Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 8/2)

Good morning, shopping friends. I do like the TSV but I'm not indulging. I have an SG faux leather jacket in a motorcycle style that everyone believes is real. I must admit that it is the first faux leather that I really liked. The black looks better than the brown but I might try the burgundy this year. A209951.

I did like the Clarks boots that were shown this morning. That got me started checking out my boot wardrobe. Check out item A23794 which is around $100 and is on easy pay. I got this boot when first introduced at QVC. It is the greatest fitting and most comfortable boot I have ever had. Last year, I discovered it on Amazon and ordered it again in black and brown to wear last year, but the old faithful were still in great shape. This year, I switch to the ones from Amazon where you can still get them at $65 and free shipping. Money saved!

I'm now watching IM. Right now, I don't have an urge to shop but time will tell. I did like a top that was on yesterday as it looked sharp on the model. A257302. The problem is that it is just a little too dressy for cost effective use here. We don't dash out to all those multiple parties, festivities, etc. here. We are more casual and use things that can go from casual to more dressy depending upon accessories, etc. Buying items that have a multi-purpose use is more cost effective.

Oh my, I just saw a model on the IM show wearing this full length coat, duster, etc. in a huge floral print. I have no problems with florals but I don't like the overwhelmed look.

I have plans to meet a friend in the city tomorrow for dinner. I really need to get out, and this person is back in town after a lengthy trip so we will have much to discuss. He just sold his vacation property elsewhere.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Super Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 8/2)

Good morning ladies! Thanks for getting us started Jean! Well its about time I have finally been able to post! I'm sorry I haven't been here I've been super busy you have no idea. I am finally on vacation for another week(yay!) except I'm working over time Monday night. Boo but I have to do what I have to do. I also worked OT last night as well, and I've been going in early and then I get home and I have been looking at condos and then I have my bowling league once a week. Plus I finally caught up the with the times and got a new phone. No more flip phone! Got an I phone and I have to says its addicting! It made my credit card bill go over what I wanted to spend but my bill will still be low compared to the last couple of months. I'm proud of myself. Next bill will be a different story with my stupid car insurance on there. This week I'm gonna go down to the bank where hopefully they will pre approve me for a loan. Keep your fingers crossed for me. This morning I am going to go to the gym and then I guess I'll clean my room. I'm debating. I have company coming the end of the month so I'm trying to wait until then but its so messy right now. Its yucky here and cold. Its gonna be raining all day. You ladies have a wonderful day and Jean enjoy time with your friend!

Esteemed Contributor

Gina--Enjoy your new phone. I hope the loan pre-approval goes well. Enjoy your vacation, but it may be "work" getting ready for company, etc. Good job on keeping the costs down despite the new phone purchase.

I've done some kitchen activities and then WEN'd my hair. I like to air dry my hair so today is a good time to do that as I discover little things to do that when added up make a big difference over time.

I have a shoe rack organizer I bought from Amazon which is next on the list of "to do" activities. I've had it for a couple of weeks but other things intervened and I wasn't motivated to do it. I got rid of its big box so I hope I still have the instructions.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I thought the TSV looked kind of cute, but I don't want anything that has to be leather cleaned only. I also have a SG faux leather jacket. I got it at the QVC outlet last Sept. when DH & were returning from our vacation to the east coast. I have had many compliments on it. It is black & looks kind of dressy too. Since I no longer work, my clothes are mostly casual. Jean also have fun with your company. It will be fun to hear about his recent trip. You can also tell him about your upcoming trip.

NYC, it is nice to see you posting too. It is nice that you have a few days of vacation. Life can get real crazy at times when you are working. I wish you luck at looking for a condo that will work out for you. Company coming is always fun & I also like to have everything looking nice in the house.

Yesterday I met DD about 20 minutes from our home to bring our DGD here for the weekend. We had her two brothers last weekend, so it is her time now. We don't see them as often as we would like especially when school starts again in Sept. Last night we went to see "grandpa' play ball. Actually he did very good as he got on base all 4 times & didn't fall 3 times like he did last week. It took me twice through the washer to get the grass stains out of his pants.

