Valued Contributor

Putting zippers in unexpected places on clothing . . . do you like the look ?

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't say this is an unexpected place, but I have two SG motorcycle jackets in faux leather that I love. Bought them about two years ago. I bought the black first then went back and ordered the brown also. There are zippers at the wrist, pockets and one pocket on the chest. Not over done like some bike jackets. They are very stylish, but simple. I am not a biker girl but my husband does have a Harley.

Respected Contributor
I have loved that look since it became popular about 5 or 6 years ago. I have all kinds of clothes and boots with random zippers. One of my favorites is a Chloe Dao skirt with an exposed zipper the whole length of the skirt. I think they look cool. Mileages may vary, of course.
Super Contributor

I don't particularly like zippers on anything but casual winter outerwear.

Super Contributor
Not particularly a fan of zippers, but since it is hard for me to find pants that are long enough I do have some pants from Loft with zippered pockets. Otherwise, too trendy for me. I tend to go for more classic looks.
Honored Contributor

I suppose it depends on the item, I don't like the idea of a big zipper run down the back of a dress. It's like shining a spotlight on your butt. I had a skirt a couple of years ago that had a zipper running down the front. It was cute.

Honored Contributor

I love zippers on clothing (shoulders, sleeves, etc) and I love them on shoes. So cute. I have that zips in the front of the shoe (a high heel)

Regular Contributor

I love zippers on my clothes too. Have a great Marc Bower faux moto jacket zippers on the sleeves love it. I tried WWC or perhaps it was Attitudes, anyway she has this ponte knit tunic-- with zippers it is yummy, but too long. I even had the idea that I would hem. There are some Marla Wynne pants with zippers, they are calling my name.

Respected Contributor

I just got this top with a short zipper up the side. If you unzip it, it shows more of the bottom chiffon. I also have jackets and jeans with zippers used as a decorative element.

Serena Williams Asymmetric Tunic with Chiffon Hemline

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Trusted Contributor

I am getting more used to it, but I really do not like it on shoes! Just my personal quirk. Smiley Happy