Respected Contributor

STOP telling customers to "hurry up & purchase"....."quick, get on the phone"

when ALL colors and sizes are still available in the TSV at 3:50pm! $62 is not a bargain for White Mountain! Thy look horribly cheap. NO, Kristen, they would NOT be "hundreds of dollars at retail"-

Honored Contributor

Re: STOP telling customers to "hurry up & purchase"....."quick, get on the phone"

I'm guessing you don't run to your phone when they say it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: STOP telling customers to "hurry up & purchase"....."quick, get on the phone"

"These are going quickly!"

"Very popular!"

"All of our lines are full; better use online ordering!"

"We're down to last call in many colors and sizes!" (Then why are most of the little dots at the bottom of the screen still green?)

"We won't be reordering these after today! This is your last chance to pick one up!"

"If I were you, I wouldn't wait; you need to hurry to the phone and order!"

For me, all of this mock hysteria is part of the comedy/drama that is TV shopping. It can be very entertaining if I'm in the right frame of mind. Hokey as all get-out. And it never makes me buy anything, ever.

Valued Contributor

I am so sick of it! I posted in another thread about how I watched a qvc uk show and it was so nice!! There was none of that!!! None. They are so calm and polite there. No cutting people off mid sentence to report how many people on the line or how many sold! I never watch qvc anymore. Smiley Sad.
Honored Contributor

And yet again, a positive, uplifting post. Change the channel.

Regular Contributor

I don't like "lets go through the colors very very quickly". blah blah..very very quickly! What's the hurry, Lisa??

High pressure sales. Not what QVC used to be.

Sometimes I wonder if that's why Lisa Mason left. I remember her saying one time "I am not going to jump up and down and tell you how many have sold. You can see that on the bottom the screen." I am guessing the producer was speaking in her ear ,like they do, telling her what to say.

Not cool.

Valued Contributor

They do it most when something isnt selling. Obviously lots of people know that these are last years boots and are in the stores for $39.

Oh, and they are pretty ugly too.

Respected Contributor

LOL! You might as well tell them to stop breathing

Regular Contributor

I never get these posts...is this a simple venting rant? My goodness, if u have a complaint with programming call qvc! U actually think ur passive aggressive comment here is going to get to their ears...and is qvc ur whole life? Smh...
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/1/2014 Laurel013 said: I never get these posts...is this a simple venting rant? My goodness, if u have a complaint with programming call qvc! U actually think ur passive aggressive comment here is going to get to their ears...and is qvc ur whole life? Smh...

its just a matter to rant...to get it off our chest...makes us feel better....we are aware we can change the channel and many of us do....probably for all the reasons listed...still we need to say how we feel...and hopefully someone at the Q. will take note...(but they most likely won't do anything about it)....