Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Been up since 5:00 this morning, have no idea what woke me up, and I think now I could take a nap. But that won't be possible, they are cutting a tree down in my neighbor's yard, so it is going to be very noisy here today.

We are having a cool morning today, but the sun is now out, it rained a little this morning of course. We seem to have rain almost everyday here, actually our cucumber plants are dying because we have had too much rain and not enough sun.

Well I need to get a couple things done here today, so hope everyone has a great morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Thursay

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. Losing sleep makes for a difficult day at times. It would be great to take a nap but I'm sorry that the tree being cut down will interfere. I wish my neighbor would cut down a tall tree. I have this concern that someday it will become uprooted and crash down, falling on me. This could be a reality from the severe winds and weather we have had the past five years at times. We narrowly missed a tornado on Sunday.

I was up at 2am for some reason and couldn't go back to sleep. That was when I discovered a full day of CIJ. I watched some Netflix and then went back to bed. Right now, I'm taking a break from Kitchen chores.

I would love to use this sunny day to get out and do something. Despite spending three hours on the road round trip and the cost involved, I might end up going to the city. On the other hand, I have to be there next Wednesday, so I hope I can tough it out! I don't need to shop for clothing, groceries, etc., it is just getting out!

I'm still thinking about getting that top I liked so much in a different color and pattern. I think Kathleen's "Wanty" is in operation here. Resistance is not futile! I'll wait and see what the Fashion Day offerings have for me. Last year, it was nothing.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Oh my another endless day of CIJ! I haven't even been watching and I am tired of the endless programming.

We are expecting a front to come into our area---if it makes it this far. Really unusual weather we have been having this year. Oh a tornado---that would be very frightening. I know I came home a few months ago after a storm and found a huge branch down on the driveway. All the vegetation was so stressed by our drought conditions the past few years. Tree removal is certainly expensive---but all home repairs are expensive.

Jean: Sometimes one just needs a change in scene. I do understand.

I will check back later.

Esteemed Contributor

I just received a call from my Florida niece's former husband. She has been moved to intensive care and is on a respirator. He was crying but wanted to share what was transpiring and his plans. The funny thing is that they got along better after the divorce and she still shared the home but paid part of the bills.

LindaR--Shade from trees can be nice but there comes a point if the tree might endanger the house, it needs to be removed. There was two trees removed from this property many years ago. I would hate to think what it might cost now. There are no trees now, just shrubbery.

Right now, I don't think I'll be going to the fitness center unless it is in the afternoon. I just don't feel like it.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends! Susan thank you for starting us. We had a "too much rain" year, there was a spring bubbling up from my front yard that flowed around and off the property for a long time, like a month. I lost all my rosemary plants that year and have never replaced them. I should do something with my lawn but I don't.

Jean, you can have him!! ha ha Wanty has left me - I have 3 new tops finally wearing one today. Our trees are in bad shape out here too. I was telling a landscape/gardener at the rv park one of those huge trees is wilted and dying. I'm surprised they hadn't caught it.

Linda I haven't been watching either but can live without more decorations. Still trying to "slim" down my belongings, hard to do when I bring more in.

Well I am off on an adventure to SA to pick up some supplies. In a truck with no AC. Here we go!! Smiley Happy

Contributor

Hello everyone.Susan I can identify with needing a nap.My 7 year old grandson was up until about 4 am and at no later than 6 I have to let the dogs out.Jean I am so sorry about your niece.That poor lady has certainly had it rough.Praying for strength for her and all of you.I do understand just wanting to get out.Sometimes I feel all I do is go to the doctor and grocery store.I have been indulging Wanty a little bit too much lately.Seems I go in spurts.This weekend I have to take the kids shopping for clothes and supplies for school.Chase for once is not moaning about going back,he has a girlfriend.I am glad we have unlimited texting as they are always texting.Well our local shelter needs fosters so they don't have to euth so this evening my middle daughter and I will be going there to pick up fosters,it never ends.Everyone take care.I have some chores to do if I am being blessed with puppies again.
Trusted Contributor

Hello everyone, guess I should have proofread my title, I didn't realize I spelled Thursday wrong. Can you tell I was not quite awake.

Jean - The trees in our neighbors yard are dying and they could uproot during a big wind storm, so it is best to seem them taken down. I am sad about the trees because I am a bit of a tree hugger. Hope you get out to do something exciting today, the sun has just come out here so I may have to go out and do something.

I'm think you should get another top if you like the one you got so much. You know you will be wearing it, so it will balance out the cost per wear.

I am sorry to hear about your niece, I do hope things change for her. I know it is hard to hear this news and be so far from her.

LindaR - I do hope you get some rain, I would send what we are supposed to get this weekend to you in a heart beat.

Kathleen - Glad you are enjoying your new tops. Have "fun" in the truck, sorry about the AC.

Off to get some lunch, have a good afternoon everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Susan. Sorry you were up so early and can't rest due to the tree cutting. But, it sounds like the tree business is a necessity. I would be sad as well, but..... We had a storm yesterday evening -- lightening and thunder plus rain, but this morning it is just cloudy. We had a few raindrops on our walk this morning, but it was no problem, thank goodness.

Very sorry to hear about your niece Jean. I have been praying for her, and your other niece as well. I was not aware that this was another Christmas in July day. Wow -- seems like much more than normal this year. I am tempted by a set of ceramic trees by VPH, but I am trying to resist temptation. Wish me luck. I really don't need new decorations, and I should get rid of some of my old ones. But, wanty is definitely in the room. I do like that top you are considering, but I know these choices aren't always easy.

Come to think of it, I used to get the short pants from Kohl's, but I not longer live anywhere near a Kohl's, and I haven't shopped there in quite a while. I never purchased Quacker Factory bottoms, guess I should consider doing so.

Hi LindaR -- hope that front doesn't cause any problems. You are correct -- home repairs are expensive, period.

Driving without AC can be very difficult Kathleen -- good luck. I am glad wanty is leaving you alone for a while.

You made me giggle Jules -- all three of my grandsons spend a lot of time texting, or at least they did. Army DGS can't do so while he is in basic training. I am happy they have unlimited texting or DD would really go broke. I have not gotten into texting myself, and my phone doesn't include any texting time. I do have internet access on my phone, and I think that is plenty. Sorry about your lack of sleep.

Waves to Arlene, twinny, Karen, Rosa, Marijane, Gayle, Sonya, Nancy, Val, Gina, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

I had my last physical therapy session yesterday -- physical therapy really, really helped, and I like the therapists very much. But, it will be good not to have all those appointments in the future. Curves went well yesterday afternoon, and I plan to go again this afternoon.

Later this morning I plan to go to Costco -- hope that I won't be too nervous about driving on the highway. Fingers crossed.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon Ladies, I didn't even notice the misspelled Thursday Susan and when I went back to look still could not see it on first try! I know tree removal can be very expensive but very important...we have had quite a few removed over the years. I am sorry and praying for you niece Jean and her family...she has been through a lot. I also liked your tops and am "thinking " about some of the patterns. Happy to hear you are finished with your PT LindaL......I am sure you will drive will go ok going on the highway to the store. I have never gotten into texting either and maybe that's a good thing.....being on the iPad is bad enough for time wasted for me. How nice of you to be fostering puppies Jules....I hope they will be adopted soon. Hope it's not too hot a drive in the truck Kathleen, are you home this weekend? Not much here,hamburgers for supper. Sun is out and the humidity is coming back...May be a rainy weekend. Have a nice day everyone........Marijane
Respected Contributor

Jean: So sorry to hear about your niece.