Contributor

I Would Be More Apt to Buy an Item If.....

...it actually fit the show host. Suggestion time. Jane Tracey always wear a size or two too small smooshed over her middle and hips. Not attractive. I've been seeing this since she put on weight. Not bashing, just saying, it's not selling the product for me. That one button she can manage to button on the jacket right now is getting ready to pop. She always says she wears an XXS. I don't know it what universe but she needs to go up at least a size to make the product attractive and sell it. We've all been there, that time we need a bigger size, even if temporarily, but she is selling the stuff, she needs to give up that XXS. Please.

Super Contributor

Re: I Would Be More Apt to Buy an Item If.....

She said if she went up a size, it would be too big in the shoulders. The style is wrong for her body shape. She shouldn't wear something with princess seams.

I agree - most of them squeeze their bodies into the smallest size they can get on.

Honored Contributor

I agree. I heard her say a size larger would be too big in the shoulders & I have had that problem before so I understand. But wearing the jacket buttoned & looking too tight is not good. If it doesn't fit don't wear it.

Honored Contributor

I agree about the princess seams. If they want to do them they need to do petites & talls as well as regular or they will look bad on 2/3 of the ladies.

Honored Contributor

I was just talking about this in another thread! She and another host just don't realize how it looks. It may fit Jane's shoulders, but the leather jacket she had on was buttoned and the button was pulling the leather something awful. Size up Janie, please... just all of you wear your appropriate size, please. We still love you guys...

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

Jane needs a medium.

Super Contributor

I have the same problem and I've had to make peace with horrible drooping shoulders. No alteration seamstress in my small town will TOUCH shoulders, so basically you're stuck. Fit is a nightmare for so many who fall outside the mainstream sizes.

For me buttoning the piece without it straining trumps everything else, so that's the choice I made.

Honored Contributor

On 8/2/2014 champagnepoodle said:

Jane needs a medium.

It still would not fit her correctly. She'd be able to button it fine but the shoulders would be big & look bad. I guess it just depends which bad you want to go with.

Trusted Contributor

Jane just said she's a 6/8 on the bottom, but usually goes with the 8. I guess that's considered sizing up, right? {#emotions_dlg.laugh} That's what we call QVC vanity sizing.

Super Contributor

Jane looks like a 10/12 at least on the bottom