Honored Contributor

Tuesday Trend: The White Blazer

Did you happen to catch this on Today?

http://www.today.com/style/tamrons-tuesday-trend-sleek-sophisticated-piece-you-need-your-wardrobe-1D...

What do a cute dress, jeans, black pants, boots, sandals and even Uggs have in common? They all look great with one item: A white blazer. When in doubt, this piece is the way to go. Got a meeting at your kids' school?Pair black leggings or a black skirt with a black tank, flats and a white blazer for a totally effortless, yet sophisticated look. Going out to dinner or on the town? Try a flirty skirt, sexy cocktail heel or wedge and the white blazer for an outfit that screams flawless.

I find the white blazer to be the most versatile item in my closet — so it's my go-to over anything I wear, especially jeans. But even though it's a great piece to own, never pay full price for it! Getting a white blazer to last is nearly impossible. I've been known to wash even the dry clean-only ones in a very mild delicate wash, then iron them myself. Try at your own risk! But either way, you won't be disappointed with owning this extremely versatile and stylish article of clothing.

Lilliana Vazquez, style expert and author of "The Cheap Chica's Guide to Style," shows TODAY viewers how you can instantly class up your look with a white blazer. Check out her fashionable combinations:

Look #1: Corporate Cool

This cropped blazer hits above the hip bone, which helps to better balance out your proportions if you're petite. It also makes a perfect pairing with a V-neck dress; a look that works especially well on women with fuller busts.

Blazer

Look #2: Evening Elegant

This tuxedo blazer takes your typical white blazer up a notch. Pair with a jumpsuit (a current celebrity favorite!) for a stylish option for a night out. Besides making you look glam, these longer, menswear-inspired blazers have clean lines that will make you look lean and thin — just make sure they have some feminine details, like thin lapels, to help define your shape, too.

Blazer

Look #3: Dress Downtown

This classic blazer is perfect for giving your wardrobe an instant update — simply mix with some separates you already own to get a variety of new outfit ideas. You can even pair it with some cutoff shorts to give your casual clothes a more polished look, and opt for mixed textures that will make your blazer look and feel more expensive than it actually is, like silk detail on the lapel.

Blazer

Honored Contributor

Re: Tuesday Trend: The White Blazer

I would shmutz it up on the first wearing.
Honored Contributor

On 7/29/2014 faeriemoon said: I would shmutz it up on the first wearing.

Bleach is your friend!

Honored Contributor

I have a creamy white blazer done in an eyelet material that I absolutely love. I wear it with spaghetti strap or strapless sundresses. It's one of a kind from a boutique in Palm Desert and I wished I bought a back up for years down the road. Timeless.

I also have an Eileen Fisher blazer done in white linen, a little more casual, but it's fitted unlike most EF designs.

Honored Contributor

On 7/29/2014 lolakimono said:
On 7/29/2014 faeriemoon said: I would shmutz it up on the first wearing.

Bleach is your friend!

On a blazer?!? :0
Honored Contributor

On 7/29/2014 Lucky Charm said:

I have a creamy white blazer done in an eyelet material that I absolutely love.

I found a cream ""jean"" jacket style last year from Coldwater Creek. That color is virtually impossible to find!

Frequent Contributor

Last fall I posted about a white blazer I found for a great deal, wondering if I should get it. I'm a little impatient, and I didn't want to buy it and then have to wait 8 months to wear it, LOL! So I didn't buy it, now kicking myself!{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Honored Contributor

There are some interesting options on 6pm.

Jones NY

Michael Kors

Lucky Brand

Vince Camuto

Pendleton

DKNYC

Super Contributor

A white blazer looks too much like a doctor's jacket..no thank.

and I can't wear cropped jackets.

Super Contributor

I love this look BUT I know I would get it filthy. Whenever I wear a white skirt, dress or pants I inevitably spill something on it. Wearing white is so high maintenance for me.