Esteemed Contributor

When I purchase new clothes I donate the clothes I no longer wear...They are always like new as I am purchasing frequently....

Recently I have been giving my clothes to a woman who is from a church that the people are poor...and she said they really could use larger womens clothes....well that's me for sure...lol

Anyway today I was told that they gave several of my tops to a lady who is elderly and walks hunched over with a walker...she also never left her home....since she has received the tops she now walks a little straighter..she goes out for walks... and is attending church...she is so happy that she had nice clothes to wear....

That just made my day...I am so happy that I have put a smile on her face and gave her the will to go out to church once again....No, I do not know who she is....and that's okay...

Respected Contributor

Re: Here is a Feel Good Story

What a sweet story!

Esteemed Contributor

We donate a lot of clothes to Goodwill and I always wonder where they end up -- who bought them, did they wear them, etc. It is nice to know when your donations are appreciated.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

That is awesome! I get so attached to my clothes - and always like to think that someone who ""loves it"" is wearing it. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Smiling{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} here today while reading this. What a blessing you are to many people clothes, confidence, and smiles!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

You've done a good thing Circles. You are a blessing.

Valued Contributor

I always hope my things go to someone who needs them. I'm glad you have seen someone benefit.

Respected Contributor

Awww, that's so nice! It's so rare for anyone who donates their gently used clothing to actually know where the garment wind up, or how much of a difference they may make to someone. Now every time I donate something, I'll remember this story. Thanks for sharing!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Contributor

This story makes me so happy. Thank you!
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks everyone.....

I have donated for years..but it always went to an agency...usually the Lupus Organization or the Veterans Administration....which ever one calls me first...saying they would have a donation truck in my area...and, of course, I never knew who received them...

I, too, wondered if my garments went to someone who truly needed them....so todays call made me so happy....I have had a smile on my face all day....