dinner. I cant wait I haven't seen him since October. My Grandfather is going to be 98. I hope I have his genes. I'm off to the gym and have a wonderful day ladies!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! No time to post much, but I wanted to say hello. Seems like only yesterday when I ordered my Vitamix TSV. The model today is more powerful and expensive, but I am perfectly happy with the one I have.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon Ladies......it's a pretty nice day here in the 70's and sunny. We have also skipped the Dog days of summer this year according to our local weatherman. I think fall is pushing in,a bit early, as I see some leaves starting to turn.

Gina three pounds is great,keep up the good work. Congrats to you. Happy Birthday to your GF..98 wow! Have a great time with your family this coming week.

LindaL not sure when you are leaving but have a great time I bet the change will be good for you and your DH.

Not too much going on here,ran to the store this morning,not too crowded,people still are away,there is another week before school starts here.

Yanks are coming on now so I will be watching them......have a nice day everyone,Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, After church today DH & I had breakfast for lunch at a local restaurant. No TSV for me either. I like the blender that I got from the Q probably 10 years ago. They have been calling for rain here since Friday. Still nothing. Now they say tomorrow. We do need it again too.

Gina, Have fun with your favorite cousin. 98 years is something special to celebrate. Have fun at the gym, & 3 pounds is better than nothing.

Marijane, I think we will be getting the dog days of summer this week. They are saying humid & upper 80's by Thursday. I do hope for nice weather on the East Coast when DH & I are out here. We would love beach weather every day.

It is cloudy here today & getting humid. After several weeks of 70's I am bracing myself for heat & humidity again. DH & I will be watching the Brewer's soon. DH also likes to watch the Red Sox. I have gotten lots of tomatoes from my six plants. Right now I am boiling some water to blanch them so that I can chop them up & put them into quart size freezer containers. Exciting day I know.

RC, you are so right about being glad that we have health insurance. I hope that your DH's bill from his surgery will not be real high for you.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! Thankfully it's a hot day, so I'll be headed out to my pool while I can. I also need to drag out my luggage and start packing; I've made a list of what I want to take.

I'm starting to have second thoughts about this trip. I checked the reviews for the various restaurants in the area, looking for places that both have good food and also are reasonably priced - many seem to be very expensive. I sent my friend a list of the ones that sound interesting, just as recommendations (I don't want to go into a restaurant and find out that the cheapest thing on the menu is $30, as is the case with many places there), but did say I want to go to Bubba Gump. Well, she wrote back and said it sounds like I'm planning the entire vacation and she doesn't like to be told what to do or where to eat! One thing we're agreed on is there's no point in eating at chain restaurants that we have locally - we can go to them any time. Then, speaking of "planning the entire vacation," she informed me that she doesn't want to shop, snorkel, kayak, or go anywhere - just sit on the beach all day. Wow, what fun! (NOT!) I have no patience to just sit outside in the heat; it's her car, so I may end up just having her drop me off downtown at least one day and pick me up on her way back to the condo, and hopefully I'll be able to do some walking around the beach area on the days I'm stuck there with her. Next time I take a trip, I think I'll go alone - that way I can do the things I want to do! (I don't have a problem with taking turns on choosing, but sure don't want someone telling me that I MUST do everything she wants to do.) If I didn't need a break from the critters so badly, I'd forget about the whole thing and just stay home.

Jean, I'm amazing you have a good LG phone - I had two, and couldn't get rid of either one fast enough. In fact, there's a FB page called F--- LG, started by someone else who's had many problems with them, and I'm putting out feelers there about starting a class action against them.

A Vitamix is tempting, but I have a Ninja that I rarely use. I also had the idea of making smoothies, Susan, but I too just never have the patience to gather everything together to make them. When I was going through the basement I found a Magic Bullet type thing that I had gotten from QVC years ago, and totally forgot I had - it was still in the box it came in; I need to stop getting all these "kitchen toys," as few actually ever get used. I haven't used my Yonanas in two years!

Guess I'd better get a move on - have a blessed day, everyone!

Super Contributor

Good evening ladies! Cant believe the day is over already. Sigh back to work tomorrow. Thanks for encouragement with my weight loss. I'm not gonna stop trying and thanks about my Grandfather too. Would you believe he still drives back and forth from Pennsylvania to New York?