Super Contributor

Just a month ago, hosts were begging for Summer... and the hot weather.... oh how horrible Winter was....now here they are pushing hot leather jackets, boots, winter coats and saying how they can not wait for Winter and the cold.... PLEEZZZZZZZZ! Not falling for it. It is just like Christmas in July.... a bunch of hype and brain washing.

Contributor

Their job is to sell to they say and do whatever it takes. Can't take them seriously.

Honored Contributor
they're right on schedule, just like the runways and the stores
Honored Contributor

It's not ironic; it is marketing.

Super Contributor
On 8/2/2014 Andreatoo said: they're right on schedule, just like the runways and the stores

Do you listen to them and get excited? Really? What is wrong with last years boots everyone bought, and all the coats they sold last winter?

Valued Contributor
I think you are right! They are really good at it too!

Nothing ironic about it - it's simply marketing.

However, there's a big part of the country in the south and southwest who have MONTHS of summer remaining. I'm in Las Vegas and the temps will be over 100 degrees EVERY DAY until September 15th. Much of the fall apparel they're showing today during Fall Fashion Day we won't be able to wear until about mid-November.

I did buy three Denim & Co. tops - just a cotton knit with 3/4-length sleeves. But corduroy pants (on the Isaac M. show)? We could literally only wear them about two months of the year - December and January. That's it.

Respected Contributor

In CA it will be 3 months before it starts to cool off (end Oct.). Fall is NOT around the corner for us, unfortunately. I only wish we would need those fall and winter clothes sooner!

Super Contributor
On 8/2/2014 happygal said:

In CA it will be 3 months before it starts to cool off (end Oct.). Fall is NOT around the corner for us, unfortunately. I only wish we would need those fall and winter clothes sooner!

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

The best part about CA is that we don't really need winter clothes at all. It's not the arctic!

New Contributor

The last thing I want to do today is go over my fall & winter wardrobe, to see what I could use. Last year's winter went on and on. I'm enjoying summer for as long as I can. Cool