New Contributor

Cruisewear suggestions from QVC

Heading out on another cruise in 4 weeks and I've been searching through the fashions on QVC for 2 formal nights. I already white and black trousers so I'm looking specifically for tops, jackets, etc - any recommendations?

Honored Contributor

Re: Cruisewear suggestions from QVC

What size do you need and how much do you want to spend per item?

Esteemed Contributor

Where are you going? May be different recommendations for an Alaska cruise versus Caribbean.

I personally was looking at A255977 for an upcoming cruise. Not very formal, but thought it could work for that and be comfortable. I also have A235080, which is on clearance. I have red, which I used for a holiday party. I liked it, but you need to wear something underneath, that is not included. Gray may work for you.

Honored Contributor

Check out Bob Mackie. I have numerous tops that comprise my cruise wardrobe, all worn with his wide-leg black pants.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I would suggest a sequin top which always looks nice in pictures or even a basic black dress but a Joan Rivers Statement Necklace which also can make an all black outfit look dressy.

Respected Contributor

A237079 JR sequin jacket. It comes in three different colors. I think one is silver/black and would go with both black and white pants. Toss on a simple tank underneath.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

A238537. LInea Extended Shoulder V Neck Sequined Top,available in Black Red and Lapis Blue. I own it in black and red. One of the best purchases I ever made from QVC.
Honored Contributor

Enjoy your cruise! Where are you going? I'm going on a river cruise with extended family in a few weeks to France....Provence then up to Paris.

I plan on bringing some slim knit pants, lightweight cardigans, tanks, short & 3/4 sleeve tops (in case it's cool), sandals, nice leather walking shoes and some pieces to wear to dinner. I'll just bring some inexpensive sparkly jewelry and a dressy clutch but since there won't be a formal night no need for something very dressy.

Now if I were going on a Caribbean cruise I would be bringing a different wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

All depends on your style

A251472 Edge by Jen Rade Silk Blend & Lace Maxi Dress with Self Belt

A23761 Heart Bob Mackie's Elastic Waist Knee Length Sequin Panel Skirt
Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

On 8/17/2014 haddon9 said:

Enjoy your cruise! Where are you going? I'm going on a river cruise with extended family in a few weeks to France....Provence then up to Paris.

I plan on bringing some slim knit pants, lightweight cardigans, tanks, short & 3/4 sleeve tops (in case it's cool), sandals, nice leather walking shoes and some pieces to wear to dinner. I'll just bring some inexpensive sparkly jewelry and a dressy clutch but since there won't be a formal night no need for something very dressy.

Now if I were going on a Caribbean cruise I would be bringing a different wardrobe.

haddon 9, we've taken a Saône and Rhône Rivers cruise that started in Avignon and ended in Paris. We did it in late September and the weather was beautiful.

I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did.