Occasional Contributor

Polyester,like talk,is cheap. Can QVC sell ANYTHING in a natural fabric?!?

I am so over polyester at QVC. Susan Grave, QVC's leading "designer" confines herself to polyester. I am sick and bored with all the polyester. It is forgiving but it is HOT. I shop everywhere, including high end stores. Isn't there anyone in QVC's management hierarchy or a show host who believes there is a niche (however small) at QVC where a natural fabric (besides cotton in Denim & Co) could be sold? I would pay more for a garment made out of silk, or cotton or tropical weight wool. Or, has this been tried and it is always back to polyester? It's like the chicken or the egg question. Does QVC attract only middle age hefties because it sells those kinds of clothes or do middle age hefties shop at QVC because it sells their kind of clothes? BTW, I am a middle ager who is gaining girth. But I don't want to look that way. Also, what happened to the models I saw for a while who were not 5 foot 9 and above? Clothing looks great on tall models. How about some models who are the average height of the American woman. That would be 5'4" or less. Or did sales drop off when they tried that?

Honored Contributor

Re: Polyester,like talk,is cheap. Can QVC sell ANYTHING in a natural fabric?!?

Hefties! Ha!! LOL!!
Regular Contributor

I know I have to laugh at the names they use to disguise polyester. It has improved from the first generation but please, butter knit, liquid knit etc. I will say that Rayon works will for me in the heat. It seems to breathe better and has good movement.

Super Contributor

It is hard to find natural fiber that has style and flare with taste.

Super Contributor

Our skin can't even breathe without natural fiber but women got to where they did not want to iron.......so comes in polyester and it will be here when the world is gone.

Trusted Contributor

Affordable, versatile, can be made to mimic natural fabrics, blends well with other fibers, and (best of all!) EASY CARE. I'm sorry, but QVC's customers love poly and poly blends and buy them by the truckload. Rejoice that you can buy fashions in natural fabrics elsewhere. Personally, I hate dry cleaning, ironing, and all the other care natural fabrics so often demand.

Trusted Contributor

Don't forget, you have to put an ugly animal print, or some other gaudy design on that nasty polyester! If not that, some cheap, tacky, embellishment!

Honored Contributor

Natural fibers are not easy to take care of. You have to iron. Many of the fibers you have to dry clean. Silk stains easily and is extremely wrinkly. Cotton is a pleasure to wear but it does shrink. It wrinkles too.

Per your comment about tall models. You answered it yourself. You said that clothing on tall models look great. They do. That's why they are tall to begin with. It's harder to show off clothing just as attractive on a heavy, short women.

Trusted Contributor

I love natural fiber fabrics, but I'm fine with a nice polyester as well. Not all polyesters are cheap, either. I've sewn for years, and I'm really into fabrics, so I can attest to that.

It's just what you prefer, and definitely the quality of the fabric in question.

I'd take a high quality polyester (and I do think they can mimic the nicer natural fabrics) over an inexpensive natural fiber any day.

It's good that there are choices out there.

Honored Contributor

I buy and love Modal at QVC, and it's hard to come by elsewhere. I buy 100% wool sweaters, cotton jeans. Several Breezies garments are cotton or cotton blend. I don't like poly and I prefer not to buy it, but there are some blends I've been very happy with. If you don't want to join the "middle age hefties" you might want to do something about your heftiness, because doing something about middle age is a whole lot tougher. The TSV yesterday was originally shown on a plus sized woman, and she has also shown swim suits.