Super Contributor

Just wondering if anyone's around. I was flipping between Q and H and got bored.

By the way, I finally got my first IM cardigan, A229304, which went on clearance. It arrived this week and had a hole in the back. It was cheap overall, with the dye soaking through in an irregular pattern. Just awful. It was customer top rated too. Maybe I just got a lemon, but it really makes me not want to order anything from here.

OK that's my rant. lol It's really a good day!

Honored Contributor

Morning, Run!

I am savoring the last few days of summer. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Sorry to hear that you got a dud.

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Damask Print Cardigan with Jeweled Buttons

Did you call CS to get your shipping refunded?

Super Contributor

Yes, they're always good about that. I do like the green scarf... get compliments on it. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} What are you and the fur kids doing today?

Honored Contributor

Furkids are a bit crazy. They just had their snack of dry kibble, and soon they'll run around like lunatics and settle in for a nap. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Tomorrow is a BBQ, and we are bringing a few dishes, so at some point we need to get groceries. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I'm contemplating the allergy shot. They don't open until 1:30, and so I'm deciding if I want to get showered/dressed to go there soon or wait until Monday when I'm out and about for yoga. {#emotions_dlg.huh}

I am wrapping up one book study, working on the other, and creating materials for two presentations I have to give for our professional development days. I may also have an opportunity to attend a technology training ($) so I'm working out the details. I still have two more days of professional development ($) to attend in August.

Today we just booked our holiday flights. I was able to save some money (last few times we've checked they've been over $400 each) and I got two tickets for $400 and change. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Super Contributor

Good for you on the flights. Where are you going?

When you say training and prof. dev. $ ... what does the $ mean, you're paying right? It doesn't mean it helps you get a raise does it? Wishful thinking. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Have fun at the BBQ

Honored Contributor
On 8/1/2014 Rununculus said:

Good for you on the flights. Where are you going?

When you say training and prof. dev. $ ... what does the $ mean, you're paying right? It doesn't mean it helps you get a raise does it? Wishful thinking. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Have fun at the BBQ

Headed to FL.

Training is usually how to navigate one of our system upgrades or updates. We have a new data management system being rolled out, and I have attended three "hands on" trainings so that I know how to use it when it's up and running. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

For PD, some are paid, and some you earn credit for. I have a certain type of certificate, so I need a certain type of credits. For the book studies, I can earn one credit each, but to get paid, I have to write a four hour paper at the conclusion of each book study. I don't need the credits, but with BF being unemployed I'm always looking for paid opportunities.

There are also some credit courses, offered through the employer or in tandem with the community college, and those you have to pay for. All teachers have to attend professional development on one of those days before the kids come back, when we are at work. In addition to having to attend various sessions, I will present two of those sessions, so I get paid to plan engaging sessions for other teachers. I also have online PD I have to do (and submit "evidence" for) to make up the snow days.

We have been on a salary freeze for several years now. As most people know, the only ways to earn more money in education are through advanced degrees and/or longevity. I will never earn a cent more (even with more education) until we get step increases. So, as an example, my district hired teachers and made them give up three years of service. If you had been teaching for 6 years, they brought you in at a step 3. Sometimes there isn't much difference between steps ($500) and sometimes it's closer to $2,000. With a salary step freeze, I have served five additional years in the system but I have been credited for zero years of experience for that time. So if this continues another five years, for example, instead of being on step 20, I would only be on step 10, making the same salary for those ten years.

Honored Contributor

Hi girls, sorry you got a bad IM cardi, Run, I have not ordered anything from his line, but I know it is popular.

Lola, at least you have a fun winter break coming, but that pay freeze system sounds terrible, to me.

I am not doing much today, a little housework, going to make some chocolate chip cookies in a little while, that's about it. It is cloudy and was sprinkling rain earlier, so decided to skip my walk today, maybe will do it later if the skies clear up. I walk about 2.5 miles each day, usually a one day each week that I just don't do it.

I have the Q on today, in the background while I clean house, haven't ordered anything so far today, did order a zip up jacket, on waitlist (it hasn't come in stock yet) A230025 and t-neck A72448 from the Linea line, these are both returning items in new colors. I have the jacket in cobalt and love it and wanted the olive as well. Hardly ever order anything in more than 1 color.

Have a great day!

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor
On 8/1/2014 snickster said:

I have the Q on today, in the background while I clean house, haven't ordered anything so far today, did order a zip up jacket, on waitlist (it hasn't come in stock yet) A230025 and t-neck A72448 from the Linea line, these are both returning items in new colors.

Olive is a mystery color, LOL, but here is the jacket. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Linea by Louis DellOlio Animal Jacquard Zip Front Jacket

IDK what color you got in the turtleneck, but here it is for others who might be interested.

Linea by Louis DellOlio Whisper Knit Long Sleeve Turtleneck

Honored Contributor

Thanks, lola, got the t-neck in olive also.

"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

Wow Snickster, great jacket and t-neck.

Lola, sorry about your pay freeze. ITA sounds terrible.

Don't know if you follow Sen. Sanders, but here's what he says about the growing income gap. This is not to be political, but I think most of us can agree that 25 hedge fund managers making about as much as half a million teachers means something is horribly wrong..