Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, 7/28)

Good morning, shopping friends. It was one of those nights in which I could not sleep. Combined with the dreary skies outside, the day isn't off to the best start.

I think the TSV is a great value for anyone who would wear all the pieces. I'm passing, however, as I'm mixing and matching what I've recently bought...and much of it can be packed easily and switched around to create multiple outfits out of just a few. I might have considered buying it had the short dress not been included.

My inbox received the bill for the balance due on the Kona, Hawaii condo so I have paid that today. September 2 is rapidly approaching. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to it.

I guess we will be having a Fall Fashion Day soon but right now, I don't see too much that needs to be bought as most of my items can be worn several months. I will be needing some jeans later on in the smaller size but that can wait until a good buying opportunity arises for the lines that fit me well.

Right now, I'm debating going to the fitness place; I'm not much in the mood for it after not having much sleep. On the other hand, I don't want to get out of the habit of going when the center is open. I just wish it were open on weekends.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, 7/28)

Good morning Jean! I'm glad you have a trip to plan for, to counter all the bad weather you have had this year. It doesn't sound like many of you will get a summer at all.

Meanwhile, back in scorchville... had a good time with the family this weekend. Girls and I spent the day at the amusement park and had a lot of fun. Even though I drink water all day I still end up with a headache - the heat really took the life out of us. But we rode all that we wanted to and then went to the pool in the rv park. We all went to bed early, then Sat was pedicures and the mall. Sat night we went back to the steakhouse (one I complained about 2 weeks ago that was so awful) and we had an excellent meal this time and DH took video of our trip down the slide. (they have a slide from 2nd floor to 1st floor for "kids") The girls left Saturday night and DH and I had a quiet day yesterday.

I stopped at Mom's and had a big salad for dinner last night - that was nice too. Now back at work and we are ramping up for school. Still much to do here and only 2 weeks to go.

I had written a long post yesterday on my phone and lost it all. Boo! I hope all are doing well and thank you everyone for the birthday wishes.

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--Glad you had a great day out despite the heat and dehydration. It is good that you had a great experience at the steakhouse compared to the prior visit.

I just don't feel that great. I'm starting to sneeze and have a headache. I often don't sleep well before I get a cold, etc. It is not typical of me but I think I'm heading to the bed.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls! Well, I was up early - my handyman called and said he finished his last job early, so he came over at 10 instead of 2. He charges by the hour, but if it's a partial hour, he charges for a full one, so after he replaced the lock and repaired the door I had some minor jobs for him. He didn't have the proper switch to fix the bathroom outlet, so he said he could either come back another time or else go to Lowe's, for which he'd charge me travel time. Since he's not cheap ($35 an hour) I chose to have him come back some other time as it won't cost me extra - he'll pick up the things when he happens to be there for something else.

I don't know what came over Baby Donny (who isn't much of a baby anymore - he's about nine months old now), but he totally fell in love with this guy and wouldn't leave him alone. He was brushing against him, and at one point jumped on his back! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Wish I was going with you, Jean. I miss home - but friends have told me it's gotten even more developed since I left and I'd barely recognize it. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} How's your niece doing? Hope you're feeling better - get lots of rest.

Well, now that I can secure the house I can take the girls on an outing; they had to stay home yesterday, as I didn't want to go anywhere. I did go to church, but they were here to guard the place. I'll also hit the pool again; I spent a few hours there yesterday, much of it on the float with a book. It's not all that hot yet but I guess it'll warm up later; we had quite a storm last night. As for right now, I'm taking a nap!

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

I did get a couple of orders in this weekend, waiting at home for me. That swimsuit will have to go back - it was just a little awful. ha ha!! I ordered a dress and a couple tops to try. The dress is a winner (had tried it on in the store before) but I suspect the tops will go back. They are cute but not a fabric that I love and the style is a little odd on my shape. One has that hugging banded bottom and halterish (bareing brastraps a bit) and the other is a 2 layer top and just not sure I like it. the under layer is sheer and so you can see my belly button if I lift my arms a little bit.

I have 2 pillows from Kohls that need to go back and be exchanged for more firm.

It sounds like the summer cold is making its rounds. I hope you feel better soon.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean -- very sorry about your lack of sleep and feeling sick this morning. Doesn't sound like a good day for exercise for you. Perhaps you will feel better later in the day or tomorrow. Very happy you have a trip to look forward to. I agree about the TSV -- it looks like a nice value, but I know from past experience that I wouldn't use all the pieces, so I won't be ordering. Hope any of you who order it enjoy it very much.

Glad you had a nice weekend and birthday celebration Kathleen. It is pretty hot here as well, but we had quite a storm last night -- lots of lightening and thunder as well as some heavy rain. Luckily, no rain on our walk this morning. There were lots of swarming bugs, however. They are really something. Schools start on Thursday around here. Sorry so many things you ordered need to be returned.

I was shocked to see you posting so early Arlene. Glad the handyman was able to help you secure the house. The other day at Curves a lady was saying she never locks her doors. She lives alone, etc., and she said she never had a problem. I can't imagine deliberately leaving all the doors unlocked despite this being a pretty safe area.

Last night we watched a movie called "Mile...Mile & A Half" on Netflix. I wondered if Sonya has seen it since it is about hiking the John Muir Trail. Some beautiful scenery, but what a hike!

I have a physical therapy session this afternoon, and I also plan to go to Curves. I did a little work for one of my volunteer "jobs" yesterday -- just writing and website maintenance. Not much else to report from here.

Waves to twinny, Marijane, LindaR, Susan, Karen, Rosa, Gayle, Gina, Sonya, Nancy, birdmama, CouponQueen, Val, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice day everyone, and I hope those of you who are ill feel better soon.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I hope you fell better soon. Prayers for your two nieces too. I slept well last night as it was very cool. It was hot & humid here last Monday & Tuesday & again Friday & Saturday. Yesterday while we were taking the boys back to their home, we got into a down pour for about 10 minutes. We need rain here but didn't get even a drop.

RC, It sounds like you had a great birthday with your family. After a hot day at the theme park, I bet that pool felt wonderful. I am glad that steak house was wonderful again. It is nice to have quiet time when all of the fun is over.

FHG, I am glad the locks are again working properly. Yes it is expensive to have to hire help for anything these days. I am glad that you can once again enjoy your pool. Nothing like water on a hot day.

It was a fun weekend with our DGS's. We don't get them that often for an entire weekend. We took them to see "grampa" play ball Friday night. I just got done doing three loads of laundry & hanging it outside as it is breezy & will only be in the 70's most of the week, DH fell 3 times so he had lots of grass stains to remove. UGH!!! Then we took them to Culver's for an ice cream treat.

Saturday morning we took them to a nice park not far from our home. Then I wanted to go see our newly renovated library. Since I use my Kindle a lot, I don't go to the library much anymore. Then DH grilled for lunch. We went to see my mom after lunch & she was thrilled to see the boys again. Saturday afternoon I slept, DH watched a baseball game & the boys enjoyed watching a soccer game on TV. We took them to a nice Italian Pizzeria for supper. They really liked the pizza there. It is different than the local pizza chains around here. After dinner, we went to see the car show. It had lots of unique things there. My favorite was a car from the UK with the steering on the right side.

Yesterday we took them to church with us & ended up at Taco Bell for lunch. We took them back in the afternoon. By then we were all tired. The boys had fun with the new soccer ball that their mom bought them at the Soccer Store on the way down here on Friday. It was a beautiful ball, but I thought pricey. I asked them how much it was & they said $40.!! I said "just don't lose it!"

Today will be quiet around here.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like you had quite a nice weekend with your DGSs twinny. It always amazes me how much sports equipment and clothes cost.

I think I would like that pizza place as well.

Esteemed Contributor

LL, It amazes me when people say they don't lock their doors. Sometimes we forget when we go to bed at night & I thank the Lord the next day that we were safe. We live in quite a small town, but that doesn't matter these days. I still remember the horror of a farm couple getting murdered about 30 minutes from our home. It was last April & they were in their mid 60's. A young fellow whom his parents had called authorities to see if they could have him committed to a mental institution as they said he was unsafe. Authorities said there was nothing they could do with him so he drove over 100 miles to a place he didn't even know existed. He ditched his car & broke into their home as he saw that there was nobody home. He was there a day or two before they returned home from their month long trip to CA to see their DD & family. He bludgeoned them with a fireplace poker. When the older mans brother came to check on the house, he was also bludgeoned to death. This is a village of less than a 100 people.

RC, It is too bad that the packages didn't work out for you. Sometimes it is just fun to open a package. That top sounded interesting too.

Respected Contributor

Well, I just woke up from a long nap. The temps didn't get very warm, so I guess I'll skip the pool today - this is another disappointing summer.

When I lived in Kona I went to church and didn't lock my lanai door; I thought it was safe. Well, I came home to find a real mess, and discovered the son of a neighbor across the street was the culprit. I called the police, and when the captain himself arrived and greeted the boy's mother as a friend, I knew nothing much would be done. But oh, they were a good "religious" family, and the BOY (who was about 18-19) was an elder in their "church." Point is, it's best to not trust anyone these day.

I made a Trader Joe's butter chicken dinner for lunch, and I'm not really pleased with it; maybe I'll pick something up when I take the dogs to the park.