We all slept in this morning then it was scrambled eggs etc. & fresh blueberries for Emily. The boys ate lots of them last weekend so now she is enjoying them too. There mom told me that she gets 4# of blueberries & also strawberries as they like them so well. It is much different feeding a family of 5 than the two of us.

Sometime today I am treating DGD to a nice pair of earrings. She just had her ears pierced last weekend, so she can't take the starters out for 6 weeks. She wanted to call home at 10:00 last night, but I said maybe the rest of the family would be in bed. Her dad called this morning to talk t her, so that was nice of him. She said "hi mom", as she thought her mom was on the phone. I told her she had a phone call & I didn't know who it was!

This afternoon we will go see her great grandma, go into the hot tub & then have a nice dinner out. Tomorrow is my DH's company picnic. We are taking her to it as it is fun for kids. It is in a nice park about 45 minutes from here.

I need to wash the floors as I can hear DH zooming around the house with the vacuum cleaner.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--You got a great deal on the SG faux leather jacket. The funny thing is that I have a real leather jacket and a real suede jacket but I wear the SG faux leather the most. The students call it my "Fonz jacket." It is so true that when one no longer works, there is no need for dressier clothes. Around here, if someone dresses up big time, the standing comment is "Going for a job interview?" Enjoy having you DGD; she will be a pleasure to have around. Enjoy the hot tub and dinner out as well as the company picnic; your DGD will enjoy it also.

I have the shoe rack assembled. It is the number 1 seller for shoe racks on Amazon. It really looks nice. I can see other uses for it other than shoes. Seville Classics Resin-Wood Composite Utility Shoe Rack,single pack. This can be bought in multiples for stacking, etc. The shelves are very tight fitting in mine, so one of them required a little more encouraging than the others when being snapped in. It will fit a minimum of 9 pair of shoes.

Seville Classics Resin-Wood Composite Utility Shoe Rack,single pack

I did order another pair of Clarks boots in another style from Amazon. Clarks Women's Leyden Crest Boot for $53 and no shipping.

I was going to have grilled chicken and steamed veggies for lunch but lost track of the time. I guess that is a great dinner option now.

Super Contributor

Well that was a nice work out I had at the gym. I did an hour of zumba(I really love that class) and then I did 30 mins on the treadmill. I'm on day 8 of no soda(I was having a can a day which I love to have in the summer) and day 7 of no potato chips(my mom put out a bowl just now for company and I'm dying here) but I'm really trying. I've been having a bowl of special K in the morning barbequed thighs and legs(no skin) in the afternoon and then a bowl of special K again for dinner. I also have special K snack bars and I've been snacking on cucumbers and fruit. Been drinking nothing but water and tea. I'm only down 2 pounds but I'll take it. Its a start right? And thanks Jean for the good luck wishes!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Have a great time tomorrow. I love those boots, and had to put them on my Amazon wishlist. They are so sharp looking. Yesterday I put the QF jeans on my Q wishlist. My first reaction was that they are too expensive, but then I remembered how much I paid for the "Not My Daughters Jeans" from a local boutique, so I felt better about it. Do you find they are true to size? I am wondering because the size I normally wear is larger than the ones I would order for these according to the measurements. And, if the listed measurements are true, I would need to go down two sizes. That would make me extremely nervous.

No TSV for me. I have two SG faux leather jackets (same style) which I love and wear when our weather is cool. I used to own real leather blazers, but I didn't wear them much, and I gave them away. I appreciate the easy care of these two jackets, and the style is cute. I am retired and live in a very casual area, so I can appreciate not needing many dressy items.

Hi Gina -- glad you will have a few days off and are happy with your phone. Good luck with the loan pre-approval.

It is great that you get time to spend with your DGD this weekend twinny. Glad your DH's game went well yesterday and enjoy the picnic.

