Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, 8/1)

Good morning, everyone. I guess this is fashion day but so far I haven't seen anything different that grabs me. I couldn't sleep last night so I saw it off and on trying to relax...and there was little on the cable channels. I just didn't feel in the mood to continue watching True Blood on Netflix last night as I did that yesterday.

Now, having said that there isn't much new, I did order two pair of the QF pants. I have these in the pull on version and they are on year 3 and still look good. The problem is that they are now much too big. I'm not a major fan of the boot cut in most pants, so time will tell. I did like the explanation that pants with a fixed waistband has to be offered in numbered sizes whereas the more flexible pull on type pants can be offered in lettered sizes.

I do like the TSV; it is a variation of the one White Mountain offered last year which had studs on it instead of the quilting. A236909 I like the charcoal in the TSV and checked to see if A236909 was offered in charcoal. The difference in price is around $5.

I did need some new jean type pants so I can settle for my fashion day purchase being the jeans. I've already done enough shopping for new clothes to refresh the wardrobe and in smaller size for slacks, etc.

It is hard to believe but it is only a week and a half until students return to school. The Summer has flown. I've definitely saved on electricity costs with lack of use of the AC. Today, it is actually warming up but will still be cooler than normal.

Today, I'll be checking on a will revision, changing medical power of attorney, etc. Trust me, fashions are more fun.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, 8/1)

Good morning Jean.The TSV in rust is calling my name but so far I am resisting.I love the rust color and don't often see it.School here starts next week so Chase needs clothes.He got four shirts and a pair of jeans last night so at least its a start.Well tomarrow or Sunday I will be getting four puppies for about a week until they go north.Am going to our local shelter today as they need fosters for pups going north in two weeks.Can you say insane because I must be.Salem will be giving me the paw for sure.Have a great day all.
Esteemed Contributor

Angel just sent me a message on FB that the straight leg version would be available in September. Now, I'll debate keeping this order of the boot leg version.

Jules--Chase is almost ready for school, thanks to you. Salem approves of your efforts to help his furry friends. He just doesn't want to admit it. That rust color is nice.

I haven't received any updates on my niece.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Sorry about the lack of sleep and needing to review your will, etc. I know that is a very upsetting task. Sorry that it is necessary. I'm sure you will make the right decision on the jeans. I usually like bootcut jeans rather than the straight leg, but not always. I thought the TSV boots looked cute, but not a big temptation since it is so long until I will need boots. We are having "cooler" weather today (only up into the 90's), and had a big rain storm last night (very heavy with lightening and thunder which woke me up). But, we are expecting to get back up to 100 degrees next week. It did rain (lightly) on our walk.

Hi Jules -- glad you picked up some things for Chase. Good luck with the puppies and Salem's reaction.

My trip to COSTCO went well -- I was very concerned/nervous on the way up, especially near the accident site, but.... No problems or worries on the way back. Funny how your mind works. I don't blame you for taking a different route after your accident Jean. I guess there are other ways for me to go north, but they would be longer and not necessarily safer.

DD had a call from Army DGS yesterday, and she said he sounded wonderful. He has lost 20 pounds, which is probably an okay thing -- fit and lean I guess. Not that he was overweight or anything, but....

Nothing exciting planned for today. I think I'll stop by the store for produce and yogurt (for smoothies), and go to Curves later.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Susan, Rosa, Marijane, LindaR, Gayle, Sonya, Karen, Nancy, Gina, Val, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- I continue to pray for your niece Jean.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I am glad your trip to Costco went well. After an accident, getting back to driving can be a challenge but it is one that must be met, which you did. The QF pants today, as well as the ones in September, come in the short length with the regular rise which is something you are looking for. You might check Kohls online as well as JCP as I once remember them carrying them in some lines.

I have a headache so I'm going to take some Advil and head for the bed. I did take time to make an appointment with my optometric practice. My favorite optometrist died so I'm trying out a new one...something I'm not happy about but it has to be done. I really liked the other one as he worked with me ever since I was around 25.

Respected Contributor

Way to go Linda, with the driving. I have had anxiety driving after an incident before. Are you using your Vitamix everyday and happy with it? I do love smoothies but haven't made one in ages. DD went through a phase.

Jean I hope you feel better soon and get some sleep. Lack of sleep really takes it's toll on me. I hope the jeans are a winner for you. We have saved on our electric bill as well. With just me in the house, I tend to not do as much and also when I need cooler air I retreat to the bedroom.

Jules, I would so love to have some puppies for a few days but would fall in love with the little scamps! This morning Kyanne did her usual routine (go out, eat) and then came in the bedroom to DH's side of the bed and whined until he reached down and gave her a little attention. It was too cute.

