Contributor

Linea Ladies ............. a question

Do you prefer to accessorize like the models with lots of chunky jewelry or just keep it simple.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Linea Ladies ............. a question

Good morning! I kept it simple. I mostly wear white gold and rose gold with this collection.

Honored Contributor

I generally do not wear huge earrings, cuffs or extra long necklaces. It overwhelms me. I do find similar styles in smaller configurations and wear that.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I did the piles of long necklaces in the 70's! I do wear chunky bracelets and generally hoop earrings. I have a few ethnic-type statement necklaces I wear with t-necks in the fall and winter but generally I keep it pretty simple.

Super Contributor

I do a little of both. Sometimes, when I want a dressier look, I'll pile on the chunky necklaces. Other times, I keep it simple when I want a more casual look.
Honored Contributor

I wear a little Judith Ripka, and collect stone pendent pieces, especially from craft shows. They're often wrapped in sterling or gold wire. I wear a lot of cuff bracelets.

Honored Contributor

I like to keep it simple. Mainly because at my age and the fact that I have arthritis, I can't wear heavy, chunky jewelry.

His pieces are amazing and I sometimes wish I could wear them.

I own lots of his clothes. His clothes are always well made and I feel like, always flatter me. I always get compliments when I wear something from his line.

I have some of his clothes that I've long lost weight and can't wear them any longer I just hate to give them to Goodwill.

No one I know can wear a size 1X or 2X. I've given clothes to 2 people here asking that they please not sell them on ebay or some other place and then I found out they did sell them. That's why I don't trust people to give them to. I even sent the clothes to them and paid for the huge box myself!

Are people basically dishonest? I wonder.

Respected Contributor

I accessorize like crazy. I did long before Linea. I have collected many of his pieces but also have my own collection. I DVR his shows so I can play them black and get a better look at his jewelry because it's available on line only. I love the pieces I've gotten from him. It's very difficult to find quality costume jewelry.

Honored Contributor

I keep it fairly simple because I do not have the height and/or svelte build of the Linea models. So, if Louis places two of his necklaces on a model, I place one around my neck. This doesn't mean that I wouldn't do as he suggests if I could get away with it. In many instances, I would probably follow suit, but as it is, I pare down my self-decoration.

Whenever I leave the house and am all "dolled up," I typically repeat that old adage of "Remove one decorative item" to myself. Sometimes I know that I might be a tad over the top and heed that excellent advice, but when I am full of myself, I just chalk it up to a fun and expressive day.

Trusted Contributor

I'm 5'11 so I prefer long and sometimes chunky jewelry. Small jewelry would get lost on me. Linea pearls & other 72" Linea necklaces are mainstays for me. I usually wear them as long single strands. I prefer chunky bracelets, large watches and large button earrings, hoops or short drop earrings. Large pendants on a long chain are also a favorite, like the fish pendant. So I'd say I prefer the Linea way of styling for the most part.