Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Another exciting Sunday here, just kidding. I do have stuff to do here, but this yucky cold is really dragging me down, DH and I have had it for a week now and we are ready to pass it on to someone else.

No shopping for me today, okay I bought more cold meds, but that is it. I am sitting here waiting for the rain to start, DH said last night we had a heck of a storm with some hail, thanks to the cold meds, I slept right thru it. Unfortunately, DH is not sleeping well because this cold has me snoring like a not so well tuned machine. I am hoping this is done soon.

Hope everyone is doing well today, have a good afternoon everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Sunday

Good Morning/Afternoon! Sorry you and your DH are still sick Susan, but please don't pass your cold on to me. I have enough problems as it is. LOL Actually, my accident problems are much better, but I still have my backache. It does seem a bit better this morning, thank goodness.

I was already awake when the alarm went off this morning since we were having pounding rain and thunder. So, I turned off the alarm, and only got up at 6:00 a.m. I know that is the middle of the night for Arlene, but late for us in the summer. Anyway, we started off on our walk, and saw a pack of javelina (they look a bit like wild pigs, but are not). Since they can harm you if you get in their way (and apparently have poor vision), we decided to take a detour on our walk. That went well until suddenly the rain came back with a vengeance. There are a number of unoccupied houses around here (winter visitors who are not here for the summer), we went to someones front porch and waited until the rain diminished. So, our walk took longer than normal and went later than normal. Oh well....

I'm off to church now, and I plan to go to the gym later. Hopefully, DH will join me.

Waves to Jean (praying for your nieces), Kathleen (glad you had a nice birthday), Arlene, twinny, Marijane, Rosa, LindaR, Gayle, Sonya, Karen, Nancy, Gina, Val, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Argh lost my post. Just checking in to say hello. Sending chicken soup thoughts to Susan and Dh
Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. I do hope that you and DH feel better soon.

Linda--You are so dedicated to getting in your exercise. Glad you could find a place to protect yourself during the downpour.

Kathleen--I do hope your birthday went well yesterday. I haven't been the best at checking the FB updates today.

I'm not doing much today; it is a lazy day. I have the tablet. cell phone, laptop, Kindle, etc. in case we lose power. We are expecting a major storm in our state today with flash flood warnings issued.

The update on my niece according to her SO is that the doctor believes the paralysis in the lower limbs may be permanent. This, in addition, to the TPN feeding means that the hope of a transplant is now non-existent.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Well, I went to church and left Autumn on the back porch which I fastened from the inside to guard the door that won't close, but left right afterwards and came right home. I did pick up a new lock at Lowe's last night, and I'm glad I went there rather than order from Amazon, as it was less than half the price. I talked to some guys who work there and they said that probably the door is out of alignment, but I wanted a dead bolt that closes with a key on both sides anyway - it's pretty much useless to have a latch closure where someone could just break a window, stick in their hand, and turn the latch. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

So anyway, I can't really go anywhere until it's repaired. I have a call in to a handyman that someone recommended, but if he doesn't call me back by tomorrow, I'll call the deacons from church. I also picked up some siding cleaner from Lowe's, so that's something I'll have to take care of this week, along with yard work.

Hope you're feeling better soon, Susan - summer colds are the worst.

LindaL - I could be a morning person too...if mornings started at noon! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Sorry to hear about your niece, Jean; so what's the prognosis at this point?

Well, guess I'll make some lunch and head out to the pool. Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Very sorry to hear about your niece Jean. I continue to pray for her.

Respected Contributor

Opps. vanishing post.

Jean prayers continue for your niece. She certainly is a complex case.

Was up early for bible class and church. Then after church went to lunch with a lady from church. She had asked me last week---it was very nice. I then headed towards home, stopped for gas, and went to Wallys for a few items. When I went by the convention center it was 101. It was only about 1:30 at the time--when I got home and went to close the gate---Mr. Boodles was patiently waiting for me in the shade! I know he gets hot with that fur coat. I was noticeing that the Old Enlglish is growing her hair back very quickly. It seems that I just had her groomed. I need to take Lily for a pedicure---she is very sweet, sleeps next to me, loves to have her stomach rubbed, but hates to be picked up. She goes into terrible terrier mode. I know her shots will be coming up soon also---so it is always a test of wills. Years ago we had a little terrier gal named "Sanders". She was a sweetheart until you touched her nails---She had a dew claw that needed to be trimmed frequently so it was a battle. Miss her--she was quite a sweetheart. We were at the shelter and walked into the kitty room---she was on the bottom kennel--the only dog in the kitty area. When I asked if we could see her they said she was too young. I said the tag said she was six months. Well, she was very timid--when we took her out. We filled out the ten page adoption forms and they called to say we could have her. The gals at the vet said when they called---they didn't even have to look us up--they said yes, we know them. Well my DH had a change of heart--but being the stubborn gal that I am I made arrangements to pick her up. She wasn't spay yet--so I dropped her off at the vet to be spay. On Friday I went to pick her up--she was still loopy---dropped her in my DH's lap and it was over for me---she was "his" dog. She would wait until he would take her out---if I offered she would brush me off!!

I hope everyone is staying cool---those of us in the HOT zone. Those not feeling well--hope you feel better soon.