Contributor

Do you wear leather and fur?

I love a good leather bag and boots. I'm not much about the fur, but I'm not opposed to it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you wear leather and fur?

My conscious caught up with me with regard to real fur about 25 years ago. In the beginning I shifted over to faux fur and in the 1990s faux fur textiles reached realistic qualities they had not before.

I do wear leather coats, shoes and carry leather handbags. It's great that faux leather is catching up to the quality levels of faux fur and some of the new faux leather fabrics are lovely.

Super Contributor

I say wear what you like, eat what you like. Its your body. I have real fur and leather. I refuse to do faux/fake anything.

Respected Contributor

I wear leather but I wear Dennis Basso fake fur. Not out of squeamishness (our family when they came to the US were furriers. I've seen mink farms and watched the entire process from squidgey little beast to full out mink coat.)

I don't wear fur because I can't find the fur I like for a good price and the upkeep is considerable. I was just visiting in Russia, and their attitude? You'd BETTER have a fur coat. It's COLD. Fake doesn't work as well as real, according to one person I talked to. Since cheap fur is worse than no fur, Dennis Basso works for me.

Since I'm in a mild-ish climate, I don't need all that warmth. But I froze in a harsh climate for years and I would have appreciated fur. I just didn't have the money.

Honored Contributor

I'm

Super Contributor

Yes. I should add, I also eat meat. But as far as humans are concerned, am pro-life.

Honored Contributor

With my allergies, I don't do fur but I always do leather handbags and I have one leather jacket.

Honored Contributor

I eat meat, wear leather, wear silk, wear pearls and wear wool. I wear makeup too. I accept medicine. And I couldn't have done any of it, if it wasn't for animals.

Honored Contributor

Leather, yes. I don't own any fur but I'm not opposed to a fabulous stroller length mink. I always thought I'd have a Mink by the time I was 50 but it's not on my wish list. Too expensive.

Super Contributor

Definitely yes to leather.

I have a mink jacket I bought in a thrift shop years ago that is fabulous. However, when I wear it, I get the evil eye and can see the judgment radiating from all the "good people" wearing fake fur - probably made by folks like Basso - which means they are supporting the current fur industry - yet they think they are morally superior to me.

On the other hand when I wear the Basso fake fur, I get approval.

Such hypocrites.