Honored Contributor

MarlaWynne Butterfly Top - Help with sizing

I have been wanting to try this top and I think it's going to be featured tonight on The List. It's marked down $10.00 but right now still shows s/h. I'm hoping they take that off for the show.

Anyhow, I'm not sure on the sizing on this. The reviews are saying it is huge and said size down but then some are saying size down 2 sizes. I can't imagine sizing down 2 sizes and having the arms still fit?

I don't think some people realize this isn't supposed to be a fitted item. LOL Also, every picture shows either a necklace or scarf with the top. That doesn't come with the top, right?

Super Contributor

Re: MarlaWynne Butterfly Top - Help with sizing

Hi LD, I don't know what top this is but I'd say the necklace and scarf probably don't come with the top. Read the description and it should tell you, if it does. What size do you normally order in her things? for some of her things I can size down to a Small, some of her tops run large.

But in a top that's supposed to be blousy and relaxed, I'd think you'd either want to go with your regular HSN size or size down one.

Just from what you've said about the top, I'd size down one size if that is an option and they have a good range of sizes. Then again since it's so low priced you could order 2 sizes and just return the one that doesn't fit, if you know the top won't be back and you really want it and don't want to chance getting the wrong size. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

MarlaWynne Jersey Knit V-Neck Butterfly Tee

if you are talking about this one i own it already in two colors......i stayed with my normal size and it is supposed to be oversized and relaxed. if you dont care for that look then go down a size. no way could i have gone down two sizes. it would have been tight in the shoulders and upper arms.

it is just the top, no accessories come with it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Thanks Ladies. Yes Sunshine that is the top I'm talking about. The description didn't say it came with any accessories so I didn't think it did but I just wasn't sure since not one still shot showed it without the same scarf or necklace.

I only own 1 other MW piece and it's a sweater that I absolutely love and wear to death. In that I stuck with my normal size but it's not particularly oversized.

I'm going to stick with my normal size and I think I'm going to go ahead and order and use one of my free s/h coupons I won. I hate to wait until tonight. With my luck something will come up and I'll miss the show or I'll wait and my size/color will be sold out.

Respected Contributor

I have 2 sizes with her. It's worked every time for me if I look at the description of the fit. If it says semi-fitted, I go with my larger size. If it says loose fit, I go with the smaller size.

Respected Contributor

I have 5 butterfly tees, I order my regular size. Love them
Honored Contributor

On 7/31/2014 Mustangshar said: I have 5 butterfly tees, I order my regular size. Love them

you have me beat, but i definitely want more of these! i am hoping she does them in some brighter colors also for the fall and winter.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I've found sometimes when you size down on MW's tops, the sleeves are tight.

Respected Contributor

Sunshine, I'm begging she brings back the crepe ones! They were the best, I keep checking eBay. She's going to be on tonight with Colleen! And she will be on with another collection in AUGUST.
Respected Contributor

I just received the latest version of the butterfly top. It's a marled fabric and it's very soft and silky. After trying on the first color, I was coming here to say that it's more oversized than my last butterfly (the aqua from last season), but then I tried on the second top in the same size and it fits much smaller (better). I'll be keeping the blush/black returning the white/black.

If anyone needs to know sizing on the tank (337-696) that matches the new flatterfit bootcut, it runs smaller than normal. I ordered the larger of my two sizes and it's still a little snug.

My last comment is on the color of the gunmetal flatterfit bootcut pants. There were comments about it looking mauve or purple on tv and online, but it's a normal gray. I love those pants and hope she makes more colors soon.