Valued Contributor

Haven't bought anything since Dec on QVC....

Price too high, shipping too high, fashion too blah.....((sigh)).

However, I've bought off from HSN and ShopHQ, during their sales and free shipping on items.

I am finding better values away from QVC. How about you?

Honored Contributor

Re: Haven't bought anything since Dec on QVC....

I haven't been buying clothing for myself this year, but I did find a major deal at Kohl's (in store) for my mom.

$9 from Chaps, from $90

Chaps Solid Surplice Empire Dress - Women's

It's priced much higher online.

She got this Simply Vera dress too, for about $17, down from $78.

Simply Vera Vera Wang Solid Godet Dress - Women's

Respected Contributor

Wow. I've made a few purchases at QVC. I comparative shop, so I buy from several retailers. Sometimes QVC has the best deal.

Frequent Contributor

I've gotten to the point where I only purchase those things that I fall absolutely in love with which usually means it's something unique that I can't find anywhere else.... my purchases are fewer and farther between than they used to be... Current purchases:

Valued Contributor

I'm also buying less from QVC, in fact, I'm buying less in general. I've reached a point in my life where I really don't need much anymore. I have more clothes and jewelry than I will ever wear, more handbags than I'll ever carry, more books than I will ever read and enough tsotchkes to furnish two houses. But for what I might need to replace in the way of necessities, I don't plan any major purchases either. I remember my mom buying a whole set of Christmas dishes when she was my age, now I look back and wonder why she would be adding to the clutter instead of trying to get rid of it.

DD knows if she admires something she's likely to find it in the back of her car before she leaves here. My mantra is "take it, please, take it".

Maria

Trusted Contributor

When you see the same items, day in and day out, it's not hard to avoid shopping on the Q! I use to enjoy the kitchen shows. Now, they show the same stuff every show. I'm so sick of seeing Temp-tations, don't even bother watching cooking shows.

You're correct, fashions are boring, often dowdy. Can't stand liquid knit, and Susan Graver stuffs that stuff with her gaudy, garish prints down out throats. The three-quarter sleeves on a lot of Q fashion doesn't flatter many.

Now just check a bit on line, but don't buy much. Excessive shipping and handling charges take away any interest I have in most things. They're so excessive, I feel I'm being robbed.

Honored Contributor

Do you want us to throw a party for you ???

Respected Contributor

I envy you finding great things at Kohl's. We have one that's been here about three years, but the shop is so dark and dismal I can't find anything there. They do have a good housewares department, but I've never found any item of clothing there I'd want. Wish they could improve their selection here.

Esteemed Contributor

I buy less but still do my share to keep them in the black. Linea, a few pieces of jewelry, lots of beauty. I don't watch quite as much but I do buy though I can be found posting whines about shipping!
Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Same here! The total cost is too high for me at QVC these days.

I am not an impulse shopper & look for the best value before buying. I do not buy tons of things but I do shop online regularly.

My last QVC purchase was the Emjoi eRase in December. I've purchased from 6 items from HSN this year & got 3 SKINN kits earlier in the year from SHQ. I probably won't buy more from SHQ for quite a while because I only buy skincare there.