Valued Contributor

UPS....can't believe what they did!!

I ordered something from the Q & they shipped, it came into my town early this morning, UPS scanned it, THEN they sent it to another town!! About 100 miles away!! Now by the time they find the package, send it back, I wont get it till next week! That is if they find it!! Geez who do they hire in these places. Lets see, the address is in the town you are in, about 2 miles from where you are standing, & you send it to another town 100 miles away!! What idiots!!

Valued Contributor

Re: UPS....can't believe what they did!!

I had that happen recently, too. Mistakes happen, but why someone would look at a package and make the decision to re-route it is beyond me.

Esteemed Contributor

The same thing happened to me twice ... I did get the items I ordered but, they were delayed.
Honored Contributor

That's totally ridiculous. Hope it finds it's way to your house. UPS has been delivering my packages that were shipped Sure Post that normally get transferred to USPS for delivery.

Respected Contributor

When I lived in New Mexico I sometimes had a pkg held because it did not have international shipping stickers

Valued Contributor

On 8/14/2014 ennui_too said:
On 8/14/2014 henny said:

What idiots!!

Maybe they know who you are and they don't like you.

That wasn't very nice thing to say. I have never ever been rude or mean to them. Or to anyone on here.

Super Contributor

Call the 800 number and file a complaint against that specific center in your town.

Super Contributor

Mistakes are made. Sorting is done by electronic scanners mostly up until it's put on the conveyor belt at the local center to be loaded on the trucks. It's unfortunate that out of the thousands of boxes that move through the center in your town daily your box was the one that got mis-routed today.

Super Contributor

On 8/14/2014 henny said:
On 8/14/2014 ennui_too said:
On 8/14/2014 henny said:

What idiots!!

Maybe they know who you are and they don't like you.

That wasn't very nice thing to say. I have never ever been rude or mean to them. Or to anyone on here.

You called them ""idiots"" in a public forum. It was a simple mistake.

Respected Contributor

This exact thing happened to me several weeks ago - arrived in my town and instead of out for delivery, it went far west to CO, then NE, and then I called and it arrived in a few days. Fortunately I didn't need it right away, but it was weird watching it travel the country via tracking at UPS.