Frequent Contributor

The last thing I want to do right now.....

It's 78 degrees outside and rising....... I've spent the morning working in my flowerbeds and moving the sprinkler around the yard. The last thing I want to do on a beautiful August day is shop for fall/winter fashions. My mind set is so far from fall.......... Good thing I haven't seen a show yet that I was impressed with and just the thought of boots right now makes my head hurt. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

But for those who are ready to shop for fall - have a great time!!!

Super Contributor

Re: The last thing I want to do right now.....

Here in California where our hottest months are September and October, they start showing fall and winter clothing in July. I know that people need to do school shopping, etc. but it just makes me sweat looking at the stuff. I always laugh as people shop as if there will be no sales and no inventory in September. Here, no one will be wearing a heavy sweater for quite awhile. We just seem to rush through the seasons. Can't wait until summer, then we start getting ready for the cold weather in July.

Super Contributor

I know its like lets not rush it people.

Super Contributor

That is how it goes in the fashion world. I don't usu watch during this time of year but some like to get ahead and buy for Fall. To each his/her own.

Honored Contributor

On 8/2/2014 Jackielee said:

Here in California where our hottest months are September and October, they start showing fall and winter clothing in July. I know that people need to do school shopping, etc. but it just makes me sweat looking at the stuff. I always laugh as people shop as if there will be no sales and no inventory in September. Here, no one will be wearing a heavy sweater for quite awhile. We just seem to rush through the seasons. Can't wait until summer, then we start getting ready for the cold weather in July.

I agree about the weather. QVC hosts were talking like the couldn't wait for summer and now they are already pushing fall and Christmas. I think they overdid the Christmas in July shows this year. I like fall clothing, but won't be ready for it until late October or November.

Contributor

I suggest you stay busy! I will do many things today to avoid the horrible Fall Fashion Days shows. Easy pay items were really going a few weeks ago, this weekend the Q stopped them? That also stops the purchases of millions of customers!

Regular Contributor

On 8/2/2014 just4me said:

That is how it goes in the fashion world. I don't usu watch during this time of year but some like to get ahead and buy for Fall. To each his/her own.

Amen!
Respected Contributor

AGREED! There were vendors on today saying hat it was fall??? NOT where I live! It's very warm in PA. Would never pay $190 for anything w/ a D&C label anyway!!!