Waves to Kathleen (I use my Vitamix every morning for smoothies, among other things, and I still love it), Arlene, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Karen, Rosa, Gayle, Sonya, Nancy, Val, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

I am so frustrated with my computer printer -- I changed the ink cartridge, and it is still not working. I fear that it overheated, so I have moved it to another room that is cooler. Fingers crossed on that. Meanwhile, I decided my microwave needs replacing, and I have ordered a new one.

We are expecting rain today, and I decided to do a Leslie Sansone DVD rather than take a walk outside. Wow -- that was more strenuous than I expected. Just just using light weights, etc. was a strain on my arms.

Nothing exciting going on here, but my regular laundry and financial stuff.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Super Contributor

Hey Linda I hear ya about working out my legs are KILLING me!

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--For the QF garment measurements for those pants match my measurements so they work for me. I think the ones that come in a letter size are more flexible and easier to use as the letter size covers two numerical sizes. My suggestion is to compare the measurements for the QF pants to that of the D&C jeans, etc. that I think I remember you ordering. I wear snug L in Denim and Company and a size 16 in the QF. I don't think going down two sizes would work for me but I'm a larger person. I use the "click here" link for garment measurement as that varies from one item number to another even in the same line.

To give an example, the garment measurement for the QF in a size 16 for the pants we are discussing is 46 inches. My hip measurement is slightly over 45, so the 16 works. I tried the Denim & Co. version of these. I found the D&C version to be not as well constructed and of a thinner material. I agree that the QF is not cheap but I have some which are on year 3 and are not showing it; my problem is that I lost weight and they are too big now. I do prefer the pull on version of the QF. I'll wear the year 3 QF around the house.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Well, it's another lousy day weather-wise - the clouds are moving in and I hear thunder. What a disappointing summer! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} Hopefully I'll be able to take the dogs out to the park at least for a little while, since they no longer have unlimited freedom in the yard, thanks to Autumn's running away. We did go yesterday evening, and as usual everyone got a kick out of watching Autumn do her thing in the water, exclaiming how cute she is. I picked up a few things at Aldi and afterwards stopped at Ollie's for kitty litter, so my shopping is pretty much done for the month.

I have a couple of Dialogue leather jackets that I had gotten NWT from eBay but haven't yet worn them, as well as some Dennis Basso coats and a cute jacket from Marshall's that are still unworn, so I'm not going to even think about getting any new coats or jackets this year. When the weather is cold I don't go out much anyway, so much of my extensive winter wardrobe still has tags on it. The jacket that I got the most use out of since moving back to the Mainland was a washable leather one from Denim & Co. - it had stitching on it that made it look as if it were quilted, but it wasn't, and cute turn-latch fastenings, but I finally got tired of it after wearing it for over 5 years. I have to get out of the mindset of, "If I have the wardrobe for the lifestyle I wish I had, the lifestyle will magically follow."

Those are cute boots, Jean - I love Clark's, as they're almost always super-comfortable. I do have a pair of Clark's sandals that I wore the other day and they left me with some cuts on the top of my foot, so they'll be going to the missions closet. I don't recall ever having a problem with Clark's before; maybe it's because the leather on these is very stiff.

Jean, you sure don't look like a size 16!

I have a shoe rack that hangs on the back of my door. It holds 26 pair, and after having it for several years I need to start thinking about replacing it, as it's developed some tears. Amazon has it, but I have to check and see if the price at BBB is better with a coupon.

LindaL, I got a new printer a few months ago, and have to switch out the one I have. The old one works fine, but the new one is wireless and I can also print from my Kindle on it. I no longer use my microwave (I rarely ever used it anyway), so both it and the old printer are going to be listed for sale - that'll bring in some much-needed cash. I also have to list my golf equipment and tennis racket, as I don't use them.

Have fun with your DGD twinny - how old is she?

Well, here comes the rain. (sigh) I started a cozy mystery from a series that's new to me last night, and am really enjoying it - guess I'll get back to it until the rain lets up. At the very least I'll take Autumn and Honeybun out for a drive.

Have a blessed day, everyone!