Valued Contributor

What to wear with a blue jean jacket?

I just bought a blue jean jacket and was wondering what kind of pants (material and color) would be appropriate to wear with it. I've heard that one shouldn't wear pair a jean jacket with blue jeans (I don't even own a pair anyway), so I wanted to see what other kind of pants were OK. Has to be pants--I never wear dresses or skirts--so would regular polyester pants (yes, I said polyester!) be all right? By the way, my cousin is going to embroider a horse onto the back of this jacket if that makes a difference in what pants to wear. Thanks for any advice to someone who is so fashionably impaired.

Valued Contributor

Re: What to wear with a blue jean jacket?

You can wear a jean jacket with jeans if the two denims are of different colors. Light jeans with a dark jean jacket and dark jean jacket with light jeans.

Honored Contributor

Just think of it as jeans for your top half. Whatever you would pair with jeans, you can pair with a denim jacket.

I personally would not do head to toe denim in the same wash (the Texas Tuxedo, as Jayne calls it), but you could do a colored denim on one half and blue jean denim on another.

Super Contributor

I own a cheap dark denim jacket that I wear frequently with casual skirts, casual dresses, casual cotton pants. I just wore it the other day with my berry colored khaki pants and a sweater. There are no rules in fashion wear what makes you happy as life is too short. I hope you enjoy wearing your denim jacket.

Valued Contributor

If the embroidery thread has a chestnut color in it; why not a chestnut colored denim. I would try and pick up a color in the horse your cousin embroiders.

I wear my WWC bootleg leggings with my denim jackets/and a long top ( I couldn't care less if it matches or not) LOL! That's just me

Enjoy your new jacket!

Honored Contributor

You can wear a denim jacket with anything these days. Denim has become a staple in today's fashion. Some people even will put one with a coctail dress. Wear yours with poly pants, cotton pants of any type and color, as well as corduroy, or wool. These jackets especially look great worn with a crisp shirt, although, any top will work.

Esteemed Contributor

I just wore mineLinea by Louis DellOlio Cotton Sateen Ankle Pants the other day with a pair of Linea tan pants ... A254640. I'm petite, so they are regular pants on me.

Super Contributor

I like white jeggings and maxi dresses.

Honored Contributor

I wear denim jackets with jeans all the time. I have 2 denim jackets - one is a Delta Burke from QVc so you know how old it is - it is faded to almost white and the other is a pink one from Blaine trump - also many years old - with embroidery around the yoke.I usually wear that one with dresses.

Valued Contributor

I am not a fan of denim jacket with blue jeans for me. I like wearing my dresses and skirts and pants that are not a blue jean. I have several pants in other colors. I go for the green, white, gray, red, khaki and that sort of thing with mine. I also have a denim vest with patches on the back and wear that the same way. I also like it with capris too.

Just my personal preference is all and I see some where blue on blue.