Esteemed Contributor

Is Linea Whisper Knit fabric similar to SG Liquid knit?

I've never purchased any Linea Whisper Knit items, but I'm considering a whisper knit top. Can anyone please try to describe whisper knit to me? Is it similar to SG liquid knit? (I love liquid knit.) Do Linea sizes run similar to SG sizes? Thanks, in advance, for any responses!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is Linea Whisper Knit fabric similar to SG Liquid knit?

Whisper knit is nothing like liquid knit.

Whisper Knit is kind of like a 'sweater' knit...I know the Linea ladies will describe it much better than I. So ladies don't scream at me if I've described it wrong. It's just how I see WK items. They are fabulous and I have loads!

In terms of sizing...I personally feel the Linea is closer to brick and mortar stores than Susan's items. But I'm not an expert on Susan's clothing...but the SG items I've purchased seemed to run on the larger size. Whisper Knit is a forgiving material. Most of the items I have are closer to the body and 'fitted' styles and I order the same size in almost everything.

If you buy Linea and you find your size...you may well be hooked on the line. Louis dresses so many of us so nicely and for such incredibly reasonable prices.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Kate was right. The whisper knit is a special blend of rayon and nylon yarns knitted on special knitting machines into specific garment pieces. The items are fully fashioned, meaning that the front, sleeve, back, pantleg, skirt panel, etc. is specially woven for each different size. You can see the "fashioning' marks along the sides of the skirts just below the waistband, and where the sleeves are linked to the sweater bodies.

Liquid knit is a woven cut-and-sew construction. The fabric is laid out on a cutting table, cut with automated laser cutting machines, and the pieces are sewn together into the garment.

I don't own any Susan Graver items so I cannot provide any guidance regarding her items as compared to the Linea items.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks; I really appreciate the feedback from both of you. I actually just purchased my first item from Linea: a blue Ponte knit jacket----and I was surprised at how much I liked it! The fit is amazing and it's so flattering. I wear a medium and I wore it to work today. I want to get the same jacket in "chili" and I found a whisper knit top in chili, too, that I thought would make a nice set.
Respected Contributor

Whisper knit is more substantial and a better fabrication

Respected Contributor

Whisper knit is more substantial and a better fabrication

Honored Contributor

I find with SG's liquid knit I am one size smaller than in the Linea line.

The Whisper Knit (WK) sweater is quite nice and if you can get a few of the every needle rib (ENR) constructed sweaters in the WK you will find that they have a nice weight to them without being bulky.

Some ENR constructed WK sweaters are A253408 --tank top, and a ribbed waist with ribbed sleeve edges top (forget the item #). I think I forgot a few of the ENR sweaters but other people will add to this list.

They wash well- I wash mine inside out on cold water wash/rinse in the machine and then hang to dry.

You may need to steam (not iron) out the package wrinkles on this sweater or if you have it folded in a drawer that's too tightly filled to remove the wrinkles that occur with packing them in too tightly.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Whisper knit is a rayon/nylon blend. I don't own any SG but I think her liquid knit is polyester or a poly blend. Whisper Knits are fully fashioned sweaters like cashmere sweaters, and L Knits are, as the ladies have said, are cut and sew garments made from knitted fabric. On the Linea QVC site there is a special section devoted to Whisper Knits. I have stopped counting how many I own, but I wear them all the time all year long.

Esteemed Contributor

Whisper knit isn't anything like SG liquid knit, except that they are both knit fabrics. As others have said, WK is a sweater knit. But it's a very lightweight, breathable sweater knit. I live in a hot humid climate with very mild winters and I'm addicted to whisper knit because it doesn't make me feel too hot. But to my surprise, ladies who live in cold climates rave about WK, too. So it must keep them warm as well as keeping me from being TOO warm. Pretty good trick for a fabric! Although the tag says "hand wash", most of us toss them in the washer on a delicate cycle, cold water wash. I pop each WK piece in a lingerie bag before washing. I lay them flat to dry, but others put their WK sweaters in the dryer on a mild temp, for a short time. In any case, these are easy care pieces of clothing. And they feel yummy against your skin.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

SG Liquid Knit is closer (but not the same) as Linea Poly Span knits. You will love the Whisper Knit---I wear it all year round---tanks and short sleeves in the warm weather and T-necks and Long sleeves in the Cold weather. Trust us, you wil not be able to stop at just one. The fabric takes color beautifully.

What is the item number of the Navy Ponte jacket you got? Louis has done at least 3 different reds in WK pieces, but not all colors in all styles---Chili Pepper, Ruby and True Red---there was even a more Lipstick Red a few years back, as I recall.

Enjoy!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel