Respected Contributor

how about a show featuring talls?

wouldn't it be a find to have qvc have a fashion show geared to talls? it could also include larger sized shoes and hats.

perhaps dedicating an hour or hour and a half to see how the sales go. i'm sure everything would sell out "in a heartbeat"!

some good promos would help get the audience to support this.

if this is not possible, then how about offering talls on all items that petites and regulars are offered. i'm specifically talking about pants/slacks and perhaps jackets.

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Trusted Contributor

Re: how about a show featuring talls?

With the number of QVC items in tall, it'd be a really short show - and with jeans only!
Frequent Contributor

YES, YES, YES!!!

I'm 5'10", wear a 14/16 (large), and usually anything I like in my size is sold out. So, if QVC can get enough inventory, I'd like to see a show for talls, and a special show for petites. We may wear the same numerical size, but the rises and arm/leg lenths differ and fits are very different for my petite friends.

It's hard to be lumped in with the regular, or normal sized people. And, since SG is QVC's designer, please put a bug in her ear that we would like tall sizes in all of her pants and skirts. Skirts that are knee length on normal sized ladies come 3-4 inches above my knees.

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Super Contributor

They will never do this. Not all women that are tall, buy tall clothing. They may only buy long inseam pants but not tall clothing such as tops and jackets etc. There just isn't the market for it. This has been a request for YEARS and QVC just won't do it. The buyers must feel it isn't a profitable thing and it wouldn't sell.

They do offer tall pants sometimes in some lines, Graver, WWC, and a few more.

I am tall too and like a longer inseam with a small heel, however I am not in need of tall clothing other than pants.

If you are really tall perhaps say over 6'0 try Long Tall Sally. They have beautiful things for talls.

And the main gripe I have with QVC "regular" inseams is that they are not all that regular. IMO a regular inseam, and what is out in retail being sold as "regular" is 32-33 inches. I noticed for example, most of Ann Taylor and Loft's regular inseam pants, have a 33 in. inseam unless it's a cropped or ankle pant. Most of the time QVC does a regular inseam at 31. Which is too short. I can get away with a regular if it's 32. Otherwise I have to have a tall. and sometimes, like if I wanted to buy the TSV today for example, I'd need a tall but they aren't selling tall. So in that case if they are only doing a regular and petite, they really need to make their regulars in a 32 length. it makes a big difference.

Respected Contributor

I completely agree with you. Those of us that are vertically gifted seem to be forgotten by QVC. Once in a blue moon they'll offer pants with a 34" inseam. The other occasional times that they have a tall option, it's usually 32". For someone like me, 32" doesn't work. I think talls should be a minimum of 34". Most things do not have enough of a hem to let down and it's not like you can just add a bit at the bottom.

When QVC is offering petite and regular sizes, then they should also have a tall too, especially when the item is a TSV. If the host is short, they'll say buy a regular pair and a petite pair so you can wear heels or flats. Sorry, but for some of us, that wouldn't even work in bare feet. It's also annoying when they harp on about and show how the petite is two inches shorter than the regular. Well, how about having a tall there too and showing how much longer it is than the regular? Those of us that are tall would like to have our pants hit at the right spot too, whether they are full length pants, capris or ankle pants. I guess they think we don't matter. LOL, oh, I forgot, they don't think of us as real women!

Honored Contributor

On 7/28/2014 imaclotheshog said:

They will never do this. Not all women that are tall, buy tall clothing. They may only buy long inseam pants but not tall clothing such as tops and jackets etc. There just isn't the market for it. This has been a request for YEARS and QVC just won't do it. The buyers must feel it isn't a profitable thing and it wouldn't sell.

I am tall too and like a longer inseam with a small heel, however I am not in need of tall clothing other than pants.

If you are really tall perhaps say over 6'0 try Long Tall Sally. They have beautiful things for talls.

And the main gripe I have with QVC "regular" inseams is that they are not all that regular. IMO a regular inseam, and what is out in retail being sold as "regular" is 32-33 inches. I noticed for example, most of Ann Taylor and Loft's regular inseam pants, have a 33 in. inseam unless it's a cropped or ankle pant. Most of the time QVC does a regular inseam at 31. Which is too short. I can get away with a regular if it's 32. Otherwise I have to have a tall. and sometimes, like if I wanted to buy the TSV today for example, I'd need a tall but they aren't selling tall. So in that case if they are only doing a regular and petite, they really need to make their regulars in a 32 length. it makes a big difference.

YES! I am 5'6.5", but have long legs. I need 32" length in inseams, always, Q's regular just look like high water pants on me.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

although i am 5'10.5", i am all legs. usually sleeves on "regulars" are fine. i do look for reviews stating that the sleeves on something are too long, and i jump in to purchase if i like the item. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

however, i still believe that qvc, should at least offer tall inseams of 34" especially in tsv. many of us have long legs and do not need the longer rise. items that fill this niche would sell. we see it all the time. the tall slacks sell out.

thanks for the long tall sally, but their items are too long for me. hopefully, it will help someone else.

i do agree with marthas, the b & m stores carry pants with longer inseams; especially old navy.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Super Contributor

On 7/28/2014 snickster said:
On 7/28/2014 imaclotheshog said:

YES! I am 5'6.5", but have long legs. I need 32" length in inseams, always, Q's regular just look like high water pants on me.

Yep! I have long legs too. I am about 5'8 & 1/2 give or a take a little and the 31 in inseams I've tried just do not work for me.

With flats, I can use a 32 in. inseam. But if I am going to wear say a 2 or 3 in. heel then I need a 34 inseam.

I have had problems finding the right length pants all my life, well, since I went through puberty and grew tall! It was really frustrating and so annoying seeing my petite friends being able to find petite lengths when regulars just were too short for me and I couldn't find talls! I always hated that.

Fortunately out in B&M retail, manufacturers are now cutting their regular inseams a bit longer, and it's not uncommon to find a regular inseam that is 32, 33 in. Which is great.

I remember that when QVC first came on air that their regular inseams were mostly 30 in. so at least they are making progress. lol

Respected Contributor

I would be happy if they would JUST offer talls whenever they offer petites! The tall sizes always sell out fast so I don't have a clue why they don't offer them. The white tall D&C legging that I love have been out of stock for almost a YEAR in my size. Why? Can't they find a manufacturer to make more? Talls should ALWAYS be offered along with regular and petites! Not fair if you don't Q! This makes me!

Honored Contributor

It would be nice (I'm 5'8") - and I'm sure that the petite chicks would agree if it was geared towards them - but I doubt that the Q would. They always try to appeal to their average demographic and/or the customers who have the most expendable cash to give them.

BTW, the average American woman is 5'4" and a size 14.