Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 8/16)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day for a pleasant break with temperatures far below normal. I hope this isn't a warning about what Winter will bring.

I am watching "beauty day" while doing odds and ends. I'll likely get the customer choice discovery kit for travel as I use some of those products and will try the others. I just showered and WEN'ed my hair so the day is off to a decent start.

When I was in the city, I went to WalMart. At that point, I got a text while walking through one of the traffic aisles. I dropped the phone which landed by a car backing out. Remember the old Timex commercial in which the watch keeps on ticking? Believe it or not, that cell is still working well. It just has a scratched screen but I can live with that as it isn't that noticeable. I'm one of those who uses a triple minute Tracfone so I'm starting year 3 with this phone. My minutes seem to last forever as I primarily text.

Today, I'll be relaxing some but will do some sorting and thinking about what to take on the trip. I'm ready to go now as a change in scenery is a nice pace. September 2 will before I realize it. especially now that school is back in session.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

/></p>

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 8/16)

Good morning Ladies thanks for starting Jean. it's a sunny day here too but this morning was chilly,more like the middle of Sept. Maybe we have come full circle as far as weather goes....crummy winter..summer...so it's over....next should be pretty good winter.....I can hope can't I? I also ordered that beauty tube...I can use everything in there..never tried the Wen though. I also ordered 3 pairs of the upcoming IM S/v....his 24/7 stretch pants....I really like them...they are a little "dressier" than the D&C ones..which I have also. Karen hope you have a great time down in Cape May...we usually go to Stone Harbor which I think is the town before...it's also a quiet place. LindaL have a great trip to Sedona...happy that you did decide to go. How far is it from you? I have never been by my DH has and says it is beautiful. Sonya hope your Mom is doing better and prayers go out for your DH BIL. Kathleen I imagine you and you DH are having a great birthday weekend together. Not much going on here....maybe that's a good thing. Yanks are on this afternoon. Have a nice afternoon everyone.....Marijane
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

The saga continues. Please wish me luck, family meeting today. Gayle

Respected Contributor

Gayle: Hugs---hope your meeting goes better than expected.

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--Enjoy the IM pants. I don't know what they are but I'll look forward to seeing them presented. I haven't bit the bullet yet on that customer choice set. There is also a big one on 5 EP which has full size items.

Gayle--I don't envy your situation and I know that you dread the family event. Hopefully. it will go better than expected. I still think your mom really misled you thus getting up your hopes.

Linda--I hope the trip to Sedona goes well. I am also glad that you decided to go. It will be a pleasant diversion and something you had looked forward to doing.

I have a neat experience. I had an individual ask to be my friend on Facebook. At first, I didn't recognize the individual as he had changed so much over the years, along with a slight name change. When a student, he came from a family who just existed and had little motivation which was a shame as they were all super intelligent. I know I talked with him often when a student. He looked "nerdish" at the time. etc. and wasn't overly accepted. Said individual looks fantastic now and is a computer and software "genius." He works for ZDNet and is a technology consultant for CBS. He also writes articles for various technology journals. He stated his brother had gone the almost criminal route and thanked me for giving him some incentive to seek something different than what the family experienced.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Oh what a sweet story. One never knows how we impact others. My aunt was a much loved kindergarten teacher. Sadly in her later years she dealt with alzheimers. Teachers and nurses are special people.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean. I haven't looked at any of the beauty items yet, maybe I'll check out the item you and Marijane ordered. But, I doubt that I'll be buying since I have quite a stock of beauty items already. Thanks for your good wishes about the trip to Sedona. It is a beautiful place Marijane -- I would recommend it. Not too far from here -- about 250 miles, but I will be taking it slow.

That is amazing about your phone Jean -- glad you are getting so much use out of it. Wonderful story about your former student.

I'll need to look at those IM pants Marijane. I have never purchased any of his things, but these may be a start.

Hugs and prayers going out to your Mom and Hoyt's BIL Sonya. Glad you were able to be there for your Mom.

Really hope things go better than expected Gayle. Fingers crossed for you.

Hi LindaR -- yes, teachers and nurses are very special people. Hope your weather is okay.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Karen, Susan, twinny, Rosa, Gina, Nancy, Val, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

I have my regular laundry and financial stuff to do today. College DGS starts school next Monday, and his books (including a computer program) cost nearly $500. Yikes!

My lawyer called yesterday and said the other driver had the minimum insurance he could have in Arizona (not much), and some people in his car were also filing claims for injuries. He's not sure, but my "share" will probably be very little. He said it was a good thing I had the underinsured motorist coverage.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

That was a great story Jean...we never know what we may do or say will impact another persons lives. The IM special value are his ankle pants...I have his crops and boot leg ones and really like them. I did not notice the other beauty tube I'll go back and look. The only Wen I have used and like is his mousse.

Gayle thinking of you today and hoping things go better than what you expect.. Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Books are outrageous. There was a report on the news last night about how much it cost for a student to return to public school, especially with many places now having fees for students to participate in extra-curricular activities. It really pays to be insured to as much as possible now as too many carry the minimum insurance which doesn't go far when claims are filed.

Marijane---I haven't decided on the "customer choice" options or not at all. IM's ankle pants might be a great choice depending upon the length; they might be more like regular on me unless offered in petite.

LindaR--Thank you for the comment. I'm sure your aunt impacted many, but it is sad when such an individual loses their cognitive abilities;

It is now Kindle time and time for me to finish a novel. Then I'll see what else I can discover to do. I can't do "fun" stuff non-stop.

Trusted Contributor

Jean the regular length of these ankle pants are 28 inches...they have the petites too but I didn't look up that length. I usually wear a 30 inch inseam on bootcut and straight leg pants.