Trusted Contributor

THANK YOU QVC MONITORS........

For poofing disrespectful threads about any host especially when it is continually about a certain host. These hosts are employed by the Q and the constant vile and hatred comments should not be allowed. I thought these forums were created for discussing products not for demeaning hosts.
Respected Contributor

Re: THANK YOU QVC MONITORS........

The subject/posts on this forum are never about fashion- Every other post is from an obsessed shopper NEEDING to know, "where did...(so & so) get her top, pants, shoes," etc., It'd a constant frenzy! The forum should not be about hosts at all (I did just post about Shawn because the comments are literally borderline insane)- We should be sharing resources and discussing trends, etc.,

Esteemed Contributor

It is odd though when the entire thread dispears whilst your in the middle of responding. LOL. But yeah, my first thought was WTG Q. ok,.maybe that was my second thought. Smiley Happy
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

On 8/9/2014 kate2357 said: It is odd though when the entire thread dispears whilst your in the middle of responding. LOL. But yeah, my first thought was WTG Q. ok,.maybe that was my second thought. Smiley Happy
LOL. Just know it's a good thing! Smiley Wink
Esteemed Contributor

There have been a lot of good discussions on the Fashion Forum, but one of the quickest ways to get a thread deleted, other than political or religious talk, is to have a running argument between 4 or 5 or more people that leaves no room for anyone else to comment on the actual topic of the thread. If this is the one I think it is, that's what was happening. I've seen it numerous times on various forums just in the last few days, and apparently the webmasters don't like it and are no longer going to allow it . It discourages anyone else from posting because those people arguing just have to continue trying to get the best of each other. And all it accomplishes is to get the thread taken down. JMHO

Trusted Contributor

On 8/9/2014 kittymomNC said:

There have been a lot of good discussions on the Fashion Forum, but one of the quickest ways to get a thread deleted, other than political or religious talk, is to have a running argument between 4 or 5 or more people that leaves no room for anyone else to comment on the actual topic of the thread. If this is the one I think it is, that's what was happening. I've seen it numerous times on various forums just in the last few days, and apparently the webmasters don't like it and are no longer going to allow it . It discourages anyone else from posting because those people arguing just have to continue trying to get the best of each other. And all it accomplishes is to get the thread taken down. JMHO

Yes you're absolutely correct and that's what should happen. Posters shouldn't be allowed to say some of the mean vicious things they post about any of their employees. Like I said these forums should be about discussing products not bashing hosts.
Honored Contributor

Hi, kittymomNC!Smile

Excellent post. Those personal skirmishes in the midst of an otherwise interesting discussion have been a problem for a long time. Sometimes I wonder if it's done when someone wants to cause the demise of a thread. I'm glad it seems to be something the moderators are addressing but I wish they could remove the offending posts rather than deleting or closing the entire thread.

And yes, OP, it's great if they aren't allowing the host-bashing threads.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I think I remember that it was said by one of the QVC mods that forum posters are allowed to express their dislike of a host, vendor and/or a product, but they aren't allowed to get nasty with other forum posters and such. Like dooBdoo said, I wonder if some posters purposely start an argument in a thread to get it deleted?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

luvs ... your comment about Jayne Brown on that thread was doing the very thing you scolded others for in the poofed thread

and kate your post on the leggings thread about people not looking at themselves in the mirror before they go out because their hair is unbrushed and how badly they look in the leggings gives great insight into how you feel about commentary n how someone looks in public

... what I can gather you both wanted the thread removed because you didn't agree with those criticisms, but you are OK when it comes to criticizing on the forums when you agree or in real life when you're not approving of dress or physical appearance. You know what we call that???

I'm sure there are lots of people thinking the same. We are all on to the double standard and the pot and kettle.

"the noive" {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/9/2014 dooBdoo said:

Hi, kittymomNC!Smile

Excellent post. Those personal skirmishes in the midst of an otherwise interesting discussion have been a problem for a long time. Sometimes I wonder if it's done when someone wants to cause the demise of a thread. I'm glad it seems to be something the moderators are addressing but I wish they could remove the offending posts rather than deleting or closing the entire thread.

And yes, OP, it's great if they aren't allowing the host-bashing threads.

Hey dooBdoo! I agree with you on that...the thing I haven't figured out, and probably won't be able to, is why they leave some threads up that have mean posts still in them and just close them for comments, but others they delete entirely. I wish they would establish some kind of standard on that.

I admit I've gotten caught up in an argument a few times, but only because I felt that I was being attacked for something I didn't do, and it didn't go on and on and on. I'm not taking the bait any more...I just ignore it, because it's a total waste of time. I did have a thread taken down last week by a couple of people that didn't address the topic at all, they just started on me for what seemed to be no reason that I could figure out, and it came down in a hurry.

Anyway, the last few days have been interesting, to say the least. I just hope they don't get so strict that we can't have any decent debates about important or interesting topics.{#emotions_dlg.blush}