I slept great, and feel great today. DH came and took me to lunch - that was very nice too. Work is ever so busy so I need to get back to it.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I think you have made some nice clothing purchases. Things that you can wear often & take on vacation with you. I would like the TSV if it was fur lined. I need something warm for our cold winters. Your schools definitely start early, but you get out early too (most of the time).

Jules, That is so nice of you to take on puppy duty. Your schools start early too. It does sound like you have a good start for Chase though.

LL, Yes it will be a long time until you need winter boots. I am glad that your first time in the accident direction went well with you. They have predicted rain for us all week, but we are still waiting for it. It is 80 degrees today & will be low 80's for most of next week. They say the humidity levels should rise, therefore, we will have a chance of rain all week. After a very wet June, July has been very dry. Your DGS sounds like he is doing great too so that is nice for all of you.

RC, I am glad that you are sleeping good again. It was so nice of your DH to come & take you for lunch, Especially when you are so busy at work.

Yesterday DH & I went to see our 11 yo DGS's first band concert. He just started playing baritone 6 weeks ago. It was nice & he was glad we could go as he got a nice award. DH & I went shopping & didn't buy anything. I saw a couple of tops at Kohl's but didn't have a coupon so I passed them up. I was so tired when we got home at 4:40 that I took a two hour nap before dinner.

I am meeting my DD in about 1/2 hour at Culver's 20 minutes away from our home. She is bringing our DGD so she can stay with us for the weekend. Last weekend we had her two brothers, so this weekend its is girls weekend. She is 9 y/o & just got her ears pierced last weekend, so I will definitely take her earring shopping. She has to keep these in for 6 weeks, but it will still be fun to treat her. Dinner out tonight as I am too lazy to fix tonight. We took my mom to the bank today & for groceries so now I want some quiet time. Our DGD is easy to entertain as are the boys so we are very lucky.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

AWww Twinny, you will have so much fun with DGD! I haven't even thought about dinner. Those pillows I got at Kohls (had to exchange medium for extra firm) are AWESOME but I wouldn't have bought them without a coupon. I was lucky I had 2 $20 coupons and a percent off as well. The band concerts are so much fun. That was the best part of high school for our youngest and we sure loved going to all those events and football games.

Respected Contributor

Well, I had a post nearly finished, got up to use the bathroom, and Baby Ziggy got on the computer and erased everything on me. (sigh)

You're not the only one who had a bad night, Jean - my foot was throbbing so badly that I couldn't get comfortable. I took some cold medicine which had both a pain killer and an antihistamine (which Jules suggested) and eventually it helped. I don't know what it was that I got attacked by, but first something bit my thigh right through my pants; I have a red circle there now, with a white dot in the middle. Less than a minute later something bit my ankle bone, and that's the one that's been really bothering me, although it's far better today. How anyone could actually enjoy doing yard work and gardening is beyond me! Anyway, the pharmacist at Walmart gave me something called "Sting Away," and I put some on as soon as I got to the parking lot, but it didn't help much. It was difficult to drive, as my car is standard and it hurt like heck to step down on the clutch; by the time I got home I was hardly able to walk.

I'm glad I went to Walmart last night for the kitty kibble, as I saw signs saying that this is tax-free weekend on clothing and school supplies. Between that and everyone getting SS and welfare checks all on the same day, the stores will be a zoo!

I can't get used to the idea of school starting again in August - it makes no sense, as it's the hottest month.

Jules, thank you for taking care of the precious animals. I so long for the Lord's kingdom, when all will be made right and every precious animal is loved and cherished as it was created to be. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

The TSV is cute, but I have no need of any more boots; I still have several pair that I've never worn. For those who get it - enjoy.

LindaL, the first ride past the accident site was no doubt the most difficult; you'll eventually reach a point where you don't even think about it anymore, especially after everything is settled.

I guess I'd better get moving; my shopping for the month is done except for a couple of things from Aldi, and I have to take the girls for a walk. Since Autumn took off I've been keeping them confined to the back porch; I tried a tie-up, but Autumn gets out of her collar - I guess I'll have to get her a smaller one..

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

RC, Yes those HS years were so much for myself & my DH. Now I am glad that all of the college years are behind us & our DC are doing well as are their spouses. I always enjoyed the band concerts & parades that the kids were in. DH just finished mowing the lawn as I was driving in with our DGD. It is very dry so I hope we get rain soon. I guess dinner tonight is at home. My DGD asked for the fried chicken that our local grocery sells. It is on sale this week 8 pieces for $4.98.

DH plays ball again tonight so we will watch him & take DGD for a sundae afterwards like we did the boys last week. I hope DH is more careful tonight. Last week he fell down 3 times & it took me twice through the washer to get the grass stains out of his pants.

FHG, I hope the bug bites get better soon. I am one that has never liked gardening or lawn work. My garden now consists of 6 tomato plants right out by the front door. I actually picked tomatoes a couple of days ago for the first time this year.